Thanks Blizzard, mogu runes of fate

90 Human Death Knight
To reiterate what the Blues have posted:

Don't do ToT lfr anymore, there is almost no reason.

Go to Timeless Isle and within a few hours you will gear an alt well above 480 (I spent maybe 4 hours there today and picked up well over 20 pieces of gear, one alt got 7 pieces today).

The whole idea is to streamline gearing up for SoO lfr. You're no longer forced to do it in such a linear fashion (Dungeons (maybe some crafted 476's to help get into LFR)> MSV > Hof/Toes > ToT).

I love the new isle, but trust me, what are we supposed to do until next week? considering SoO LFR isnt even unlocked yet.

Right now we have two choices, grind out brains out on timeless isle or keep running ToT LFR the rest of the week.

Sure, we gear up all our alts in one day, maybe two, but SoO is still locked for another week
Reply Quote
Community Manager
09/11/2013 05:01 PMPosted by Sarosha
So we brought up your guys' feedback to the designers about this just a bit ago, everyone agrees Mogu Runes of Fate are too expensive, and we'll be adjusting the cost in an upcoming hotfix that should probably go out today or tomorrow.

Its not just that they are too expensive and they are..

Its that we were told by lore there would be other methods of getting them, as well as the preview article.

I can dig up the post if you would like

This is the first article we released on the Timeless Isle: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/10590712/

"The currency of the Timeless Isle is Timeless Coins, which players can use to purchase Mogu Runes of Fate"

Possible someone misspoke, and always a chance for error, but purchasing them with Timeless Coins was the first thing we said about them.
Reply Quote
Can you elaborate on the various means, the only means I saw was getting for 2500 timeless coins which seems well..

exceedingly excessive.

You can also find them around the island (in chests, on mobs, etc).

here it is

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9721412172#new-post
Edited by Sarosha on 9/11/2013 5:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Bashiok, could you please give me some feedback on the issues I mentioned. Caster weps are a sore point...why no valor weapons?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
09/11/2013 05:05 PMPosted by Bashiok

Its not just that they are too expensive and they are..

Its that we were told by lore there would be other methods of getting them, as well as the preview article.

I can dig up the post if you would like

This is the first article we released on the Timeless Isle: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/10590712/

"The currency of the Timeless Isle is Timeless Coins, which players can use to purchase Mogu Runes of Fate"

Possible someone misspoke, and always a chance for error, but purchasing them with Timeless Coins was the first thing we said about them.

Any chance of the rate being changed?.. 2500 coins for 1 token is obscene.
Reply Quote

Any chance of the rate being changed?.. 2500 coins for 1 token is obscene.

They are changing the cost

But unless they go really low like 250 its still not going to be worth it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Why didn't they just do away with the mogu rune and just be able to use the elder charm instead. sorta use a system like valor for current tier and Justice for old tier..
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
So we brought up your guys' feedback to the designers about this just a bit ago, everyone agrees Mogu Runes of Fate are too expensive, and we'll be adjusting the cost in an upcoming hotfix that should probably go out today or tomorrow.

Thank you for taking it into consideration, I look forward to the hotfix. While I do understand your point that we get all these 496 drops on the Isle, it was prohibitively expensive to obtain Mogu Runes to gear through ToT if that was our preference. I liked the system you guys used for Elder Charms, where I could spend about 20 mins per character per week and have enough coins for a whole raid run. I understand that is much too fast for coins for the current raid, but don't think it was really an issue for old content.

As someone said above, I think 250 would be a good rate. It's a big change, but again - it's for outdated content and wouldn't be a departure from the current system we have with Elder Charms.
Edited by Twoplusone on 9/11/2013 5:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin

Thanks for the update...dare we inquire how much they will be once the hotfix is implemented?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
here is the exact post where lore said "You can also find them around the island (in chests, on mobs, etc). "

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9721412172#12

he also said:

"Mogu Runes of Fate will continue to work solely in Throne of Thunder, and will be available through various means on the Timeless Isle. "

here:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9721412172#3
Reply Quote
100 Troll Warrior
Unless its an absolute trivial cost ~100 coins. I don't think its worth spending coins on mogo runes for a very small chance of 502 ilvl gear when you can spend the coins on guaranteed 535ilvl gear (and in a slot you actually need).

Mobs should have low chance to drop them.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
They could have just added them to the Troves of the Thunder King loot chests.. get all my outdated charms in one place. If Blizz is going to attach them to a "current content" currency they might as well have just kept them linked to lesser charms... my alts would have cried but my main has like 2000 lesser charms and climbing.
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter

While you're at it how about fixing Timeless Isle gear so that it can't be disenchanted. The AH is flooded with low level enchanting mats because of how easy it is to get epics on Timeless Isle. Enchanters wont be able to make gold at all eventually because the mats will cost more than what the enchant scrolls sell for. Blizzard has always blocked easily obtainable epics from being disenchanted but not this time and I'm wondering why. Is it an oversight or intentional?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid

My Nalak farming thanks you.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

While you're at it can you add a timeless coin weapon for H paladins, sorta sucks to be the only spec without the option to buy one.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

Why was the valor to runes purchase gated behind rep?
Edited by Mirisanelle on 9/11/2013 6:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Why not save up for a 522 Conquest Bow? Easy.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
One side effect of this....ToT LFR wait times will be longer for those doing the cloak stuff in there.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
One side effect of this....ToT LFR wait times will be longer for those doing the cloak stuff in there

Still have to run it. Timeless Isle has a wep all right...same level as the one I have now.

ToT is all I have now. More gold failbags incoming.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]