Thanks Blizzard, mogu runes of fate

Still way too expensive. 1000 TCs per Mogu Rune means 12.000 TCs per week, 12.000 TCs which could be saved up for other stuff instead.

Make every named on Timeless Isle drop 1-3 Mogu Runes instead. Mogu Runes need to cost next to no TCs at all (50-100 TCs per coin), or even better, be removed from the TC vendors alltogether.

It's just failed game design, fix this please.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Still way too expensive. 1000 TCs per Mogu Rune means 12.000 TCs per week, 12.000 TCs which could be saved up for other stuff instead.

Make every named on Timeless Isle drop 1-3 Mogu Runes instead. Mogu Runes need to cost next to no TCs at all (50-100 TCs per coin), or even better, be removed from the TC vendors alltogether.

Nope Dread ship 1.1k to 2k tokens a kill So one mogu charm also Rares drop 300-500....So easy get Mogu LLOL
Reply Quote
91 Worgen Warlock

1000 coins is less than 10 minutes worth of work.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
People are still complaining about the price of these things? Really?

2500 was too expensive. 1000 is not.
Reply Quote
83 Worgen Druid
The basic items that drop from everywhere on the Timeless Isle are 496. Quite a few people have reported filling every slot on an alt in the first day with these 496 items, and that's also the ilvl requirement for Siege of Orgrimmar LFR. So even with no other gear from other sources or upgrades, you will be able to jump straight into Siege of Orgrimmar just by playing around, exploring, and killing stuff on the Timeless Isle for a while, which really makes Mogu Runes of Fate quite unnecessary if you're just looking to progress through the new content.

When Mogu Runes of Fate were introduced, Elder Charms of Good Fortune were changed to drop on the Isle of Thunder. They drop randomly and you may get 20 in one day or 0. This time we're taking some of the randomness out of it and simply allowing you to be on the island and constantly be picking up Timeless Coins and working toward purchasing Mogu Runes of Fate.

But as I said if you've seen all you want of ToT and are just looking to progress, just getting those gear tokens off the island are probably a better bet.

The issue is that compared to ToT, 1000 for a single sodding rune is exhorbitant.
Edited by Furÿ on 9/12/2013 1:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
09/12/2013 01:09 AMPosted by Arson

1000 runes was a good compromise between what the developers wanted people to do (spend time farming) and what the players wanted (reasonable access).

Also bear in mind that when people hit honoured they'll now be able to effectively buy mogu runes at a rate of 3 per 500 VP (or 7 rune for 1k), which will work well towards the end of the content cycle when we're wanting something to spend our VP on because we're out of upgrades and close to the cap.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Stupidity at its finest. So you think statistically a drop rate near zero is completely fine from bosses killed millions of times a week? Welcome to forum ignore since you're obviously trolling at this point. Let me make it real clear what I was referencing to and that's the fact that world bosses are a huge joke of a carrot on a stick. And these are just the mount ones, the current ones are just fine (no mounts to bait people into doing them forever).

Drop rates on mounts:
http://www.guildox.com/go/g.aspx?a=30

Thanks for showing the illiteracy rate is still too high. Oh and 1000 for a mogu rune is still too much - I'm sure you've heard of alts.

The drop rate for the world boss mounts is skewed by the fact that for six months the mounts were not on their loot tables. There is no reason to assume they are any different than existing 1% mounts now, and a 0.1% mount would be no different than the Big Love Rocket, which is not even farmable. The mounts are intended to be extremely rare. Additionally, that has absolutely no relevance to this thread, nor is your ridiculously hostile tone justified.
Edited by Mahourai on 9/12/2013 1:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Listen, we're talking outdated content here. If there is no serious incentive for players to queue up for ToT, you're gonna be looking at 4+ hour queues. Good luck farming your pets or legendary drops that way.

OUTDATED CONTENT. I simply dont understand why they dont hand us Mogu Runes on a silver platter, there is literally no design need to keep those runes out of the player's hands at this point.

Isle of Thunder did it right, 10 minutes of work to get 15-20 Elder Charms. Having to farm 12.000 Timeless Coins to get 12 Mogu Runes? I dont think so, sorry. That's 2 hours of hardcore farming at the bare minimum, not going to happen, not for outdated, optional content.

Not to mention that 'farming' Timeless Isle is horrible, horrible gold/hour on top of everything else.

Oh well, whatever, it's apparent that their A, B and C design teams are all busy working on the next expansion. But this right here marks a new low in design quality for WoW, that's for sure. It's like whoever is in charge of designing this patch's content has no experience, common sense or simply doesnt care about the hand that feeds him. No small wonder this game is bleeding subs.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
LOL WELL CRAP.

Can I get a refund for the 8 or 9 I bought yesterday?

Just lovely.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest

Isle of Thunder did it right, 10 minutes of work to get 15-20 Elder Charms. Having to farm 12.000 Timeless Coins to get 12 Mogu Runes? I dont think so, sorry. That's 2 hours of hardcore farming at the bare minimum, not going to happen, not for outdated, optional content.

no the average player got like 2-3 charms from treasure room so it is balanced

cant be bothered to look up chest route leads to this
Reply Quote
16 Draenei Paladin
The basic items that drop from everywhere on the Timeless Isle are 496. Quite a few people have reported filling every slot on an alt in the first day with these 496 items, and that's also the ilvl requirement for Siege of Orgrimmar LFR. So even with no other gear from other sources or upgrades, you will be able to jump straight into Siege of Orgrimmar just by playing around, exploring, and killing stuff on the Timeless Isle for a while, which really makes Mogu Runes of Fate quite unnecessary if you're just looking to progress through the new content.

When Mogu Runes of Fate were introduced, Elder Charms of Good Fortune were changed to drop on the Isle of Thunder. They drop randomly and you may get 20 in one day or 0. This time we're taking some of the randomness out of it and simply allowing you to be on the island and constantly be picking up Timeless Coins and working toward purchasing Mogu Runes of Fate.

But as I said if you've seen all you want of ToT and are just looking to progress, just getting those gear tokens off the island are probably a better bet.

"Filling Every Slot"?

Hardly.

You need 2,500 Justice (since the Ring and Trinket are Unique-Equipped) to get 496 Ring/Trinket from your Landfall Faction, and you need a Necklace (3 characters through the TI and I've yet to see a single Necklace token drop).

And even then.......there are no 496 Weapons, or OH Items.

Why you'd leave the weapons out is beyond me. You allow SOME people to get BoE 502 Reborns, but leave out others... and then you give us 476 that takes LOTS of Grinding, even though most people had 471 already from Heroics or Blacksmithing, and magic users have had crafted 476 Staves since 5.0....

.......and you make the TI staves 476?

.....lol. Seriously?

Nevermind that sticking us with such wimpy weapons kills DPS like crazy; if you're wearing all 496 armor with a 476 weapon, you're not going to do anywhere near the DPS that someone would do with a 502 crafted weapon if you happen to NOT be a Monk, 2H Strength user, Combat Rogue, Druid, Frost/Fury, Prot, (and even they don't get an OH), or any caster that's not a priest or holy paladin.

Who does that leave?

Enhancement Shaman (LOL! They get screwed again despite there being an easy fix of swapping the Strength 1H Axe and Agility Swords' stats).

Mages.
Warlocks.
Rogues (no OH for Combat, no weapon period for Sub/Assassination)
Hunters

I can't figure out why you'd make the weapons so wimpy on the TI. You expect people to grind out 20,000 coins for 5 item-level?
Reply Quote
92 Orc Warlock
09/11/2013 09:53 AMPosted by Lilincia
Thank you Blizzard for completly making it a HUGE time sink to gear up in ToT now.

Just wanted to say that I was like 463 yesterday and by the evening I was 493. I ran the first two parts of ToT when I hit 480 and got loot 4 out of 6 bosses. No coins.

I think it should be fine though it would be nice if there was something like the treasure room on IoT.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Then enjoy your LFR tanks with all 476/483 and a couple 522 for the minimum item level.

Even better just buy valor 522 to queue and return it after the run.
Edited by Daddycash on 9/12/2013 4:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter

Are we talking regular raids or /Flex or LFR ?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

Ahhh sweet, so there should be no issue in lowering the price of Mogu runes of fate now, should there Bashiok? Great to hear!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Anyone else notice the nonsense in Bashiok's post?

which really makes Mogu Runes of Fate quite unnecessary if you're just looking to progress through the new content.

09/11/2013 10:36 AMPosted by Bashiok
working toward purchasing Mogu Runes of Fate.

If they are unnecessary, and you obviously want us to progress past the ToT, then why the FRICK do we need to work toward 1 mogu rune?
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue

Unfortunately, ToT normal gear and LFR SoO gear is most often better in slot that the 535 obtained from using those tokens. I had originally intended to get a lot of my gear from here since the LFR item lvl for SoO was so low but I am thinking now it isn't worth it based on what I see on sites like askmrrobot. You have to be extremely lucky with those random stats to get an improvement over what you can get from SoO LFR.
Reply Quote
65 Night Elf Death Knight
Why not give us the choice to choose which type of coins we would like receive? Turn in 50 charms for either the ToT coins or the SoO coins or make it useable it either location?
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue

no the average player got like 2-3 charms from treasure room so it is balanced

cant be bothered to look up chest route leads to this

I am the average player I would have to assume and I never made it out of the first room and always came away with more than 10 Elder Charms.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]