5.4 SoO

(Locked)

90 Tauren Druid
I haven't been able to keep up with 5.4 as much as I'd like, however we're putting the guild back together so I had 2 main questions. When building the optimal raid comp for 5.4 what IL and classes would be best for SoO 10man progression? I've noticed over the years some raids are more aoe healing heavy, etc. Any help is appreciated. :)
90 Dwarf Shaman
Prot Pally
Brewmaster Monk

Holy Pally
Resto Druid (Preferable to mistweaver for the extra battle res, unless the hunter is BM)
Priest (either spec, though Disc would play nicer)

Rogue
Warrior
Warlock
Hunter using a Wolf/Quilen
Elemental Shaman (I dont know which specs for the other classes would be optimal, and it could probably depend on what guildies are more comfortable with)

OTOH comp to have all buffs and minimize loot competition, though there will be fights that can swap a healer or tank for DPS. The elemental shaman can be interchanged for any hybrid caster for a resto shaman in the place of the corresponding healer, though ele has heaps of utility.
90 Human Paladin
hurr durr da best player hurr dur. Someone is going to say it, might as well be someone that knows its a joke.
90 Tauren Druid
Thanks Short, its a start for sure.
90 Draenei Shaman
I think just load your raid with tons of range dps and you are fine. From what I've heard it's gonna be very melee unfriendly.
90 Worgen Hunter
Prot Pally
Brewmaster Monk

Holy Pally
Resto Druid (Preferable to mistweaver for the extra battle res, unless the hunter is BM)
Priest (either spec, though Disc would play nicer)

Rogue
Warrior
Warlock
Hunter using a Wolf/Quilen
Elemental Shaman (I dont know which specs for the other classes would be optimal, and it could probably depend on what guildies are more comfortable with)

OTOH comp to have all buffs and minimize loot competition, though there will be fights that can swap a healer or tank for DPS. The elemental shaman can be interchanged for any hybrid caster for a resto shaman in the place of the corresponding healer, though ele has heaps of utility.

You're missing like 3 mages on your list.
90 Orc Hunter
I'd aim for at least 520 ilvl for starting out in normal SoO. Many comps will work, but I'll list ours:

Tanks:
Prot Warrior
BrM Monk

Heals:
Disc Priest
Resto Druid
Holy Paladin

DPS:
SV Hunter
Ele Sham
UH DK
Destro Lock
Fire Mage

Essentially in 10 man you want to keep gear competition to a minimum because not much of it drops. You also want to get as many buffs in as possible. Hunters help a lot with this because they can provide most, if not all, buffs.

It's also important to note that you really want to run light on melee. 1-2 is good, 3 or more is going to cause you a lot of unnecessary headache.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
None of that matters really. What really matters is the variety of classes. You want them all to be different classes. The dps should just be three rdps and two mdps. Tanks can be anything and healers need decent aoe heals. I'm biased saying this, but you need 1 pally in your raid due to their utility and support they provide (Hand spells, Lay on Hands, HoP etc.).
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]