New 90 destroyed my resto druid esteem

90 Troll Druid
So I'm running 5 man heroics, to get my points up, and I get this new tank...I go OOM healing them, and they're in 458 gear.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I'm working on my spirit, and I just reforged for mastery.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Though there is a lot that can be improved with your gear, it's pretty possibly it's not your fault at all. What kind of tank was it? What spells were you using?

I mean considering most people start healing as a fresh 90 in heroics at ilvl 440 or so, you're really over geared. But there are surprisingly a lot of tanks who don't use any mitigation at all.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Could have just been a bad tank like Jasmine said, but you are missing gems and enchants and are over the haste breakpoint :p But that wouldn't make a huge difference if the tank was a squish.
Edited by Veroicone on 9/9/2013 9:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Get more spirit.

Your stats are like a fresh 90 doing msv when it first dropped.

(no enchants, gems or anything)

Consider spirit. And also replacing the hit rating trinket you have.

09/09/2013 09:04 PMPosted by Veroicone
over the haste breakpoint

Barely. Infact unlikely he can (since he's not gemmed or enchanted anywhere) drop any without going under the Hbp...unless you know...he wanted to gem and enchant everything else properly
Edited by Tonydanza on 9/9/2013 9:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Get more spirit.

Your stats are like a fresh 90 doing msv when it first dropped.

(no enchants, gems or anything)

Consider spirit. And also replacing the hit rating trinket you have.

over the haste breakpoint

Barely. Infact unlikely he can (since he's not gemmed or enchanted anywhere) drop any without going under the Hbp...unless you know...he wanted to gem and enchant everything else properly

Mentioned it since he is gemming pure haste gems and those are the only gems he seems to have.
Edited by Veroicone on 9/9/2013 9:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
It was a DK tank, and their health was dropping in quarters. I had all my HoTs on them, but all I could do to keep them alive was spam regrowth and healing touch.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Sounds like a bad tank. He likely wasn't using any CDs, probably not death striking, probably didn't keep up bone shield and had crappy gear, likely ungemmed and enchanted. Blood DKs are the kings of 5mans, even undergeared they can do well if played correctly. Just sounds like you had a crappy tank.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Most likely a bad tank, if this is the first time you had mana issues. When that happens, make sure you are using Ironbark and Cenarion's Ward on them as much as possible, and certainly for spike damage attacks (Flamestrike in Scarlet Monastery is such a pain when I am gearing a new healer. *Shudder*).
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
A Blood DK in mop should never have any issues, i was once a fresh 90 tank, and as a fresh 90 tank the survivability is almost unbeatable
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
My memories of being a fresh 90 in a world of fresh 90s running our first heroics was lots of going OOM. Using Innervate during heroic bosses ... wow.

I just made sure I had lots of water on hand. At each pull, I'd run a bit ahead of the tank, then refresh LB and start chugging up my mana while the group ran onto the next pull, jumping up to follow after I got some mana back.

And a bad tank and/or bad DPS can make even a geared healer feel terrible.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Monk
A Blood DK in mop should never have any issues, i was once a fresh 90 tank, and as a fresh 90 tank the survivability is almost unbeatable

Yeah Blood was pretty strong in early MoP, my first 90 was a blood dk. I imagine if this guy was dropping like crazy he probably wasn't using his death strike at all, in which case he'd be a very bad tank!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I've done a few heroics on this alt with 435 item level and have heal Tanks that weren't dripping in epics and healed them just fine. What I find helps a lot if you keep 3xLifebloom and Rejuv going at all times, Wild Regrowth is party is getting damaged, weave in Regrowths on every Omen of Clarity and if that don't proc I will refresh Lifebloom a sec before expiring. I also am not bashful to using Innervate.

The thing I've learned over the years on my other Druid and this alt is not going all out trying to keep someone 100%, let the HoTs do their thing and you'd be surprised how they can bring a health bar from 50% to 100%. I'm betting they're level 90 alt Tanks who think they can chain pull or pull tons of packs and expect to stay up like a heroic ToT geared Tank would. When I run into someone like that I politely ask them in private to slow down.

I'm kind of shocked you mentioned Blood DK, they're by far the easiest to heal at low item levels at level 90. I've healed a few Blood DKs in 5 man heroics in my gear and it went super smooth, I'm better like someone else said they weren't using Death Strike, that's their AM wrapped in one button.
Edited by Stormclaw on 9/10/2013 9:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
09/09/2013 10:08 PMPosted by Pipikaula
Most likely a bad tank,

Or perhaps novice or undergeared tank + fresh 90 healer. This is going to make for a challenging (yet hopefully fun) dungeon run.
Reply Quote
92 Night Elf Druid
You have six empty blue sockets (not counting sockets of other colors). That's about 2k more spirit right there, and I didn't even look for enchants or belt buckle. Basically, your gear is not performing even close to ilvl because you're not reaching its full stats.

Even uncommon gems would be a heck of a lot better than no gems, and those are so cheap I usually just vendor the ones that aren't perfect.

Poor or nonexistent use of Death Strike (and other tanking abilities) is a possibility too. If they don't maintain their diseases they take another 10% extra damage (because it's how they apply the Weakened Blows debuff).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]