5.4 Proving Grounds: Endless

90 Draenei Shaman
So to get the title "the proven healer", you have to survive 30 waves. I was able to complete "Gold" once I reforged spirit back onto all my gear (your gear is scaled down to 463, so mana is an issue again). I was sucking fumes on mana the whole time though, and I wish I had kept more spirit trinkets.

Has anyone completed this on the PTR yet? If so, what were your thoughts?

Thinking I need an alternate set of gear with lots of spirit gemmed and enchanted to get through round 30.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Monk
Can't wait to try this out tomorrow!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
many people have gotten to like wave 80+ (or probably higher by now)

Some of the early Chinese ones were when pvp gear wasn't scaling, but legit ilvl players have surpassed 30 by quite a bit.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
You're going to need an alternate set gemmed and enchanted to get through it, most likely.

I think the title is a misnomer, since nothing I do in Proving Grounds has any bearing on how actual healing works. It's kind of a joke, really.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
09/09/2013 09:54 AMPosted by Gamex
many people have gotten to like wave 80+

I haven't heard of any 80+ runs. If I had, I probably would have spent more time in there - my personal record is in the mid 60's. Resto druids have it easier than other classes, though.
Edited by Frozenorange on 9/9/2013 10:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I was bad and never actually installed in the PTR, very excited to try this come patch day :D Will see how far I get on both my druid and my priest.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
You're going to need an alternate set gemmed and enchanted to get through it, most likely.

^ This.

DO NOT D/E your ToT gear=/

Stack spirit, reach a haste breakpoint etc on alt set of gear.

And don't forget to bring your added utility dps/stuns etc.

On PTR, my gear was scaled about 2.5k under haste breakpoint (3043 HBP) and spirit was scaled to around 6k.

You will need significantly more spirit, keep in mind due to scaling, your healing will be doing less than half of whatever you do on live. ie; My tranquility ticked for 6k. as opposed to 22.5k on live.

Free healing via shroom efflorescence imo is the only thing putting druids above other healers in proving grounds.
Edited by Tonydanza on 9/9/2013 11:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

I think the title is a misnomer, since nothing I do in Proving Grounds has any bearing on how actual healing works. It's kind of a joke, really.

She mad :p

In her defense it's classic specific. Having a reliable ranged interrupt and the plethora of totems made it much more manageable. On the PTR I eeked by at 32 before I wiped. You'll want a set with glyphs and talents geared towards regen though. It's pretty tough otherwise.
Reply Quote

This might depend on class.
For endless you can eat/drink after each set of 10 waves so as long as you can make it to 10/20/etc without ooming extra spirit is wasted. As Disc, the last time I tried endless (several weeks ago now) I went with all throughput gemming/reforging and did better than stacking spirit. I was more throughput-limited than mana limited.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
09/09/2013 12:06 PMPosted by Evry

This might depend on class.
For endless you can eat/drink after each set of 10 waves so as long as you can make it to 10/20/etc without ooming extra spirit is wasted. As Disc, the last time I tried endless (several weeks ago now) I went with all throughput gemming/reforging and did better than stacking spirit. I was more throughput-limited than mana limited.

How much atonement based were you though?

Just wondering. Adding dps is a hugeee help, but once you have to sit and heal because something stayed alive too long/got a cast off, mana goes really fast.
Edited by Tonydanza on 9/9/2013 12:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
How much atonement based were you though?

Just wondering. Adding dps is a hugeee help, but once you have to sit and heal because something stayed alive too long/got a cast off, mana goes really fast.

I used the same setup for Holy too. However with PoM "fixed" I'd have to re-evaluate strategy.

Smite spam is hard on mana, so not much unless i was comfortable with mana. Some waves it can be more important than others. I did take ToF and used Holy Fire / smite to keep it up. Penance was probably half and half defensive vs offensive.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
09/09/2013 12:27 PMPosted by Evry
PoM "fixed"

/trollface

(http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9882309126)

I can get about halfway through gold damage and gold tank as disc but idk if I can actually get to the end.
Reply Quote
(http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9882309126)

wat.

Blizz wut r u doing?

Why is Prayer of Mending so hard not to break?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
You will need significantly more spirit

Disagree, especially as a druid. I did fine on mana with 5.4-5.5k spirit.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9882309126

Ogod, more PoMbugs?
Edited by Frozenorange on 9/9/2013 1:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
+Dstar/Halo DR bugs:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9882048854#18

and Ceddya's post on the next page.
Edited by Amabella on 9/9/2013 1:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
09/09/2013 01:13 PMPosted by Frozenorange
You will need significantly more spirit

Disagree, especially as a druid. I did fine on mana with 5.4-5.5k spirit.

Did you do it before sotf efflo bug was fixed?
*going far into endless^
Edited by Tonydanza on 9/9/2013 1:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Question... I know the gear scales down, but what about set bonuses? Resto shaman got a set bonus one tier this expansion that reduced the mana cost of GHW by 10% -- this seems like it would be very helpful in a mana constrained situation.

Does anyone know if set bonuses work in the Proving Grounds?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Does anyone know if set bonuses work in the Proving Grounds?

They do not.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Did you do it before sotf efflo bug was fixed?
*going far into endless^

Before and after.
Reply Quote
Before and after.

Nerf Frozenorange pls.
or just druids. I will accept druid nerfs.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]