I'm a LFR raider.....

(Locked)

80 Undead Death Knight
And blizzard still takes my money and gives other members there content before they give me mine.

Equal release of content to ALL MEMBERS.
100 Tauren Druid

It is released equally. The difference is, you actually have to do something in order to access it. Nothing is stopping you other than yourself you realise?
100 Draenei Priest
LFR opens at same rate for everyone.
100 Goblin Priest
I can't get into LFR until everyone else can. Normal and Flex are open to everyone on the first day.
90 Orc Death Knight
Its 7 days I think... so idc one way or the other. We will all be sick of soo by the time 5.5 or 6.0 hits.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Oh sorry I didn't know LFR opened at the same rate for everyone my bad... Also, if you want equality why not make content from LFR as hard as heroic raids? Since, you know, it isn't fair for hardcore raiders to have to do a harder version of the end content! It isn't fair LFR raiders get to do easier content! I WANT EQUAL DIFFICULTY FOR ALL MEMBERS.

/sarcasm mod off

Do you understand my point?
90 Draenei Paladin
I am currently still an LFR raider. Though I did find a cool raid guild, I have not raided with them yet.

I am fine with staggered releases. If it is solely because of hardcore raiders lacking self control, then I am not okay with it, but i feel that is not the case. I am fine with it because this may be the last patch. I don't really want to blow through LFR and be bored. Hear me out here.

You will not get fully geared your first LFR run. But you will defeat Garrosh. You will redo it weekly, but it becomes a chore after that just for gear upgrades. So I am fine with only doing a few bosses for a couple weeks or so while I gear up. Then when the new content comes out, i will do that and it will be fresh to me. I don't care what everyone else is doing. If Blizz released the next expansions bosses on Tuesday and made it heroic only, i would not care. It doesn't effect me and I care not what others are wearing or what they have done.

It just makes sense IMO. Raids are designed to take time to complete. This is the only way LFR can take more than a day to full clear. In the words of my Pandaren brothers and sisters, "Slow down."
90 Goblin Rogue
And blizzard still takes my money and gives other members there content before they give me mine.

Tell that to the PVP community.
90 Blood Elf Priest

LFR content isn't progression content. The gradual release of zones simulates progression, so it amounts to the same thing.
26 Undead Priest
I don't mind gating, but 6 weeks? Gimme a break. They're more worried about normal/heroics farming LFR and "burning out" than the people who actually use LFR as intended. How about they just grow the LFR/Normal gear gap some more and release one week late, tops? Then the only reason a "real raider" would use it is to learn the mechanics of the fight, which to me is always better than watching youtube.
100 Tauren Druid
09/04/2013 12:20 PMPosted by Milsa
If it is solely because of hardcore raiders lacking self control, then I am not okay with it, but i feel that is not the case.

No it's not... the staggered LFR release is to give raiders a chance to see the end boss and cinematics in normal mode before the easy modes come out and give everyone access to it. It might sound elitist but it gives people a reason to do normal modes, to try and kill the bosses on normal before the faceroll comes out and devalues the experience of killing those bosses for the first time ever.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
LOL they scared that LFR heroes are going to down last boss before norm mode heroes. Discrimination imho...
Edited by Iniq on 9/4/2013 12:26 PM PDT
90 Troll Shaman
There are mechanics in lfr?
90 Blood Elf Priest
09/04/2013 12:13 PMPosted by Waraila

It is released equally. The difference is, you actually have to do something in order to access it. Nothing is stopping you other than yourself you realise?

This. Blizzard isn't gating you. You're gating yourself. You're entirely capable of killing Garrosh in the first week. Your failure to take the opportunity is just that: Your failure.
90 Draenei Paladin
09/04/2013 12:23 PMPosted by Waraila
No it's not... the staggered LFR release is to give raiders a chance to see the end boss and cinematics in normal mode before the easy modes come out and give everyone access to it.

I don't agree with that. Not what you are saying but the implication that it gives raiders the chance to see it on normal first. That isn't cool. And I find it stupid. If somehow I gear up and my guild decides to jump into normals with me along, then i'm going. I really wouldn't do LFR to be honest. Unless they really really wanted me to. But then, it would be just for gear. I would still run normals because to me, LFR is like fighting a shadow training sim of the boss. Think Xmen Holograph room with fake sentinels. What others do doesn't effect me. Let them beat Garrosh on easy mode and see cinematics. I don't care.

It might sound elitist but it gives people a reason to do normal modes, to try and kill the bosses on normal before the faceroll comes out and devalues the experience of killing those bosses for the first time ever.
I am sorry but I cannot even wrap my mind around this concept at all. The reason I want to do normals has nothing to do with LFr or even Flex. It does not devalue the kill for me at all. If I kill Heroic Garrosh while it is relevant, the fact that people have done it in LFR takes nothing away from the sheer awesomeness I will be feeling. I feel like it is the same as getting upset that someone beat a game on easy while I am duking it out in hardcore nightmare mode. I don't know about you but that is still fricken awesome to me and is no way devalued at all.

I think the biggest issue here is some people care more about what other people are doing than their own enjoyment. That or their enjoyment comes solely from doing something (anything) that most others have not yet. Be it seeing a raid or collecting all the pets in game.
93 Blood Elf Monk
You do realize you have access to SoO first week don't you? You just have to start your own or join a raid. Your money is as good as everyone elses' and entitles you to access the content released along with everyone else. No more, no less.
100 Tauren Druid
I think the biggest issue here is some people care more about what other people are doing than their own enjoyment. That or their enjoyment comes solely from doing something (anything) that most others have not yet. Be it seeing a raid or collecting all the pets in game.

It's also there to keep the integrity of normal modes. If people can just faceroll LFR on day 1, what anticipation is there? It leads to burnout.

LFR raiders only have to wait a week, heroic mode raiders also have to wait a week before we get access to HMs.

Nothing stops you doing normal modes, nothing stops anyone other than their own attitude towards the game.
Edited by Waraila on 9/4/2013 12:41 PM PDT
Community Manager
Upfront clarity: the unlock schedule for LFR in 5.4 is exactly the same as it was in 5.2.

In the vast majority of cases raiders are progressing through Normal, and especially Heroic, at a steady pace over weeks and months. A very small percentage of the very best world-first raiders, of course, will complete the raids much quicker than that, but in the vast majority of cases raiders don't step into Normal and down the last boss that same week, let alone the third or fourth boss. Most Normal raiders will get the first few bosses down in the first couple weeks, and the unlock schedule of LFR is very much intended to match the median progression of a Normal raid group.

LFR allows players of all playstyles, without guilds or fixed raiding schedules, to experience the content. But the point isn't to be able to do so faster than guild raiders, or for a guild raider to feel like the best way to experience the conclusion to the Mists of Pandaria story arc is to hop into an LFR queue rather than to play with their friends.

Flex does have an accelerated unlock timetable, and the first wing will be available on day-one of the patch. While Flex has a lot of... flexibility, it still requires coordination of a raid leader to create a competent group. Potentially to your benefit though Flex is cross-realm, and groups can be built of multiple guilds and friends regardless of the realm they play on. Considering the increased difficulty of Flex we're not sure how successful day-one Siege of Orgrimmar Flex PUGs will be (and it is progression raiding, not just slightly harder LFR), but we're excited to see people give it a shot. That's probably an option a lot of current LFR-only raiders will find enticing, and could lead them to a regular raiding group, new friends, maybe a new guild, and even higher difficulty levels.
100 Human Paladin
Upfront clarity: the unlock schedule for LFR in 5.4 is exactly the same as it was in 5.2.

In the vast majority of cases raiders are progressing through Normal, and especially Heroic, at a steady pace over weeks and months. A very small percentage of the very best world-first raiders, of course, will complete the raids much quicker than that, but in the vast majority of cases raiders don't step into Normal and down the last boss that same week, let alone the third or fourth boss. Most Normal raiders will get the first few bosses down in the first couple weeks, and the unlock schedule of LFR is very much intended to match the median progression of a Normal raid group.

LFR allows players of all playstyles, without guilds or fixed raiding schedules, to experience the content. But the point isn't to be able to do so faster than guild raiders, or for a guild raider to feel like the best way to experience the conclusion to the Mists of Pandaria story arc is to hop into an LFR queue rather than to play with their friends.

Flex does have an accelerated unlock timetable, and the first wing will be available on day-one of the patch. While Flex has a lot of... flexibility, it still requires coordination of a raid leader to create a competent group. Potentially to your benefit though Flex is cross-realm, and groups can be built of multiple guilds and friends regardless of the realm they play on. Considering the increased difficulty of Flex we're not sure how successful day-one Siege of Orgrimmar Flex PUGs will be (and it is progression raiding, not just slightly harder LFR), but we're excited to see people give it a shot. That's probably an option a lot of current LFR-only raiders will find enticing, and could lead them to a regular raiding group, new friends, maybe a new guild, and even higher difficulty levels.

And blizzard still takes my money and gives me reasonable answers to gripes that I air on the forums.

You monstrous tree monster!
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]