Coalesced realm?

(Locked)

100 Orc Shaman
I just saw a person that in their tooltip it said coalesced realm, feathermoon. Are they starting virtual serv merges?
76 Blood Elf Rogue
They haven't announced it yet, and most likely it won't happen immediately. They are gonna wait til things die down and stabilize before they start doing the combined realm stuff.
100 Orc Shaman
Can you tell me what that means then? Just curious.
76 Blood Elf Rogue
Looks like standard Cross Realm to me.
http://wowpedia.org/Cross-realm_zones
MVP - Customer Support
100 Tauren Druid
Yes. "Coalesced" is the term for someone who's in a CRZ with your realm. You'll see it in the tooltips. It should also display what you can do with that person ("Group, Whisper"). Presumably there will be a different tooltip for someone in a Connected Realm.

Connected Realms are "part of" 5.4 (as in, all of the necessary code should be in the client), but they aren't "turned on" yet.
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." -- The Fourth Doctor (in "Robot")
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I just saw this myself and we are a non-CRZ server one of the only two VeCo being the other.. I nearly fell over when I saw this in the tooltip. I would really like to know the answer to this and the realm was NOT a RP-PvP server if this is the case and a non RP server is getting merged with us.... this will cause problems...
76 Blood Elf Rogue
I just saw this myself and we are a non-CRZ server one of the only two VeCo being the other.. I nearly fell over when I saw this in the tooltip. I would really like to know the answer to this and the realm was NOT a RP-PvP server if this is the case and a non RP server is getting merged with us.... this will cause problems...

Um, maybe someone invited him to a group. When that happens, the player is sent over to the inviter's server.
Yes. "Coalesced" is the term for someone who's in a CRZ with your realm. You'll see it in the tooltips. It should also display what you can do with that person ("Group, Whisper"). Presumably there will be a different tooltip for someone in a Connected Realm.

Connected Realms are "part of" 5.4 (as in, all of the necessary code should be in the client), but they aren't "turned on" yet.
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." -- The Fourth Doctor (in "Robot")

/rant on
So are you telling me they are bloody well putting regular PvP realms in with RP-PvP servers? Who'se brilliant brainstorm was this?
/rant off
MVP - Customer Support
100 Tauren Druid
09/10/2013 02:49 PMPosted by Stasiya

I can't speak to the exact reasons why, but it may be that population concerns are going to outweigh RP ones. That would be something better asked in General Discussion - although you may also wish to wait for more details on Connected Realms.
"In the name of Elune, I will punish you!"
76 Blood Elf Rogue

/rant on
So are you telling me they are bloody well putting regular PvP realms in with RP-PvP servers? Who'se brilliant brainstorm was this?
/rant off

They haven't done anything yet, I don't know why you are getting mad? From what I have read, combined realms will start off for the low pop servers and only be paired with the same type of server.
09/10/2013 02:52 PMPosted by Kusobera

Um, maybe someone invited him to a group. When that happens, the player is sent over to the inviter's server.

No we've seen that before with people coming to our server to take our rare's and stuff this was something different in the tooltip as in I could see things in MRP... unlike I normally do with someone just invited like that.
MVP - Customer Support
100 Tauren Druid
The tooltip is brand new with the 5.4 patch.
"Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us into something better. And on my soul, I swear that until my dream of a world where dignity, honor, and justice are the reality we all share, I'll never stop fighting. Ever." -- Superman (Superman vs. The Elite)
Support Forum Agent

Indeed. It looks like they decided to update the tooltip to be a bit more descriptive. :)

Sorry for the confusion. Coalesced should just be the standard CRZ. Either a low/mid level area that is a Cross-Realm Zone or someone who was invited through RealID/BattleTag.

~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~

How's my driving? Click me.
Edited by Vrakthris on 9/10/2013 3:21 PM PDT
100 Orc Shaman
09/10/2013 03:03 PMPosted by Vrakthris

Indeed. It looks like they decided to update the tooltip to be a bit more descriptive. :)

Sorry for the confusion. Coalesced should just the standard CRZ. Either a low/mid level area that is a Cross-Realm Zone or someone who was invited through RealID/BattleTag.

How's my driving? [url="https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Vrakthris"]Click me[/url].

Thank you!
Thank you very much. Yes I just created a char on said realm and verified they are not crz'ed with us as of yet and it would really make no sense to mix the different types in with one another.. I can't even begin to imagine the RP griefing that would take place if it did occur.
Support Forum Agent
Coalesced is CRZ, yes.

Connected is different, between two specific realms, and not yet live.

The mention of low/mid level was referring to the fact some areas don't CRZ at this time - like most of Pandaria and capitol cities.

Got Feedback? Click me.
Support Forum Agent
Anytime someone isn't on 'their' home realm, to my knowledge and understanding - it should also show their realm name. I'm not certain if any other changes were made to this with the last patch, it's possible.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]