Proving Grounds: Tank

90 Dwarf Warrior
So I've been trying the Proving Grounds: Tank challenges and I've been wondering; why are we babysitting the worst healer/DPS you could get besides a troll or an AFK?

Stands in the fire. Won't move out of the way of things. Can't focus on the right targets. Refuses to heal herself.

I mean come on - at least move out of the damn lava woman!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
You have to aggro the yangol that's spitting fire all over the place. If you let him get out of control, he'll make you fail.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
I had no problems with the healer lady. I did have problems with the very last wave of gold. No idea why but it makes me sad.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I mean come on - at least move out of the damn lava woman!

She's living in a lava woman?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
You have to aggro the yangol that's spitting fire all over the place. If you let him get out of control, he'll make you fail.

You can aggro him, but he won't stop casting that fireball spell he lets out right as he spawns ( I don't think he can even be stunned out of it) so if one or more of the fireballs lands near her it basically is GG because she sucks at healing herself and won't move.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
09/10/2013 05:58 PMPosted by Baluin

You can aggro him, but he won't stop casting that fireball spell he lets out right as he spawns ( I don't think he can even be stunned out of it) so if one or more of the fireballs lands near her it basically is GG because she sucks at healing herself and won't move.
You're supposed to interrupt him. He can be stunned, my best luck was using charge as soon as he spawns.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
09/10/2013 06:06 PMPosted by Organika

You're supposed to interrupt him. He can be stunned, my best luck was using charge as soon as he spawns.

If it can be stunned thats good.

But she still could at least move a couple of feet left or right.

Or cast that 70,000 heal on herself every couple of waves.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I'm doing the healer PG and the Mage has now twice run into melee range and gotten wiped the hell out by the mobs.

Then the first time I got to 10/10 in Gold...four of those AoE lizards popped up and cast their Sonic Boom. Pretty much wiped my group right out.

RNG heavy stuff here. Very annoying.

Also annoying: these mobs are Humanoid and I can't CC any of them.
Edited by Derkrag on 9/10/2013 6:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
I'm doing the healer PG and the Mage has now twice run into melee range and gotten wiped the hell out by the mobs.

Then the first time I got to 10/10 in Gold...four of those AoE lizards popped up and cast their Sonic Boom. Pretty much wiped my group right out.

RNG heavy stuff here. Very annoying.

Also annoying: these mobs are Humanoid and I can't CC any of them.

I feel like the Proving Grounds are a bit misleading. They say they're designed to reflect dungeon/scenario encounters and mechanics, yet there are clearly some raid mechanics in there and they're mechanics that not every class that can go that spec might be equipped to handle.

In dungeons and scenarios composition doesn't matter much beyond 1 Tank/1 Healer/X DPS but in a raid you'd very rarely want or need to stack up on one class/spec style so you'd have your bases covered. Sure, you could bring 6 Holy Priests and awesome AoE healing, but your Single Target, HoT and Absorption is going to suck !@# and cost you on several fights.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]