Thanks Blizzard, mogu runes of fate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
09/11/2013 10:36 AMPosted by Bashiok
The basic items that drop from everywhere on the Timeless Isle are 496.

They're also randomized and only offer 1 secondary stat, making them a substantial downgrade from 489 JP gear. The only reason you'd even want them is to meet arbitrary ilvl requirements.

09/11/2013 11:01 AMPosted by Machineman
As Bashiok said, it is wholly unnecessary to even go into ToT for progression.

The gear in ToT is still better than what you'll pick up on the Timeless Isle, especially with regards to things like trinkets and various class' tier sets. People who only look at ilvl are demonstrating their fundamental lack of knowledge with regard to how gearing actually works in WoW.

The whole idea is to streamline gearing up for SoO lfr. You're no longer forced to do it in such a linear fashion (Dungeons (maybe some crafted 476's to help get into LFR)> MSV > Hof/Toes > ToT).

And it would have been possible for them to do that if the 496's that dropped on the Timeless Isle were equivalent to HoF or ToES gear, but they aren't. They're substantially lower in terms of output vs lower level gear because their offered itemisation is awful.
Reply Quote
70 Orc Hunter
That's a lot of farming considering the cost of weapons. Please, tell me how that wasn't a lot of time.

Took me only 5 hours to get my Rogue from 470 item level to 498.

09/11/2013 12:37 PMPosted by Bomdanil
They're also randomized and only offer 1 secondary stat,

Not true, I have multiple times rolled a haste and crit, or crit and mastery on my Rogue.
Edited by Huntardz on 9/11/2013 12:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Free gear without having to raid old things to be able to catch up for new things: lets complain about it being too hard.

WTF
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
It takes like 20 minutes to get 2500 coins. Cry me a river.

Not to mention, bashiok has a point, mogu runes aren't even worth it now unless you are in normal ToT or better.

20 mins times 10-20 Mogu coins = ?

10 mins - Key to Lei shen's palace and a 5 min run to get somewhere between 10-20 Elder Charms.

The question is simple. Why make elder charms so easy, make mogu so time consuming and then say Mogu coins are worthless. If they are worthless, why not makes them 250 ? Or just remove them altogether ?

I don't need either, but the message is confusing. Just as confusing as when I did my legendary quest of telling my story and it showed me with a Horde Flag on my back and confusing like why the bank robot is missing in the engineering section at the Alliance shrine, but the Goblin bank guys are not missing at the Horde Shrine ?

The answer ? Blizzard favors Horde! HL3 confirmed!
Edited by Daleus on 9/11/2013 12:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I don't give a crap about gearing my alts.

What I care about is using a token on Nalak on my alts each week for a extra chance at a mount.

Having to do that isle on 4 different toons to get 2500 coins just for a single token is ludicrous.

This exactly. Not just for mounts from nalak/oondasta or normal horridon/jikun, but also the pets available there.
And also the transmog gear. I was intending to run tot lfr over the next few months to pick up all the potential transmog gear in case it ends up being the same as DS lfr, only available to those at the correct level.
I assumed the mogu runes were going to be as easy to obtain as the greater charms; as was mentioned earlier, running one treasure scenario (properly) will yield, with the worst luck for chest spawns, at least 15 charms. 2500 coins for 1 mogu rune is ridiculous, 200-250 per rune is much more realistic.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
SINCE WHEN ARE MOGU RUNES OF FATE REQUIRED TO GEAR UP?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Free gear without having to raid old things to be able to catch up for new things: lets complain about it being too hard.

They're complaining about the reward not matching the level of effort required. 1 mogu rune of fate per 2500 coins is a steep price. That's 10k coins per mount run a week, which compared to the equivalent of what you earned from the ToT treasure scenario for the equivalent last tier is a substantial time sink for poor gain.

Not true, I have multiple times rolled a haste and crit, or crit and mastery on my Rogue.

Then my priest friend was incredibly unlucky because all they were getting were single spirit/haste/crit/mastery items. It was rather off-putting to see since I was hoping to get them into a flex run last night and with stats like that on their gear the RL wouldn't have even considered it.

I stand corrected however.

2500 coins for 1 mogu rune is ridiculous, 200-250 per rune is much more realistic.

I think 1k coins would be a better compromise between what the developers want and what we as players would prefer. Dropping it below that threshold would likely cross a line that they're not willing to after IoT's ease of acquisition/completion.
Edited by Bomdanil on 9/11/2013 12:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
4 Night Elf Druid
Funny that they give gear away and people still find something to complain about.

Also the nerfed ToT by 20% go get your gear the old fashion way and stop whining.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
09/11/2013 12:34 PMPosted by Balschjun
I got a head piece, robe, shoulders, legs, and belt for my other priest in one hour. How is a full set in one day unbelievable?

remember he said weapons, so that's probably where most of the time sink comes in.

Weapons are the most important slot we have though, it should take awhile. And it's very believable you can get anything in a full day of farming.

All the armor is basically free. Some people complain about everything.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
SINCE WHEN ARE MOGU RUNES OF FATE REQUIRED TO GEAR UP?

If you wanted to do it at more than a snail's pace? Always.

09/11/2013 12:46 PMPosted by Cybrana
Funny that they give gear away and people still find something to complain about.

The complaint isn't about the free gear. The complaint has nothing to do with the gear drops on the island at all. Your post is nothing but a red herring, and does nothing to contribute to what is actually being discussed.
Edited by Bomdanil on 9/11/2013 12:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
The basic items that drop from everywhere on the Timeless Isle are 496. Quite a few people have reported filling every slot on an alt in the first day with these 496 items, and that's also the ilvl requirement for Siege of Orgrimmar LFR. So even with no other gear from other sources or upgrades, you will be able to jump straight into Siege of Orgrimmar just by playing around, exploring, and killing stuff on the Timeless Isle for a while, which really makes Mogu Runes of Fate quite unnecessary if you're just looking to progress through the new content.

When Mogu Runes of Fate were introduced, Elder Charms of Good Fortune were changed to drop on the Isle of Thunder. They drop randomly and you may get 20 in one day or 0. This time we're taking some of the randomness out of it and simply allowing you to be on the island and constantly be picking up Timeless Coins and working toward purchasing Mogu Runes of Fate.

But as I said if you've seen all you want of ToT and are just looking to progress, just getting those gear tokens off the island are probably a better bet.

Does the Timeless Isle give weapons? I've been trying to get a weapon to drop in ToT LFR for a long time.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
476 for 20,000 coins.

Interested?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Weapons are the most important slot we have though, it should take awhile. And it's very believable you can get anything in a full day of farming.

If you're too stupid to understand the issue, don't post.

Mogu Runes are overly difficult to get now, and the Timeless Isle only gives 476 weapons.

So the solutions are

1. Make the weapons better

or

2. Make it easier to purchase runes.

09/11/2013 12:46 PMPosted by Cybrana
the nerfed ToT by 20%
That's nice, but they didn't increase drop rates, so.
Edited by Karob on 9/11/2013 12:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior

If you're too stupid to understand the issue, don't post.

Mogu Runes are overly difficult to get now, and the Timeless Isle only gives 476 weapons.

So the solutions are

1. Make the weapons better

or

2. Make it easier to purchase runes.

Should be the ladder. To many uses for Mogu Runes still for them to be ridiculously overpriced.
Edited by Axeingar on 9/11/2013 12:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
7 Pandaren Rogue
Thank you Blizzard for completly making it a HUGE time sink to gear up in ToT now. Why in the blue hell would you make the price for a single rune 2500 coins? Before anyone says the coins are very easy to get, that is not the point here. Getting 2500 coins for 1 rune is really too long. I would rather spend 50 lesser charms to get 3 like it was before, time invested vs rewards then was at least higher.

Coins are much simpler to get than you may realize. I got several thousand in just a half hour.
Reply Quote
70 Orc Hunter
476 for 20,000 coins.

Interested?

When all of the items are 496? [redacted] no.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Coins are much simpler to get than you may realize. I got several thousand in just a half hour.

They're talking about actual farming, not the introductory quests that are 1 time only and intended to get you your cloak quickly.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
476 for 20,000 coins.

Interested?

When all of the items are 496? [redacted] no.

And yet Blizzard thinks that's perfectly fine.

Hell my Druid was sporting an upgraded polearm 3 ilevels below it at 85. 476 is not worth spending money on in any sort of system where it only matches weapons from the first tier of LFR.
Reply Quote
Something needs to be done, 496 is enough for Soo lfr sure, but these 496 have awful stats and gearing in Soo lfr will take ages, which is fine if you're someone that only does lfr, but if you're like me, someone that use to raid alot but took a break, you'll realize that it's damn near impossible to catch up and start raiding again, 496 won't be enough to be taken for even flex raids, and by the time I gear up in Soo lfr people will be on heroic.

The problem is Blizz listens to the elitists that for some reason care if people get old outdated gear easy or not, people talk of blizz "handing" us gear, but I would love to see them start raiding in those awful 496 items.
Edited by Zinkiki on 9/11/2013 1:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]