Why are my sellable pets bound to me now?

80 Blood Elf Mage
I had a red cricket that I would put on the AH and today when I logged in and tried to sell it; it gave me a message saying I couldn't sell it because it was soulbound. So like any other time you get a pet and want to cage it, I learned it only to find it can't be caged...

wtf
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I got a brawlers guild pass from a rare a few minutes ago and that's bound to me as well... I was hoping to sell it :(
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
I got a brawlers guild pass from a rare a few minutes ago and that's bound to me as well... I was hoping to sell it :(

That's normal.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Mage
Now I'm afraid to learn Landro's Lichling. My wife bought me the card so that I can use it or sell it on the AH. I think with the uncertainty of the pet situation and the sudden changing of how it used to work I'll just keep the card un-scratched.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
aus
Boe stuff sometimes becomes bound. I had a level 85 epic mace I was going to sell, couple weeks later i was at the AH, and its now bop...
Reply Quote
64 Tauren Death Knight
you can only sell the brawlers pass you get at rank 7 or something.

Rank doesn't give you the ability to "unbind" soulbound items.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
09/10/2013 09:21 PMPosted by Nobully

Brawler's Pass

http://www.wowhead.com/item=93195#comments
Edited by Omarapproves on 9/10/2013 9:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
64 Tauren Death Knight
09/10/2013 09:29 PMPosted by Omarapproves

Brawler's Pass

..and?
Those are the passes which are mailed on reaching certain ranks.
The item you linked isn't dropped by rares, nor was it ever BoP.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Warrior

Brawler's Pass

..and?

You mean this one?

Edited by Endera on 9/10/2013 9:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
64 Tauren Death Knight
[quote][quote]..and?

Me?

Nope.

People in this thread don't seem to realise that Brawler's Pass and Blood-Soaked Invitation are different items, with different functions, obtained from different sources.
Edited by Omrakos on 9/11/2013 5:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Warrior

You neglected to read the actual post you were replying to. You were tripping over yourself to be the first one to correct him, but no correction was needed.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
I had a red cricket that I would put on the AH and today when I logged in and tried to sell it; it gave me a message saying I couldn't sell it because it was soulbound. So like any other time you get a pet and want to cage it, I learned it only to find it can't be caged...

wtf

Ok, hmm. My extra Red Cricket is currently listed on my AH -- but I just noticed that it now says BOP (didn't notice that before). I wonder if I am going to be stuck with yet another learned Red Cricket when this one is returned if it doesn't sell.
Reply Quote
64 Tauren Death Knight
09/10/2013 10:10 PMPosted by Endera

You neglected to read the actual post you were replying to. You were tripping over yourself to be the first one to correct him, but no correction was needed.

What is it.. "gang up on the bunny day" or something?

Rank has no bearing on the ability to sell world drop invitations.
It can not be done, regardless of rank.
The poster at #2 used the name of the wrong item, which resulted in the response by the panda @ #4, whose comment implies that a rare magically dropped a Brawlers Pass.

..and I'm the one with comprehension issues.
Go figure.
(perhaps you should all be complaining about the panda.. who attempted to correct someone after the correct info had already been given?)

hmm?
hmm?
Reply Quote
64 Tauren Death Knight
..oh yeah.. the Red Cricket, I almost forgot.

This may or may not be intended, they are now indeed marked as BoP, and can't be caged.

Kyzera, if yours is still listed, try taking advantage of it.. spam trade stating that it's now BoP, and someone should buy it before no more can be listed for sale!
Reply Quote
80 Goblin Death Knight
There are a few pets that are tradeable as items but not after you learn them. Red Cricket is one like that. The two crafted kites work like that way too.

The AH has two sections for pets. Caged pets go under Battle Pets.

Items that can be learned as pets go under Misc./Companion Pets.
Reply Quote
64 Tauren Death Knight
09/10/2013 10:36 PMPosted by Zezzoz
There are a few pets that are tradeable as items but not after you learn them. Red Cricket is one like that.

So... how did the poster at #15 manage to list their 2nd cricket for auction (where it currently remains) if it was BoP prior to the patch?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
There are a few pets that are tradeable as items but not after you learn them. Red Cricket is one like that. The two crafted kites work like that way too.

Yes, we understand that. However, that is not the issue at hand. Prior to 5.4, you were able to sell the one that you received in the Chirping Package. Now you cannot do that as it shows as BOP.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]