Proving Ground (Healing Gold)?

90 Pandaren Monk
Just curious if anyone out there has been able to do this yet, I consider myself a pretty decent healer and can't get pass wave 5, Not sure if it's over tuned or what, Thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I can't wait to try it. I'm at work so I cant. Tediz, what is your issue at wave 5? are you going oom or are you not able to heal fast enough?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I did it first try without dropping below 70% mana and very little use of cooldowns, I honestly thought it was severely under tuned.
Edited by Abikis on 9/10/2013 1:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Doing the DPS this is actually challenging! So far I've gotten to wave 6 Endless... Dayum this is gonna suck up a lot of my time.

Dunno about heals though, good luck.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Was pretty easy for me. Though I did have trouble with the DoT mechanic as at first I didn't know you could heal them to full and get rid of it. Wasted a lot of mana.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Some healers have reached 85 or so on the ptr. Gear is scaled back but sockets are not. Gem wisely my friend.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
i had 30 seconds left on gold but im convinced my tank switched to battle stance or something because even with all cd's burning i just couldnt outheal the incoming damage
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
i had 30 seconds left on gold but im convinced my tank switched to battle stance or something because even with all cd's burning i just couldnt outheal the incoming damage

The time for healers doesn't matter, you're done when the mobs are all dead.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
How do you find the proving grounds..I only logged in for a quick visit to look at the vale..its early morning here
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Proving grounds are in the Temple of the white tiger in Kunlai. I haven't started gold yet just finished silver stopped because im doing Flex
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Proving grounds are in the Temple of the white tiger in Kunlai. I haven't started gold yet just finished silver stopped because im doing Flex

You can also get to them by talking to your class trainer.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
09/10/2013 02:09 PMPosted by Abikis

You can also get to them by talking to your class trainer.

Did not know that
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Gods that means a trip to Ebon Hold
dusts off the old deathgate
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I did it first try without dropping below 70% mana and very little use of cooldowns, I honestly thought it was severely under tuned.

hmmm that is strange since you don't have the chevo. Troll Less!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Still trying for gold myself, did you notice that they stand in fire just like real players?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Still trying for gold myself, did you notice that they stand in fire just like real players?

If you get it let me know, I'm curious what I am missing.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
09/10/2013 02:14 PMPosted by Tediz

hmmm that is strange since you don't have the chevo. Troll Less!

The achievement will not show up till you re-log. I have the gold in dps and it is not listed. Please do not say others are trolling cuz you do not understand how the system works.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
09/10/2013 02:23 PMPosted by Tediz

If you get it let me know, I'm curious what I am missing.

The armory hasn't been updated which is why players appear to have empty gear slots (for instance my hands, which are tier 16). I do have the achievement however the achievement doesn't exist on the armory.

EDIT: Here have a screenshot http://i.imgur.com/CF2o1t3.jpg
Edited by Abikis on 9/10/2013 2:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I did Gold but couldn't get past wave 7 or so on endless. My mana can't keep up.

I didn't (and probably won't) change my gear just for proving grounds, but I'm hoping I can pull off wave 10 eventually.

Does anyone know if there are other difficulties than 'Basic'? Because everything is labeled as Basic.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I think it's probably a little easier for less-geared players. For example, at higher gear levels, as a disc priest, I gear away from mastery/spirit and into haste. With the ilevel scaling, this doesn't bode well for my mana. I have made some initial changes, but I need to do a little more to get gold. 8/10 waves down, though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]