Smart heals making healers dumber?

90 Troll Shaman
09/08/2013 03:36 PMPosted by Tiriel
And, I never said that either. If you actually read instead of going into personal attack mode, you would see that the EXACT SAME PARAGRAPH you are throwing a hissy fit about says " They are more than made up for by the buffs to the raw healing of HST, HR, CH and HTT". It's OK though, carry on.

Throwing a hissy fit would be better defined by the post after post after post that you made previously complaining that HR did so much overhealing, only to be followed by post after post after post now complaining that HR is not overhealing.
No, it's not complaining about HR doing less overhealing; it's complaining about the impact that change has to things like Ascendance and Ancestral Guidance.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
It is still a nerf to our utility, and not being able to reliably stack the buff on people inside a Healing Rain makes AV even less significant.

You previously took someone to task, I'm thinking it may have been Ceddya, for making that point about AV. If I'm not mistaken you said it was no big deal, and it was akin to Fort.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
09/08/2013 03:55 PMPosted by Taymage
It is still a nerf to our utility, and not being able to reliably stack the buff on people inside a Healing Rain makes AV even less significant.

You previously took someone to task, I'm thinking it may have been Ceddya, for making that point about AV. If I'm not mistaken you said it was no big deal, and it was akin to Fort.

And I never said it was something that was very significant - which I just reiterated in the post you quoted (and conveniently snipped out of the quote). I think I was making the Fort comparison in response to people claiming AV is like an absorb shield. It's a buff, not an absorb shield, making it more like Fort than like say Divine Aegis.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
fair enough
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
hey, look on the bright side: in a way, shaman throughput has been moved away from healing rain
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
hey, look on the bright side: in a way, shaman throughput has been moved away from healing rain

Shaman are significantly buffed over where they are on live. We are probably 20-30% stronger overall. The big question will be how our stack healing performs. The 5.4 changes have really buffed spread healing more than stacked healing in a way, and the HR change just reinforces that. As long as you can get 6 people in a Healing Rain, there is very little difference between how we perform on a spread fight vs a stacked fight.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
No, because smart heals can't clutch heal a tank or dps about to die.

Last thing I would ever use when someone is about to eat it is a "smart" heal.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
09/10/2013 11:05 PMPosted by Vishtara

Why not? Wouldn't the person about to die normally be the one with the lowest %HP?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
09/11/2013 07:28 AMPosted by Calonderiel

Why not? Wouldn't the person about to die normally be the one with the lowest %HP?

not necessarily, see h horridon berserk right after a dire call
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
not necessarily, see h horridon berserk right after a dire call

good example, but you shouldn't be smart healing there, you should be spamming the tanks and letting passive healing get the raid back up. you have a whole minute ;)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]