535 Timeless Bad Stats?

90 Human Priest
Random enchantment items need to be fixed.

I used the Burden of Eternity to make the 496 ring token a 535 timeless ring. This would be an upgrade to a 530 ring, but I noticed that the secondary stats appear to be severely lacking.
For an easy comparison, I'll put it against a 530 socketless ring, Durumu's Captive Eyeball.

Amaranthine Signet of the Savant (535) vs Ring of Shamuru (530) respectively:
1471 to 1403 stamina
980 to 936 intellect
969 mastery to 678 spirit and 532 critical strike

Ignoring the 68 stamina, the 5 item levels allow me to gain 44 intellect to sacrifice 241 secondary stats.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
That's the way all of the nonraid gear is, by design. They want good itemization to be one of the benefits of raiding.

Silver lining: the other benefit of raiding is decent weapons, and your spells don't rely on weapon damage ranges.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
/shrug

Maybe they have different item budget rules when compared to gear freely gotten in the world and gear obtained from a raid/world boss. The 535 plate chest, for example, has 1 socket and 1 random enchantment.

The chest I have now from Oondasta comes up with 3 sockets and 2 secondary stats. I don't know how a higher level item can up and have...that much less on it? O.o
Reply Quote
11 Human Paladin
The idea is that my bad paladin can get a minimum ilevel piece to boost gear level so I can raid.

It's not gear that is intended to replace current raid gear.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Let's double-upgrade it for fun.

Amaranthine Signet of the Savant (543) vs Ring of Shamuru (530) respectively:
1584 to 1403 stamina
1056 to 936 intellect
1044 mastery to 678 spirit and 532 critical strike

This nets a 120 int boost for a 166 secondary loss. Costly, but might by barely worth it if you get a very lucky roll. I'm going to go with no spirit, no likey in this case.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
That's the way all of the nonraid gear is, by design. They want good itemization to be one of the benefits of raiding.

You made that up.

Stat Allocation is a feature of iLvL and Quality.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
09/10/2013 01:26 PMPosted by Mvura

You made that up.

What? No it isn't. Stat BUDGET is a feature of ilevel and quality. Stat allocation is usually pretty poor outside of raids and gets better as you move up in difficulty.
Edited by Erras on 9/10/2013 1:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
09/10/2013 01:26 PMPosted by Mvura

You made that up.

Every holiday item and nonraid epic in the game says I'm right. It's also the response the talking heads give when people grouse about the stat allocation on such items.

All 496 items have the same stat budget, for instance, but a raid reward will be better itemized for its intended recipient than an item you get outside of raiding of the same iLvL.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
another post on this...yay

H scen 516 gear itemization was not as good as raid 502 gear in a lot of cases. this gear is meant to catch up alts or catch a returning player up. by all means run all the lFRs through tot to get *better* gear.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
The random stat gear/timeless token items can become !@#$ty single 2nd stat items or decent 2 stat items like my current 535 boots.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
At least you don't get single stat items... I hate feeling so good about finding those rare upgrade items, only to end up with a 535 with a stat list i'd expect to find in vanilla wow.

Reforging it is an option, but yeah. :(
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Yes, but it's the BUDGET that is wrong, not the allocation... that's the point here. I've gotten one of these as well (a belt ... and it seems several people are having the same issue with belts doing this) and something is completely messed up with the stat budget.

For instance, let's say a standard item budget for the slot and ilvl is 1200 points. So you'd normally see stuff like:
+600 hit
+600 haste

or
+600 master
+600 crit

... you get the idea. Well these items with the same ilvl are getting a single stat like:
+900 mastery
... so the stat budget is WAY low for the ilvl. It's almost as if they reforged the second stat off to give you a boosted single stat but at a severe stat budget penalty.

When working towards gear like this, yes, you expect that you may not get something perfect for your spec. But you kinda at least expect to get something that has a higher secondary stat budget than a piece of gear 20 ilvls below it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Yes, but it's the BUDGET that is wrong, not the allocation... that's the point here. I've gotten one of these as well (a belt ... and it seems several people are having the same issue with belts doing this) and something is completely messed up with the stat budget.

For instance, let's say a standard item budget for the slot and ilvl is 1200 points. So you'd normally see stuff like:
+600 hit
+600 haste

or
+600 master
+600 crit

... you get the idea. Well these items with the same ilvl are getting a single stat like:
+900 mastery
... so the stat budget is WAY low for the ilvl. It's almost as if they reforged the second stat off to give you a boosted single stat but at a severe stat budget penalty.

When working towards gear like this, yes, you expect that you may not get something perfect for your spec. But you kinda at least expect to get something that has a higher secondary stat budget than a piece of gear 20 ilvls below it.
Random enchantment items have always worked this way. It's why something like Green Armour of Stamina has more stamina than regular armour, but not enough to make up for the loss of other stats (like of the Eagle, int/sta).

It prevents people from just going crazy with one stat being stacked blindly.

I'm not sure if the regular items are underbudget (they may be), but the single stat ones having less is working as intended.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
That's the way all of the nonraid gear is, by design. They want good itemization to be one of the benefits of raiding.Silver lining: the other benefit of raiding is decent weapons, and your spells don't rely on weapon damage ranges.

this just doesn't apply to non-raid gear, they had these junk random enchantment pieces in tot as well and the bottom line with them is you're pretty much getting screwed
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
I'm sure it's working as intended, it's just disappointing that the "random enchantment" basically has a 50% chance of making the item a reasonable 535 ilvl stopgap type item or a 50% chance of making it on par or worse than a 502 ilvl LFR piece stat wise. The single stat version basically lose 25% of their stat budget. In today's day and age of reforging I'm not even sure why these would even exist.

Anyhow, I've learned my lesson .... and I'm hoping this can serve as a word of caution to other players that didn't think about these type of things. You're probably better off using your time lost coins for Mogu Runes of Fate and running LFRs for 502 gear than wasting time trying to farm for what ends up being pretty good odds of getting sub-par 535 items.

+600 hit
+600 haste

or
+600 master
+600 crit

+900 mastery

Random enchantment items have always worked this way. It's why something like Green Armour of Stamina has more stamina than regular armour, but not enough to make up for the loss of other stats (like of the Eagle, int/sta).

It prevents people from just going crazy with one stat being stacked blindly.

I'm not sure if the regular items are underbudget (they may be), but the single stat ones having less is working as intended.
Reply Quote
86 Undead Mage
Yes, to your question.
The secondary stats are pretty bad imo.

I was disappointed when I ended up with not one but 2 535 pieces of gear that were noticeably worse than gear 30 item levels lower.

Intended or not, it is misleading to the player base.

Not sure why some people are defending the poor stats on the gear. The gear doesn't have set bonuses.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I have an idea, how about you all stop !@#$%ing about literally free gear that took no effort to get that is ENTIRELY meant as a stat buffer.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Random enchantment items need to be fixed.

lol
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Silver lining: the other benefit of raiding is decent weapons, and your spells don't rely on weapon damage ranges.

If you said this because the person you were talking to is a caster, you're wrong. Caster weapons have raw spellpower in addition to all the stats you'd find on gear. Like melee, a caster's weapon is the single greatest way to upgrade their effectiveness.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]