Thanks Blizzard, mogu runes of fate

90 Blood Elf Mage
Thank you Blizzard for completly making it a HUGE time sink to gear up in ToT now. Why in the blue hell would you make the price for a single rune 2500 coins? Before anyone says the coins are very easy to get, that is not the point here. Getting 2500 coins for 1 rune is really too long. I would rather spend 50 lesser charms to get 3 like it was before, time invested vs rewards then was at least higher.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Did they treat ToT like the other instances and up the loot rate to 30%, making coins superfluous? >>
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Did they treat ToT like the other instances and up the loot rate to 30%, making coins superfluous? >>

Sometimes that's not enough. I ran LFR since it first released in MoP and want to know when I got my first epic weapon?

Suen-Wo from Consorts via coin. About three or four weeks ago. The rest of that time? Rocking the blue dagger from Heroic Mogushan Palace.

The coins carry the bad luck protection, the normal drops don't. We need coins.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
If they have upped it to 30% then it isn't as bad, but I haven't seen any numbers on the matter.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
09/11/2013 10:17 AMPosted by Madican

Sometimes that's not enough. I ran LFR since it first released in MoP and want to know when I got my first epic weapon?

Suen-Wo from Consorts via coin. About three or four weeks ago. The rest of that time? Rocking the blue dagger from Heroic Mogushan Palace.

The coins carry the bad luck protection, the normal drops don't. We need coins.

God, completly agree with you. I remember one night I ran first boss of vaults 11 times to finally get 1 dagger for my rogue. Oh, and that goes without counting all those other weeks before that I ran the raid normally.
Reply Quote
You can get a full set of 496 epics in just a couple hours on the Timeless Isle. My mind is blown that people are already complaining about "loot issues."
Reply Quote
Community Manager
The basic items that drop from everywhere on the Timeless Isle are 496. Quite a few people have reported filling every slot on an alt in the first day with these 496 items, and that's also the ilvl requirement for Siege of Orgrimmar LFR. So even with no other gear from other sources or upgrades, you will be able to jump straight into Siege of Orgrimmar just by playing around, exploring, and killing stuff on the Timeless Isle for a while, which really makes Mogu Runes of Fate quite unnecessary if you're just looking to progress through the new content.

When Mogu Runes of Fate were introduced, Elder Charms of Good Fortune were changed to drop on the Isle of Thunder. They drop randomly and you may get 20 in one day or 0. This time we're taking some of the randomness out of it and simply allowing you to be on the island and constantly be picking up Timeless Coins and working toward purchasing Mogu Runes of Fate.

But as I said if you've seen all you want of ToT and are just looking to progress, just getting those gear tokens off the island are probably a better bet.
Reply Quote
The basic items that drop from everywhere on the Timeless Isle are 496. Quite a few people have reported filling every slot on an alt in the first day with these 496 items, and that's also the ilvl requirement for Siege of Orgrimmar LFR. So even with no other gear from other sources or upgrades, you will be able to jump straight into Siege of Orgrimmar just by playing around, exploring, and killing stuff on the Timeless Isle for a while, which really makes Mogu Runes of Fate quite unnecessary if you're just looking to progress through the new content.

When Mogu Runes of Fate were introduced, Elder Charms of Good Fortune were changed to drop on the Isle of Thunder. They drop randomly and you may get 20 in one day or 0. This time we're taking some of the randomness out of it and simply allowing you to be on the island and constantly be picking up Timeless Coins and working toward purchasing Mogu Runes of Fate.

But as I said if you've seen all you want of ToT and are just looking to progress, just getting those gear tokens off the island are probably a better bet.

2500 timeless coins is horribly bad

REALLY

you are much much much better off spending timeless coins on a burden.

250-500 would be a much more reasonable number, 2500 for a bag of 10

2500 coins is 45-60 minutes of grinding, and im sorry 1 mogu rune should not cost half as much as upgrading your legendary cloak.
Edited by Sarosha on 9/11/2013 10:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
100 Human Warrior
To be fair, the treasure scenario is a GUARANTEED 15+ elder coins so there was no randomness to it (in fact if i leave there not capped at 20 when i start with 0, I had screwed up something, which is why i generously say 15). If you do the scenario correctly you always walk away with tons of coins. The comparison to timeless isle is that coins are too expensive by comparison. 15+ coins for 5 minutes of my time once a week, or 15 coins for like 10 hours of my time on timeless isle.

The cost of mogu runes needs to be significantly lowered. Not because 2500 coins is hard (that's basically one killl of evermaw/ship combo). But because of time investment being too large for it. The coins also aren't just for ToT. They are for nalak and oondasta which are 522 ilvl plus increased chances at mount.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
2500 timeless coins is horribly bad
Agreed

The issue Bash, is that people that are trying to gear alts are going to want to do Normal ToT with pugs or guild/alt runs. To get into most ToT pugs, people are looking for 500+ ilvl, even with the 20% nerf
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
Well considering that you can unlock all SPA gear bar shoulders at friendly (one LFR wing) and get an almost full set of 496 gear from Timeless (plus a few 535's if you know how and are lucky), LFR ToT is pretty much redundant outside that one run to get your rep from neutral to friendly.
Reply Quote
better yet

Just make rares or daily chest a Mogu rune drop

no random and easy to get.
Reply Quote
09/11/2013 10:51 AMPosted by Gunny
2500 coins is 45-60 minutes of grinding, and im sorry 1 mogu rune should not cost half as much as upgrading your legendary cloak.

Then what will people grind? How will they justify time in game? Jumping around the AH in Org?

You need something to do outside of raids, eh? I guess this is part of the grind they intended.

I can't wait to see how people feel about Timeless Isle 6 months from now when there's been no new content introduced.

They will ignore TOT and just run SoO lfr and burn out much faster

bad design is bad
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Eh, if we're looking to progress through the new content on an alt or something, siege LFR will open too slowly and the drop rates will be too bad to gear up quickly. There are plenty of pugs for ToT on OpenRaid, and since ToT was nerfed by 20% jumping into normal mode ToT and clearing it will be the best bet for gear if you have an alt you need to gear quickly.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
They will ignore TOT and just run SoO lfr and burn out much faster

bad design is bad
I agree here. I am actually having fun doing all the LFR raids. Sadly, even at this level i would be hard pressed to find a pug willing to take me even into the first tier. So all I have is to gear up for siege, try to gain as high a level as possible and run normal SoO.

Can you imagine how bored I will get after a month? Catchup mechanics are good, but there is no reason to make ToT obsolete. I really think you should need 502 Item level to do LFR SoO. With VP gear and LFR drops that is easy. And with Timeless Isle gear you can jump into ToT rather quick.

Disclaimer: Yeah I know my gems/enchants/ are an issue. I did gem up all my gear but as you can see, i am replacing them quick. Not wasting the money till at least i finish this weeks lockout.
Edited by Milsa on 9/11/2013 11:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman

Not for nothing Bashiok, but I just powerleveled two characters to Exalted Black Prince rep on the Isle of Thunder and I never saw ONE Elder Charm drop.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
To reiterate what the Blues have posted:

Don't do ToT lfr anymore, there is almost no reason.

Go to Timeless Isle and within a few hours you will gear an alt well above 480 (I spent maybe 4 hours there today and picked up well over 20 pieces of gear, one alt got 7 pieces today).

The whole idea is to streamline gearing up for SoO lfr. You're no longer forced to do it in such a linear fashion (Dungeons (maybe some crafted 476's to help get into LFR)> MSV > Hof/Toes > ToT).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]