5.4 Proving Grounds: Endless

100 Draenei Paladin
Should we write up a ticket asking about this? Or you think they will read this forum?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Has anyone put in a ticket? I can't believe that this is intended behavior, especially when I'm hearing so many people having huge issues.

I've just tried out silver and gold again and they seem absolutely fine. It appears endless is the only thing affected.

This was complained about repeatedly during the testing on the PTR. It was fixed to an extent (trust me, they used to be worse), but they left them in this condition.

And no, I don't think complaining about it will get anywhere, because they honestly don't seem to see a problem with it.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Has anyone put in a ticket? I can't believe that this is intended behavior, especially when I'm hearing so many people having huge issues.

I've just tried out silver and gold again and they seem absolutely fine. It appears endless is the only thing affected.

This was complained about repeatedly during the testing on the PTR. It was fixed to an extent (trust me, they used to be worse), but they left them in this condition.

And no, I don't think complaining about it will get anywhere, because they honestly don't seem to see a problem with it.

I get that its meant to be challenging but... I dunno how but I feel it shouldn't be challenging in this way. Man I've been crying about this for a while now :( boo
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
Their dps in endless mode is about 25-50% less than it was earlier this week.

This. They broke it with the "crash fix" they did the other day.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Well, I posted a bug report on it (along with my strange "offline player" group I get if I leave a mode early). They can read it if they want. If they want to have this horribly broken excuse for Endless mode, they can.

I just wish that I had spent the time to get my title on Tuesday, rather than figuring "oh, I'll just do it over the weekend"
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Does the amber from Klaxxi work for regenning mana? I know it works in CM's.

Nope, already tried it :p

Wrong, you can use it.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
I just wish that I had spent the time to get my title on Tuesday, rather than figuring "oh, I'll just do it over the weekend"

Even so, that give us like...what, one day to do it how it was intended? That is completely unfair and I really hope they address this sometime. No rush I guess because its just a title we want but yea...
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Is there verification that there is a bug in the healer endless proving grounds right now?

I didn't attempt them on tuesday, but it seems like people are saying that they are significantly harder for some reason.

Personally the best attempt I had was wave 14.
Reply Quote
Is there verification that there is a bug in the healer endless proving grounds right now?

I didn't attempt them on tuesday, but it seems like people are saying that they are significantly harder for some reason.

Personally the best attempt I had was wave 14.

NPCs AoE is non-existant now compared to before. Except for the warrior using Thunderclap, the rest do not AoE mobs the way they did before. For me, this was most notable with the mage as she would regularly go into melee range to use Arcane Explosion and thus I could have 4 people in Healing Rain regularly. Now, this never happens at all after about hour and a half of testing. This makes mobs die too slowly and carry over to the next wave when previously you had a downtime of about 5 seconds in between most waves.
Reply Quote
Argh! WHYYYYYY!?! So I decided not to do my Endless Healer achievements the day it went live and now round 9 of endless is very much like how round 8 used to be on ptr before they nerfed it. It doesn't help that the damn mage is tanking the casters in round 8. The tank is just standing there with one melee mob ignoring everything else it seems. And there are mobs left over from all sorts of rounds.

Although I have only reforged my normal gear after down scaling to hit haste breakpoint, and was spirit heavy to begin with. I am utterly oom around the last 15 sec of round 9. And the mage is borderline being one shot.

Thinking it was maybe a little too easy after it got nerfed on ptr, but now on live I'm gonna have to rely on luck with hoping I get one of the double debuffs so I can move away from the group or use the mages iceblock to get it off myself while I dispel the other person. That and hoping the idiots don't stand in sh!t.

Edit: Put together some attempts I recorded. Same thing every time. http://youtu.be/otJfUkr0lJ8
Edited by Blå on 9/13/2013 8:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
It doesn't help that the damn mage is tanking the casters in round 8. The tank is just standing there with one melee mob ignoring everything else it seems. And there are mobs left over from all sorts of rounds.

having these same issues.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest

They were definitely having a ton of overlap when I was doing Gold earlier today. From what I've seen of Endless so far (up to wave 9) I'm actually seeing slightly less overlap in Endless than in Gold. Not sure why that might be.
Edited by Tiakatt on 9/13/2013 7:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin

They were definitely having a ton of overlap when I was doing Gold earlier today. From what I've seen of Endless so far (up to wave 9) I'm actually seeing slightly less overlap in Endless than in Gold. Not sure why that might be.

People have said that, if youre disc healing, your extra dps helps push mobs through waves
Reply Quote
92 Draenei Priest
Had several attempts on my druid today with the same issue.
Of my 8 attempts, only on 1 did the dps manage to get wave 10 down in time and that was with 1 second to spare for me to pop my klaxxi amber. And then at wave 20 I didn't get time to drink and managed to limp on to wave 28.

On subsequent attempts I decided to do my utmost to help the dps kill that final conqueror in wave 10, moonfire and wrath spam whenever the tank was out of danger and it was never enough. The conqueror was at roughly 15% every time wave 11 spawned. Overlap on other waves I can handle, but we need that drink.

Definite fix required. Why not simply make the timer for wave 10 stop at zero, and give us our 15 second grace period once the final add of wave 10 dies?
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Tried it again this morning. Having overlap with all waves, starting with Wave 2. (Wave 1 they barely kill in time). It is pretty bad at wave 8-9, since I had 3 casters still up when wave 9 spawned. Mana is not an issue; having so many mobs up, all over the place, is an issue. DPS for the npc's is lower than I would ever expect to see, even in a heroic dungeon.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I should have finished this on day 1 =(
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I should have finished this on day 1 =(

It's certainly harder now, but also certainly still doable. :)
Reply Quote
They are definitely still doable. I reached Wave 36 last night; my record before the hotfix had been wave 44. They are much harder now, though, so it requires a lot of great play and RNG luck as well.

Hopefully they fix NPC dps. I doubt it was ever intended for waves to carry on into each other. It is the healing proving grounds after all, not the DPS proving grounds.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
Yes, it is doable. You just have to dps most of the time and basically be perfect with stuns/interrupts.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm pretty much glad I got my title before they broke the NPC's DPS.

Denounce spam only does so much.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]