ilvl req for flex

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Anyone know what the min ilvl should be before starting flex SoO raid?
90 Orc Warrior
from what I heard it's probably like 510.
100 Undead Rogue
"Dang! I better get busy, not quite there yet."
/sad face
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Cool that is what I was told want to jump into it on the first week of launch to at least down the first boss
90 Human Paladin

There is no minimum iLevel requirement for flex, normal or heroic raiding. You do have to be with a pre-made group though.

(edit - source: see last sentence quoted below)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/10175200/

To fill this void, we’re in the process of developing a new Flexible Raid system, which includes a new difficulty that sits between Raid Finder and Normal difficulty, while still allowing friends, family, or pick-up groups to play together. This difficulty will be available for premade groups of 10–25 players, including any number in between. That means whether you have 11, 14, or 23 friends available for a Raid, they’ll all be able to participate.

The Flexible Raid system is designed so that the challenge level will scale depending on how many players you have in the Raid. So if you switch between 14 players one week and 22 the next, the difficulty will adjust automatically. Keep in mind that unlike Raid Finder, no matchmaking is available, so you’ll need to make sure you invite people to attend—but if some can’t make it, it’s not the end of the world (or the Raid). You’ll also still be able to invite Real ID or Battle.net friends cross-realm. Who you choose to bring and what Item Level gear they’ll need to join your merry band is up to you, too—there’s no Item Level requirement for this Raid difficulty.
Edited by Voronwë on 9/8/2013 5:55 AM PDT
100 Undead Rogue
09/08/2013 05:53 AMPosted by Voronwë

There is no minimum iLevel requirement for flex, normal or heroic raiding. You do have to be with a pre-made group though.

"How big a group?"
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I know there is no minimum as to say what I am asking is what should people be before they attempt it?
100 Goblin Priest
Last I heard you needed 10 minimum. But it's cross realm, so be sure to look at Openraid or oQueue.
100 Undead Rogue
09/08/2013 05:53 AMPosted by Voronwë
This difficulty will be available for premade groups of 10–25 players, including any number in between.

"Thank you."
100 Undead Rogue
I know there is no minimum as to say what I am asking is what should people be before they attempt it?

"As in, what ilvl is best, not what is required?"
90 Human Paladin
This difficulty will be available for premade groups of 10–25 players, including any number in between.

"Thank you."

she said, somewhat irritated by his editing of his earlier post, instead of replying in a new post. It seems somehow rude not to reply, but Cyndilou was getting used to rudeness on the WoW forums, and Voronwë seemed less rude than some.

09/08/2013 06:02 AMPosted by Cyndilou

"As in, what ilvl is best, not what is required?"

she asked, knowing that the right answer would always be "as high as possible" but hoping for some target to aim for. Her own iLevel of 471 seemed impossibly low, but with a target and a good attitude, she was sure she'd get there in no time. She was optimistic for the future, ignoring the nagging feeling at the back of her mind. It was probably another mouse in her undead skull.
Edited by Voronwë on 9/8/2013 6:13 AM PDT
90 Worgen Warlock
she asked, knowing that the right answer would always be "as high as possible" but hoping for some target to aim for. Her own iLevel of 471 seemed impossibly low, but with a target and a good attitude, she was sure she'd get there in no time. She was optimistic for the future, ignoring the nagging feeling at the back of her mind. It was probably another mouse in her undead skull.

I chuckled a bit reading this.
90 Blood Elf Priest

Really, we won't know until next week and as always, it'll probably depend on how much experience you have/how proficient at your class you are. 510 is what a lot of people asking for, so about a tier higher than lfr.
100 Human Priest
Same as the minimum ilvl requirement for normal and heroic.

Zero.
510 is the ilevel it was balanced around on test

that being said it was harder as hard at 510 as normals were at 520

So realistic

90 Gnome Warlock
09/08/2013 05:55 AMPosted by Cyndilou

"How big a group?"

10 peepz
90 Night Elf Druid
Go for 510-520 ilvl and find more people than 10.
100 Gnome Warlock

Depends, if it's a guild run you're fine now.

If it's a PUG you'll need to be at least 20 ilvls higher then the gear that drops in flex with a heroic Garrosh kill achievement.
minimum.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]