Ret pally dying so fast?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
I just don't understand. I got my full Tyranical. Thought that would help. But I die so fast in 2s Arena its not even funny.

By the time we start in combat I'm always nearly dead. Pop my bubble, and when it ends even with heals I just die. Usually stun stun stun by a monk or rogue and the warrior or any other class will just tear me down. I don't even have time to use my attacks without dying or worrying about dying. And help from other pally's?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
You're going to get opened on hard almost all the time, so you're going to need to get used to it. Use your defensive cooldowns, use cooldowns you'd normally use offensively as defensive tools.

Don't use execution sentence.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
You're going to get opened on hard almost all the time, so you're going to need to get used to it. Use your defensive cooldowns, use cooldowns you'd normally use offensively as defensive tools.

Don't use execution sentence.

pretty much this. We have decent burst and everyone knows when we are about to burst so ret pallys are big targets
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
A ret popping kings & wings can tear anything up. So once those wings pop, you are getting cc'd. Once your cool downs are done, you better have a good partner
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Did anyone notice his gems?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
The gems are not really his biggest issue, it's just one of many.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I know in the case of warriors and rogues you can Hand of Protection and it should remove the stun automatically. Saves you a trinket and puts stun son DR, but of course you can't use your Bubble for another minute.
Edited by Shinn on 9/5/2013 8:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
One tip I can give is kite kite kite!! Keep mobile, it will buy you the time to let your healer top you up or gather judgements/HP to selfless heal yourself. Rogues, Warriors, Monks, DKs, feral druids, need to be in melee range for their main damage so keep out of range and throw your hammers and lasers :) Los as well to heal up if your healer is in trouble or your with a partner that cant heal.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
More an L2play issue as i see.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Ret is squishy. You just have to hope you can either blow someone up and live thru the enemy's cool downs or... well yea that's basically it.

Try using hand of purity + divine protection sometimes that helps me live.
Just disregard the forum try hards that just respond with trolling (Like the one above me).
Edited by Angelista on 9/6/2013 1:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Okay my good man.

Get rid of repentance and use Fist of Justice.

Selfless Healer instead of Eternal Flame.

Use the world of glory 3% stack per holy power glyph, templar's verdict glyph, and rotate between turn evil, divine protection and double jeopardy.

Someone else can deal with your gems ~_~.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
Yeah, Hand of purity can add another defensive at the cost of Clemency...
and Purity is getting buffed again next patch. I know BoG is getting nerfed down next patch but you can always pick up the BoG talent, it helps you kite people around....at least until you learn how to kite...then you can pick up fist and rotate your seals as the situation requires... also....since you know your going to be the target, you can always start with seal of insight to help your survival then switch to truth when its your turn to burst....im no expert but, those things work for me.... and yeah kite ppl and run around a pillar and heal when in trouble...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I just don't understand. I got my full Tyranical. Thought that would help. But I die so fast in 2s Arena its not even funny.

By the time we start in combat I'm always nearly dead. Pop my bubble, and when it ends even with heals I just die. Usually stun stun stun by a monk or rogue and the warrior or any other class will just tear me down. I don't even have time to use my attacks without dying or worrying about dying. And help from other pally's?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2190891421

Start reading. If you read it already, read it again because you obviously weren't paying attention.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Besides everything that's been said, remember that you're playing 2s, which is pretty unbalanced compared to 3s. If your partner gets CC'd, you're on your own and that's when a Ret Pally is weakest.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Freedom, Judge, and pillar hump ftw~
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

I know the gems are not that great. but they are just for now.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Jesus some people are just mean on the forums lol. Instead of advice they just judge. They take there game way to seriously. I just wanted help, not being judged for a new player lol !@#$.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
The gems are not really his biggest issue, it's just one of many.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
09/06/2013 03:57 PMPosted by Layfawn

I know the gems are not that great. but they are just for now.

What I don't get is why you would use them if you know their not that great. The correct gems are around the same price.

The best advice I can give you is to get more comfortable with your class. Even though we are squishy you should not be dying THAT fast. Look up some videos of good rets PVPing.
Edited by Tiberious on 9/6/2013 7:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I think you need to l2play
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]