Thanks Blizzard, mogu runes of fate

90 Human Mage
Coins are much simpler to get than you may realize. I got several thousand in just a half hour.

Yes, but as various people have posted, it takes only 30 minute tops (if you're on very low pop, maybe longer, but I get mine on alts by joining Nalak groups and there are usually people killing Isle of Thunder rares) to: kill rare, get key to palace, and get 15-20 Elder Charms in patch 5.2

Now that Mogu Rune of Fate are "worthless", we are simply asking the question why it costs substantially more time to earn currency for bonus roll on the previous tier (let's say 2500 coins every 10-15 minutes, that amount of time you could've earned 10 Elder Charms but now you only get 1 Mogu Rune)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
What about the possibility of allowing us to downgrade from the Warforged Seals -> Mogu Runes of Fate -> Elder Charms of Good Fortune? e.g. purchase 1 Mogu Rune of Fate for 1 Warforged Seal from the Valor/JP vendor?

I know for those of us who have stayed up to date with content it wouldn't be useful, but I can see the argument for someone who is still trying to gear up and is willing to sacrifice their seals to get up to current content faster.
Reply Quote
78 Blood Elf Priest
I have to disagree with you here Bashiok. More Mogu Runes available will mean more incentive to run ToT to gear up for normal SoO.

As of right now, making 1 mogu rune cost 2500 coins is not very attractive. It really kills the idea of ever going back to Throne of Thunder normal / Heroic to gear up and have fun; the way the Elder coins were implemented in 5.2. Why kill any incentive to go back to an awesome raid like ToT, especially for new players that weren't around in 5.2/5.3.

Really hoping it changes to 3 mogu coins per 2500 timeless coins.
Edited by Ryshian on 9/11/2013 1:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Thats the best idea ive heard yet

Buying mogu coins and elder charms with justice.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Valor please, not justice. I can earn valor from things other than dungeons.
Reply Quote

you can buy it with valor right now

500 valor = 3500 coins which equals = about a 1 1/3 mogu coins

I just believe 1000 valor for 3 coins is too high

1000 justice for 3 coins sounds about perfect.
Edited by Sarosha on 9/11/2013 1:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
09/11/2013 01:16 PMPosted by Sarosha

you can buy it with valor right now

500 valor = 3500 coins which equals = about a 1 1/3 mogu coins

I just believe 1000 valor for 3 coins is too high

1000 justice for 3 coins sounds about perfect.

Only if Honored with Shaohao. At 10 rep per Yaungol killed and starting from Neutral, even with Diplomacy and banner, that's a long time.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The word "bonus" in "bonus roll" means extra. Were you to never engage in one, you're still not eligible to claim a lack of fairness.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
To reiterate what the Blues have posted:

Don't do ToT lfr anymore, there is almost no reason.

Go to Timeless Isle and within a few hours you will gear an alt well above 480 (I spent maybe 4 hours there today and picked up well over 20 pieces of gear, one alt got 7 pieces today).

The whole idea is to streamline gearing up for SoO lfr. You're no longer forced to do it in such a linear fashion (Dungeons (maybe some crafted 476's to help get into LFR)> MSV > Hof/Toes > ToT).

Let me translate

if you havent completed your cloak or wont be able to complete it in a month, good luck because TOT LFR will become a wastland of 12 hour queue's

First eight bosses of siege drop secrets and runestones.
Reply Quote
I don't understand why people are argueing against it, it's not like people are asking to have the gear handed to them, you still have to run a ton of lfr to actually use those coins in, and if you think that's nothing try suffering through ToT lfr multiple times a week ;) people are just asking to make it less grindy to simply get those coins so we don't spend this entire patch simply trying to catch up to normal raiders.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
The basic items that drop from everywhere on the Timeless Isle are 496. Quite a few people have reported filling every slot on an alt in the first day with these 496 items, and that's also the ilvl requirement for Siege of Orgrimmar LFR. So even with no other gear from other sources or upgrades, you will be able to jump straight into Siege of Orgrimmar just by playing around, exploring, and killing stuff on the Timeless Isle for a while, which really makes Mogu Runes of Fate quite unnecessary if you're just looking to progress through the new content.

When Mogu Runes of Fate were introduced, Elder Charms of Good Fortune were changed to drop on the Isle of Thunder. They drop randomly and you may get 20 in one day or 0. This time we're taking some of the randomness out of it and simply allowing you to be on the island and constantly be picking up Timeless Coins and working toward purchasing Mogu Runes of Fate.

But as I said if you've seen all you want of ToT and are just looking to progress, just getting those gear tokens off the island are probably a better bet.

Nalak and Oon mount rolls. Transmog that, looking at the past, won't be available after this expansion. There's a reason to have mogu runes, and the coin price is absurd for one rune.
Reply Quote

Let me translate

if you havent completed your cloak or wont be able to complete it in a month, good luck because TOT LFR will become a wastland of 12 hour queue's

Heart of lei shen is still only available in TOT

anyone who doesnt get done this month is going to have a LONG LONG wait to get in.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
The basic items that drop from everywhere on the Timeless Isle are 496. Quite a few people have reported filling every slot on an alt in the first day with these 496 items, and that's also the ilvl requirement for Siege of Orgrimmar LFR. So even with no other gear from other sources or upgrades, you will be able to jump straight into Siege of Orgrimmar just by playing around, exploring, and killing stuff on the Timeless Isle for a while, which really makes Mogu Runes of Fate quite unnecessary if you're just looking to progress through the new content.

When Mogu Runes of Fate were introduced, Elder Charms of Good Fortune were changed to drop on the Isle of Thunder. They drop randomly and you may get 20 in one day or 0. This time we're taking some of the randomness out of it and simply allowing you to be on the island and constantly be picking up Timeless Coins and working toward purchasing Mogu Runes of Fate.

But as I said if you've seen all you want of ToT and are just looking to progress, just getting those gear tokens off the island are probably a better bet.

that may be so but some people don't like doing that. blizzard keeps just handing out epic items like they were candy making the whole epic grind in all the previous raids completely pointless. do i have some of these timeless isle's items yes because i spent weeks in tot trying to get a bloody trinket that miraculously hates me. using mogu runes doesn't help either. i killed first boss tot got a ring i already had. used a mogu rune got the exact same item. don't tell me this is designed to keep players happy. its designed to keep players feeling like they are actually getting somewhere.

this candy epics is a means of telling gamers to shut up and accept whatever blizzard throws at them. i can accept making lesser charms now apply to new raid content. but you totally miss the point by not letting players have the choice of choosing which charms to use them on. some people don't wanna do timeless isle for they feel it is going way to cheap. some what the experience of going from mogushen all the way through tot. nope cant do that cause blizz don't want you in those raids no more.

nothing quite like blizzard killing there old raids then putting in tidbit eye candy to entice them back to the old raids cause they know they screwed up. need we be reminded the moving of naxx to northrend and 60 version disheartening no hows about onys lair. this is a staple stupid move on blizzards behalf. oh hows about taking out dungeon set 1 then forcing a stupid grind just to get old content back.

this just keeps getting worse and worse. whats next removing bc dungeon set 3 just to bring it back 2 expansions later and it costing 400,000 gold a piece get real blizzard.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
2500 does seem a little too much but it doesn't bother me that much personally or on my alts.

Personally I would have seen the price at 300-500 per one.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior

And Sigils for people who are that far back (saw some people in Flex get them today).
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
To be fair, the treasure scenario is a GUARANTEED 15+ elder coins so there was no randomness to it (in fact if i leave there not capped at 20 when i start with 0, I had screwed up something, which is why i generously say 15). If you do the scenario correctly you always walk away with tons of coins. The comparison to timeless isle is that coins are too expensive by comparison. 15+ coins for 5 minutes of my time once a week, or 15 coins for like 10 hours of my time on timeless isle.

The cost of mogu runes needs to be significantly lowered. Not because 2500 coins is hard (that's basically one killl of evermaw/ship combo). But because of time investment being too large for it. The coins also aren't just for ToT. They are for nalak and oondasta which are 522 ilvl plus increased chances at mount.

Agreed. 2500 for one coin is WAY too much.

Should be 2500 to purchase a stack of 5 runes. Either that or 1 rune for 500.

It actually takes less time now to get the 50 lesser charms for the weekly quest for the 3 top level runes than it does to farm up enough timeless coins for 3 mogu runes.
Edited by Mistwynd on 9/11/2013 2:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Easy "fix" is for Blizzard to add Mogu runes as drops on the Timeless Isle, all mobs, all chests.
Edited by Majestian on 9/11/2013 2:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I think a decent idea would be to make each boss in Terrace and HoF on lfr drop a mogu rune each kill, it's 12 coins that take a bit of time and effort and also keeps old content relevant.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Easy "fix" is for Blizzard to add Mogu runes as drops on the Timeless Isle, all mobs, all chests.

There's probably not a strong lore reason for that. But I don't see why they couldn't add them to mobs and chests on Isle of Thunder and the Troves of the Thunder King scenario. This would let IoT be the one-stop shop for all the back-level charms.
Edited by Karadine on 9/11/2013 2:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
maybe make it 1000 per coin?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]