Emperor Shaohao Rep Grind...

(Locked)

100 Orc Death Knight
I agree - as someone who usually is the first to be super excited for new factions, dailies, and grinding out rep by doing ridiculous things ... this is probably one of the most ridiculous of them all, and its sad but its just another cloud serpent - I know it looks awesome but its less motivating than if they had made a whole new model or something like that.

I think you're all missing the point. This guy said it right here. The only reason to do it is to ride that cloud serpent... You are not forced to do it in any way shape or form. It is only to show off that you did it by riding that cloud serpent. Think of it as another version of Hero of Shattrath or Insane in the Membrane but to a much lesser extent. Its simply a way to show off that you did it.
100 Draenei Mage
The casual crowd has spoken. remove rep from the game! open up everything at the start of the expansion/patch and don't reset valor ever! raise the cap to 10k and give me an option to buy a max level toon in greens so i don't have to Do the stupid questing grind and rep grinds and currency grinds.I want to play the game Not drag out my time and loose out on Current content.

/sarcasm off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M

You COMPLETELY missed what most of us want. We want daily quests so killing them feels less monotonous (yes who ever thought we'd WANT dailies to make something LESS
monotonous), and we want the mob to not be so strong they 1 shot anyone not wearing plate and be a little more solo friendly.

There is a reason you don't see anyone asking for the way to get the 4 goblin reps changed, because it is simple and easily soloable, and people are fine with it being tedious. That is all we want.

Unlike you not all of us wear plate and have an somewhat effective self heal.
100 Draenei Mage
09/12/2013 01:06 PMPosted by Dewsh
I agree - as someone who usually is the first to be super excited for new factions, dailies, and grinding out rep by doing ridiculous things ... this is probably one of the most ridiculous of them all, and its sad but its just another cloud serpent - I know it looks awesome but its less motivating than if they had made a whole new model or something like that.

I think you're all missing the point. This guy said it right here. The only reason to do it is to ride that cloud serpent... You are not forced to do it in any way shape or form. It is only to show off that you did it by riding that cloud serpent. Think of it as another version of Hero of Shattrath or Insane in the Membrane but to a much lesser extent. Its simply a way to show off that you did it.

Agreed it is nothing more then something we CHOOSE to do. But I can't even choose to do it because everything is too strong for a cloth wearer in LFR gear.

They basicly made a rep faction rep grind (and if you can see I love faction rep grinds. The only rep I don't have exalted that isn't a vanilla rep is the firelands rep) that I have to wait several month before I can effectively do once I'm all geared up in SoO LFR gear.
100 Blood Elf Priest
Bliozard DID NOT TELL us that there was yet another rep grind for this ONE method of buying coins. I am sick to death of rep grinds and do not understand why Blizzard has added this additional gating to what was supposed to be a free for all area.

Funniest rant I've heard all week/month.

People used to freak out on these forum for rep farming to get recipe or gear but this amount of emotional distress for pets? I want them too but I'll get them when I get them.

Rep-gate time again.
92 Blood Elf Paladin
Problem with the rep grinding now is that the servers are so overloaded that you cant even find enough mobs to kill. 15-25 players decend on anything as soon as it respawns.
You are lucky if you get 100 rep per hour. 95% of the time you are just running around hoping to be the first to hit anything that respawns before anyone else does.

I wouldn't mind the grind but blizzard needs to bring its respawn rate up for that area on increase the rep rewards per kill (temporary)
100 Worgen Mage
Optional content giving optional rewards that is suposed to last for months.

Just because it's optional does not mean it should be a complete PITA experience.

Doesn't me it should be handed to you on a silver platter either. Its an MMO, time investments are a thing in those and many of us would get bored of the game quickly if we couldn't work towards long term goals.

Not being a PITA =/= handing it to you on a silver platter. It can be grindy, I have no problem with grindy, I've done all the other MoP reps.

But it's the feel of the grind. Like the Black Prince rep, you do it the whole expansion and it really rarely felt like a grind because you did it the whole time you were doing everything else and you had -options- for it, you could grind up mobs in the vale, mobs in the wastes, 5.1 mobs in Krasarang, and finally the Isle.

The problem with the Shaohao grind is twofold. 1) it's from a limited number of mobs and if you're not in a group you're competing with groups for the tags. Not to mention the tuning on any mob above 90 really encourages you to have a group. 2) The rep earned from the individual mobs is just low, even with bonuses from racials and/or guilds, it's low.

It's the fact that we have -both- that is the real problem, having one or the other isn't that bad. The rep can be low if there's more sources for it. 5 rep a mob? Ok, if every mob on the isle gives it then you can just go about and farm what you like to earn it. Or if the Yaungol give like 20 rep for the normal 90s and like 35 for elites then it feels like we can make ok progress. But both of those together is just -bad- in regards to the feel and perception of it

Edit: Oh, and one other thing. I have absolutely no desire to do this on an alt. Like, none whatsoever. And I have a 90 alt on the island ready to do it but it feels like such a tall mountain to climb it is not worth it more than once and all I really -want- on him is to be able to trade in valor for coins, everything else I'm fine with just leaving to my main, but even that just seems like a task too far because even having the convenience of the valor dump doesn't really help me in any particular way, 7,000 coins is just 7 evermaw/Vesuvius kills really. If the pouch were at friendly yeah I wouldn't mind grinding it out, at least then I can just do it in nearly 2 weeks just doing the daily. As it is, screw it, my alts will just have to do without
Edited by Tredain on 9/12/2013 11:05 PM PDT
100 Human Mage
Blizz makes these rep grinds to keep ppl playing and working toward something. if they made it easy enough to buy 1000 coins with 500 vp everyone would have that mount or w/e theyre going for from that faction. Ppl seem to just want the harder to acquire items/mounts for nothing. But then again this faction is not required it is optional so do it or dont, just dont complain about it cause it could just not even be there.
100 Worgen Mage
Blizz makes these rep grinds to keep ppl playing and working toward something. if they made it easy enough to buy 1000 coins with 500 vp everyone would have that mount or w/e theyre going for from that faction. Ppl seem to just want the harder to acquire items/mounts for nothing. But then again this faction is not required it is optional so do it or dont, just dont complain about it cause it could just not even be there.

You realize that's wrong, right? The mount requires Exalted. Getting earlier access to the coin pouch doesn't affect that at all.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I honestly think it's purely just because they want the mount to be challenging and time consuming to get, those who don't have the patience just don't get it, as simple as that.

It's no different than Alani in terms of having to sit down and do some work to get it. If you really wanted the mount, you'd happily do the grind :)

I plan to have mine by the end of the week.
90 Human Death Knight
Everyone complaining about the rep grind has to realize that WoW used to be like that.. when it was actually good.
100 Night Elf Hunter
09/12/2013 03:12 PMPosted by Arkain
I'm kinda of the mind set that the team who designed the rep in MoP should be let go or moved to something else. From the very start the rep grind in MoP has been nothing but atrocious and now we have to kill countless mobs to slowly gain rep. The only plus side about this faction is that there's no gear locked behind it. But they really need to think of a new system cause the rep grind in MoP has one of the worst overall. And trust me, I've farmed furbogs for 12 hours straight, I know bad rep grind. lol

I wonder this myself. How does a design team cause the loss of millions of customers and continue to be allowed to make the same design mistakes?

It boggles the mind.

Funny how you think this is the reason WoW has lost 5 million players. There are tons of reasons.

• Cataclsym land was not a continent.
  • Beginning of 5.0, too many dailies, you were punished if you missed one day
  • Broken Professions that are nearly pointless
  • Vanilla models are STILL being used
  • Population spread thin. Virtual realms needs to get here fast
  • Broken PVP system. Raid gear now trumps in PVP
  • This is just to name a few things off the top of my head. I personally love the timeless isle and think it has been set up almost perfectly. I would like it to be a little bit bigger, but oh well.
    90 Goblin Priest
    I find it interesting that many people chastising raiders for whining about LFR being required, with the arguement that it's optional... Are now upset about something that's also totally optional.
    90 Troll Druid
    I'm sorry but anyone complaining about this rep, honestly should just quit the game because people like you take any and all achievement, challenge, and obstacles away from the game with the pathetic crying.

If one is pro-active in making a GROUP and farming this rep, or even solo with a standard or any of the multiple ways you can buff rep gains....it is a 15-20 hour grind MAX to exalted.

If this is too much for you....like I said please quit and stay away from the forums. Anything less than that amount of time would simply be an insult to the game and the process.

And yeah while out of hand and maybe not relevant now...many reps in vanilla were 100+ hrs of involvement and not even achievable for MONTHS.

Too many babies crying for freebies....disgusting...
    100 Undead Hunter
    7k from exalted man up
    100 Troll Hunter
    Pretty sure this is meant to be a time-sink to keep people busy till the next expansion. People will get bored fast if they get exalted fast
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]