Emperor Shaohao Rep Grind...

(Locked)

90 Pandaren Monk
So, after a decent day of running around killing rares, opening chests and just in general enjoying the Timless Isle, I'm at 12k coins...and about halfway to friendly with the Emperor. Man...I'll hit a million coins before I hit exalted for that mount...lol. I hope they come up with a way to get rep other than doing it 5-25 at a time.
90 Undead Mage
I'm kinda of the mind set that the team who designed the rep in MoP should be let go or moved to something else. From the very start the rep grind in MoP has been nothing but atrocious and now we have to kill countless mobs to slowly gain rep. The only plus side about this faction is that there's no gear locked behind it. But they really need to think of a new system cause the rep grind in MoP has one of the worst overall. And trust me, I've farmed furbogs for 12 hours straight, I know bad rep grind. lol
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I agree - as someone who usually is the first to be super excited for new factions, dailies, and grinding out rep by doing ridiculous things ... this is probably one of the most ridiculous of them all, and its sad but its just another cloud serpent - I know it looks awesome but its less motivating than if they had made a whole new model or something like that.
90 Human Warlock
I went and thought - I have the valor so I can buy coins...WTF ANOTHER rep grind???

Blizz please..enough already.

Sheesh....
Its an optional rep grind.

You don't HAVE to do it.

The gear does not require rep.
90 Human Warlock
If I want to buy coins with valor I have to grind rep.

Not what I would call a great idea.
90 Troll Priest
I love how people have fond memories of Vanilla WoW but then others complain about the rep grind.

Exalted in Vanilla was a lofty aspiration for almost any faction.

Just look at Hydroxian Warlords(?) or the original goblin factions. They literally took months or more to get exalted with.
91 Dwarf Hunter
But it's optional. All that rep gets you is toys. I intend to work on it while waiting for my queues to pop, because I want that mount.
Edited by Xialla on 9/10/2013 11:27 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Hunter
It seems that reputation grinding only bothers "completionists". Is that a real word? Just people that want to complete everything the game has to offer, which is almost impossible if you have a real life outside of WoW.
90 Human Warlock
But it's optional. All that rep gets you is toys. I intend to work on it while waiting for my queues to pop, because I want that mount.

It.

Buys

You.

1000 timeless coins.

Which are useful for more than toys. Why did Blizz gate the 500 valor purchase with a rep grind
91 Dwarf Hunter
Wait, can you use coins to buy valor? Because that's a waste. Or if you're using valor to buy coins that's a waste too. Both are easy to get on thier own. Or is there some doodad that takes both, because the only interesting things I saw for sale was mounts and pets.
90 Human Warlock
Wait, can you use coins to buy valor? Because that's a waste. Or if you're using valor to buy coins that's a waste too.

You use valor to buy coins. You know that already. Thats my decision to make, thank you.

Both are easy to get on thier own. Or is there some doodad that takes both, because the only interesting things I saw for sale was mounts and pets.

Again, what I am asking is why Blizz invented yet ANOTHER rep grind.
100 Undead Rogue
I love how people have fond memories of Vanilla WoW but then others complain about the rep grind.

vanilla server plzz!!11

lol, could you imagine? that server would be dead in 6 months.
90 Worgen Warrior
Again, what I am asking is why Blizz invented yet ANOTHER rep grind.

Quite honestly, they're not that bad. Especially when there are so many work arounds. If you want the coins now, work for them. Otherwise you'll get them when you get the appropriate rep. It makes sense mechanically and story-wise.
90 Draenei Paladin
This is what happens when people complain about dailies.
90 Human Warlock
Quite honestly, they're not that bad. Especially when there are so many work arounds. If you want the coins now, work for them.

As I already ground the valor I DID work for them. It's another double dip and one of the main reasons for so much frustration, gating gear or materials behind valor AND rep.

Otherwise you'll get them when you get the appropriate rep. It makes sense mechanically and story-wise.

Would have been better to leave out the rep grind. As it is, the general consensus is that people arent happy with this at all.
Edited by Mirisanelle on 9/11/2013 12:14 AM PDT
90 Worgen Warrior
There's stuff besides vanity dinks and more coins on the Shaohao Rep?
Edited by Jessebella on 9/11/2013 12:17 AM PDT
90 Draenei Paladin

A mount and pet.
90 Human Warlock

*takes deep breath*

I want to use my valor to buy coins, which are used for gear and other things as well. I cant do that because Blizz has gated the valor purchase of coins behnd yet another rep grind.

Why?

Why cant I just use my valor to buy timeless coins (and whether I want to use valor or not is not your concern) instead of finding this one way of getting coins gated behind yet another rtep grind to add to all the others I have done so far.

Bliozard DID NOT TELL us that there was yet another rep grind for this ONE method of buying coins. I am sick to death of rep grinds and do not understand why Blizzard has added this additional gating to what was supposed to be a free for all area.
Edited by Mirisanelle on 9/11/2013 12:28 AM PDT
90 Worgen Warrior
Oh that's surprising.

I didn't know they put mounts and pets on rep vendors.
Why?
I dunno.

And I don't care. It's just a friendly requirement.

it's the serpent that's really gonna piss me off.
Edited by Jessebella on 9/11/2013 12:21 AM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]