How do I get rid of Absorb Spam on my UI?

100 Blood Elf Paladin
Starting in 5.4, I'm getting a large amount of Absorb spam. Every time I heal (and the paladin mastery kicks in), I also see an absorb amount (e.g. Absorb +3200). When I do AoE healing, the absorb amounts just clutter my screen.

I was wondering if this was part of the default UI? I also use Mik's Scrolling Combat Text, but I don't see any options under it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
It's part of the standard UI, that's for sure. No idea if there's a toggle.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
Interface -> Floating Combat Text -> toggle Shields
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
Same problem, using the above doesn't work for me.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Tried the toggle shields on the built in Floating Combat Text and nothing.

Anyone fix this?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Tried the toggle shields on the built in Floating Combat Text and nothing.

Anyone fix this?

Double check it.

I was able to do it on my priest, even if enable is not checked the shield was still showing up. As soon as I had everything unchecked it was no longer showing up on my priest.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Double check it.

I was able to do it on my priest, even if enable is not checked the shield was still showing up. As soon as I had everything unchecked it was no longer showing up on my priest.

Any other ideas? I have everything unchecked and though the absorb has disappeared I'm still getting healing spam every time my cloak procs :/ So hard to see anything when that crap goes off.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
^ Do you have any other addons possibly turned on? Mik's scrolling combat text is a popular one, screenshots would also help :D
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Any other ideas? I have everything unchecked and though the absorb has disappeared I'm still getting healing spam every time my cloak procs :/ So hard to see anything when that crap goes off.

i use xCT and I too am unable to turn off the absorb spam. I've just come to accept it :< it's nice knowing when a PW:S crits but other than that it's mostly annoying.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
I use msbt and was able to turn it off. In the interface option, it had absorbs checked while healing was unchecked. Turning healing back on, then disabling absorbs, then turning healing off did the trick. Not sure if that helps anyone.

09/13/2013 12:06 PMPosted by Tsilyi
a PW:S crits

That's what raid frames are for Tsilyi :<
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

like i can see that. the only time i know if pw:s crits on my raidframe is if the absorb bar is massive and the person is at a health deficit! if they're at full health i basically have no idea.

LOOK I'M THE WORST OK.
Edited by Tsilyi on 9/13/2013 12:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I use msbt and was able to turn it off. In the interface option, it had absorbs checked while healing was unchecked. Turning healing back on, then disabling absorbs, then turning healing off did the trick. Not sure if that helps anyone.

a PW:S crits

That's how I had to fix it on mine, even when it wasn't enabled it still kept showing up.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
^ Do you have any other addons possibly turned on? Mik's scrolling combat text is a popular one, screenshots would also help :D

Miks needed an update. Haven't seen any green since the update so I'm keeping my fingers crossed :)
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest

I don't use msbt and doing this in the default interface is the fix. Even if you don't have it enabled you have to go and check healing, uncheck shields, then uncheck healing. (even if it looks like everything is already off).
Edited by Redhighhealz on 1/3/2014 7:50 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]