Thanks Blizzard, mogu runes of fate

100 Human Paladin
aus
To be fair, the treasure scenario is a GUARANTEED 15+ elder coins so there was no randomness to it (in fact if i leave there not capped at 20 when i start with 0, I had screwed up something, which is why i generously say 15). If you do the scenario correctly you always walk away with tons of coins. The comparison to timeless isle is that coins are too expensive by comparison. 15+ coins for 5 minutes of my time once a week, or 15 coins for like 10 hours of my time on timeless isle.

Please tell me where the magic button is, if I clear the the end, open 7-8 of the better chests I might!! get 8-12 coins. Heck half the time I pull a extra mob that pulls others and end up with 2-3 coins. Its not unusual to spend more coins on consumables for the run then I get out of the run.

I can not move that fast, I can not open chests that fast to get 15+.
Reply Quote
96 Undead Warlock
09/11/2013 07:02 PMPosted by Mate
To be fair, the treasure scenario is a GUARANTEED 15+ elder coins so there was no randomness to it (in fact if i leave there not capped at 20 when i start with 0, I had screwed up something, which is why i generously say 15). If you do the scenario correctly you always walk away with tons of coins. The comparison to timeless isle is that coins are too expensive by comparison. 15+ coins for 5 minutes of my time once a week, or 15 coins for like 10 hours of my time on timeless isle.

Please tell me where the magic button is, if I clear the the end, open 7-8 of the better chests I might!! get 8-12 coins. Heck half the time I pull a extra mob that pulls others and end up with 2-3 coins. Its not unusual to spend more coins on consumables for the run then I get out of the run.

I can not move that fast, I can not open chests that fast to get 15+.

You shouldn't go so far in if you are doing a charm farming run. Just loot all the chests in the first couple areas where there are no mobs. I've gotten 17 in one run myself.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
So we brought up your guys' feedback to the designers about this just a bit ago, everyone agrees Mogu Runes of Fate are too expensive, and we'll be adjusting the cost in an upcoming hotfix that should probably go out today or tomorrow.

As someone still running ToT LFR 2.5 times a week for mogwear, thank you thank you thank you. I was hoping it would be as easy to stock up as the Super Happy Treasure Run was for Elder Charms on IoT and when I saw the 2500tc cost and abundant lesser charms it made me wish I'd stocked up on before the patch.

For perspective: killing an Isle rare or two for a key and cleaning out the first hall on the treasure run nets me an average of around 12-15 Elders for all of about 15 minutes of my time. With that in mind Mogu Runes shouldn't be more than a couple hundred Timeless Coins, should they?
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
So we brought up your guys' feedback to the designers about this just a bit ago, everyone agrees Mogu Runes of Fate are too expensive, and we'll be adjusting the cost in an upcoming hotfix that should probably go out today or tomorrow.

Thank you for the update, and I'm glad to hear that feedback on this and other Timeless Isle concerns are still being looked into.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage

Can we have this post sticked so we can link it every time someone posts saying Blizzard never listens to it's player base?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage

Thanks "BLUE Bashiok". Yes I was in the raid with your poor priest on PTR that died from standing in numerous AOE damage. <3
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
It's live now. 1000 coins for a Mogu Rune.
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
Bash, I can also confirm that Lore posted we should be able to loot Mogu Runes from mobs on Timeless Isle or find them in chests and such. Reducing the price on runes is cool and all, but can you confirm if Lore's post is accurate? I've yet to see runes drop off of anything.

Edited: was hoping for slightly cheaper than 1,000 coins per rune, but it's better than original. Still would like to know if they'll drop on the Isle.
Edited by Bowrion on 9/11/2013 7:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
aus
You shouldn't go so far in if you are doing a charm farming run. Just loot all the chests in the first couple areas where there are no mobs. I've gotten 17 in one run myself.

I do that on my alts, it gives 5-8. On average its 5-6 chests per charm. At one point the chests respawned on death but they no longer so you can't do a suicide run grabbing 2-3 chests at the end then dieing and re-doing.

I am not unhappy with the amount i do get as on a week to week basis 4-5 is ample , but posting its guaranteed to get 15+ while wearing 550 gear on a high mobility class is just wrong,
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
09/11/2013 08:33 PMPosted by Mate

I do that on my alts, it gives 5-8. On average its 5-6 chests per charm. At one point the chests respawned on death but they no longer so you can't do a suicide run grabbing 2-3 chests at the end then dieing and re-doing.

I am not unhappy with the amount i do get as on a week to week basis 4-5 is ample , but posting its guaranteed to get 15+ while wearing 550 gear on a high mobility class is just wrong,

His advice about not going too far in is very valid regardless of ilvl. Infact, its easier to farm the first section for coins than it is going further in if you have a low ilvl
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Even though they're obtainable via other means, it would be nice to be able to purchase Mogu Runes of Fate and Elder Charms of Good Fortune with the Lesser Charms. As it is, the Lesser Charms are only at all useful in a quantity of 50 once a week. Beyond that they're pretty much useless altogether. Many players (myself included) have hundreds or even thousands of these charms that would take weeks or months to burn off.

It would be fantastic to be able to use excess charms for additional rolls on older content. Sure, Elder Charms are readily available and Mogu Runes of Fate have another way of being obtained at this point, but why not have another use for these charms for players that can readily afford it?

It could also be kinda neat to have these charms be bind-on-account or allow you to purchase rolls for your alts using your main, although that may be counter to the idea of how these are supposed to function, especially with how easy they are to obtain on the Timeless Isle.

09/11/2013 09:53 AMPosted by Lilincia
I would rather spend 50 lesser charms to get 3 like it was before
Edited by Kodiack on 9/11/2013 8:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I thought that 2500 for 3 coins wasn't really that bad considering that u can earn that in under a few hrs time. But hey, 250 for 3 or even 250per isn't that bad either.
Reply Quote
55 Blood Elf Death Knight
1000 Timeless coins for 1 Mogu Rune of Fate is why over priced. Really Blizzard, you make people grind harder for old content. Great way to keep sub numbers up.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin

Hotfix Implemented: 1000 Timeless Coins for 1 Mogu Rune of Fate

This is still too much.

Did the designers decide that making Elder Charms so easy to obtain on the Isle of Thunder via Troves of the Thunder King somehow broke the game? You're still requiring more time farming Timeless coins to purchase one Mogu Rune than it took to cap Elder Charms in 5.2.

What's the point in throttling people's ability to obtain coins for old content?
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
As if Timeless coins are hard to acquire(they are not).

It doesn't matter when you can spend them on guaranteed ilvl 535 gear instead. It's an opportunity cost that makes it unfeasible.

I second the idea to just let us continue to buy mogu runes with lesser charms, and not be capped at 3 per week. You'd just be capped at the number of bosses you could potentially use them on once each week.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
As if Timeless coins are hard to acquire(they are not).

no one is saying they are hard, it's all about time invested for the reward gained and with it beinag at 2500 it was ridiculous. 1000 is an improvement but it's still a step up. people are saying 250 for each mogu. i would like that but i couldnt see them going below 500 for each mogu coin.

as for lesser charms, we do need another option on the use of these. the isle is dropping them like no tomorrow and im getting into the hundreds quicker then i ever did before. with how they drop on the isle i dont even bother doing any dailies anymore for them.

the idea of allowing the purchase of previous coins with them is a great idea. multiple ways.

converting then to JP and Honor is another idea that im sure players would greatly like.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
The basic items that drop from everywhere on the Timeless Isle are 496. Quite a few people have reported filling every slot on an alt in the first day with these 496 items, and that's also the ilvl requirement for Siege of Orgrimmar LFR. So even with no other gear from other sources or upgrades, you will be able to jump straight into Siege of Orgrimmar just by playing around, exploring, and killing stuff on the Timeless Isle for a while, which really makes Mogu Runes of Fate quite unnecessary if you're just looking to progress through the new content.

When Mogu Runes of Fate were introduced, Elder Charms of Good Fortune were changed to drop on the Isle of Thunder. They drop randomly and you may get 20 in one day or 0. This time we're taking some of the randomness out of it and simply allowing you to be on the island and constantly be picking up Timeless Coins and working toward purchasing Mogu Runes of Fate.

But as I said if you've seen all you want of ToT and are just looking to progress, just getting those gear tokens off the island are probably a better bet.

How do you guys feel about the fact that i496 items that can be literally be found on the ground on the Timeless Island have made 1/2 of the Pandaria raids irrelevant?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
How about boosting the drop rate on world boss mounts? There's absolutely zero reason for them to be 1 in 1000 drop rates or that bad.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
How about boosting the drop rate on world boss mounts? There's absolutely zero reason for them to be 1 in 1000 drop rates or that bad.

This thread isn't "give me everything" just yet, but good effort.

You can farm up enough Mogu Runes of Fate for a section of LFR during the queue, or enough for a full clear of the raid in a few hours.. It's fine now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]