Using mouseover macros

For healing, I normally go with clique and grid. I've had pretty good success using that set up, but I've been considering moving away from that and using mouseover macros exclusively. One thing I like about using clique and grid, is that I can have an offensive spell, like jab key bound to the R key, and still use the R key as "Soothing Mist" with clique. Having offensive and healing/ defensive spells key bound to the same keys keeps me from pressing less keys, and makes it easier for me to manage.

My question is; Is there a way to have mouseover macros so that I can do essentially the same thing? Is there a way to create a mouseover macro that would allow me to use Tiger Punch if I moused over an enemy or had one targeted, and use a healing spell if I moused over a friendly target?

Thanks in advance for your helpful responses!
Edited by Grevlee on 9/9/2013 8:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
If you don't get any bites here I imagine they can help you in UI and macros.
But I am pretty sure you can do it with a harm help macro. I am just not sure how.
I will ask around!
Reply Quote
Thanks for your response, I never even thought of putting this question in the "macros and UI" forum.... Doh!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
/cast [@mouseover, exists, noharm, nodead][@target, exists, noharm, nodead] Soothing Mist; [@target, exists, harm, nodead] Jab; [] Soothing Mist

Try something like that. If it does not work let me know.
You may have to correct the syntax of my crappy copy pasta. I am not a monk and I suck at making macros...I always farm 'em out to Evry or Choonster.
But I am the healer on call at the healing desk tonight.
I will keep asking around if there is a better way to do it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Explain (256 characters max)