ilvl req for Flex

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Anyone know what the min ilvl requirement for flex for SoO?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Depends what the leader wants.
Reply Quote
Depends how long they have been waiting for a tank or healer
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
For pugs? 40% higher than what's necessary.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
For pugs? 40% higher than what's necessary.

40% seems a little low, maybe like 100%, with higher ilvl than the gear that drops in it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
For pugs, heroic ToT gear
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
The highest ilvl you can easily get in trade chat.

If you have random person A with ilvl of 510 and random person B with ilvl of 540 you're taking the person with ilvl of 540.

If you're wondering for forming your own group in week 1? I'd go with like 515-520.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage

If you have random person A with ilvl of 510 and random person B with ilvl of 540 you're taking the person with ilvl of 540.

If you're wondering for forming your own group in week 1? I'd go with like 515-520.

It's Flex though, you can take both. You don't have to fill a set roster, just as many as you can nab
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

It's Flex though, you can take both. You don't have to fill a set roster, just as many as you can nab

Its trade chat.
Its pugs
And its not LFR.
So its going to end badly.
(Unless you set high requirements to make it easier)
Edited by Treehugging on 9/8/2013 11:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
depends on your server's population/progression, though technically it's cross-realm doable

on a high pop/progression server like mal'ganis --> 600 required

on random dead zero heroic progression server --> 520 required
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
To answer your question, there is no requirement.
Thats not to say youll get into one with 463 gear, the Raid Leader will probably want a minimum of 500-520.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
The ilvl of last tier's normal raid gear is usually a reasonable place to start for current tier normal raid gear requirements, and with Flex Mode supposedly being about 6 ilvls lower than normal, that should be factored in as well. All that being said, I think having at least a 510 ilvl is a reasonable start for SoO Flex. You can take anything lower than that, but performance issues will start to become apparent too far down the ilvl ladder.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest

"LFM Flex SoO, need 540 ilvl gear. Link heroic achievement or no invite"
Reply Quote
67 Goblin Shaman

See, that is just garbage. So once again even Flex will be for top raiders only lol
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
09/08/2013 03:56 PMPosted by Footz

See, that is just garbage. So once again even Flex will be for top raiders only lol

Its cross realm for a reason.
And top raiders will more then likely run with their own guilds, and pug a few spots with high gear to prevent carry.
And then the pugs that dont want to fail will have requirements
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
09/08/2013 03:56 PMPosted by Footz

Why on earth would top raiders downgrade and run flex? Disenchant everything? Serious question here. It's a lower ilvl than 10 or 25 man raids so unless they're just going after enchanting mats you're not going to see top raiders in there.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Why on earth would top raiders downgrade and run flex? Disenchant everything? Serious question here. It's a lower ilvl than 10 or 25 man raids so unless they're just going after enchanting mats you're not going to see top raiders in there.

off-specs
alts
alts
alts.

and alts.

and playing with friends (that aren't hardcore progression raiders).
Edited by Cyous on 9/8/2013 4:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Atleast for the starting tier pov
Trinkets
Tier
They'd have to be full TF for nothing to be worthwhile, And then their the trinkets + setbonuses
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
09/08/2013 04:17 PMPosted by Cyous

off-specs
alts
alts
alts.

and alts.

and playing with friends (that aren't hardcore progression raiders).

off-specs: If they're hardcore their off-spec is going to be ToT heroic. Only a minor upgrade.

Alts: Not exactly sure a hardcore raiding guild would be doing flex for alts. If the alts have the gear for flex, they have the gear for reg.

Playing with friends: Only valid on I see here and it does not equate to flex being just for top raiders like the person I quoted said.

Atleast for the starting tier pov
Trinkets
Tier
They'd have to be full TF for nothing to be worthwhile, And then their the trinkets + setbonuses
Eh maybe when the world and server first races are going on. I can see that. But that by no mean places flex as being for top raiders only.
Edited by Blåckspiral on 9/8/2013 4:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Eh maybe when the world and server first races are going on. I can see that. But that by no mean places flex as being for top raiders only.

Yeah, pretty much agreed.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]