Proving Ground (Healing Gold)?

(Locked)

100 Blood Elf Hunter
What is the recommended ilvl for a healer in this?
29 Blood Elf Hunter

I had zero problem with getting gold. If anything, I felt it was too easy. I am. Holy priest. Holy is largely considered to be the underdog healing spec. You're a disc priest. If I can do it as holy, you can do it as disc.

Or maybe disc is just completely gimped in the proving ground setting, in which case I recommend you try holy.

Please stop telling everybody that it's too easy and perfectly balanced for priests when you still haven't gotten the title from it.
90 Blood Elf Warrior
- You can't eat between fights (says you're in combat even though you're standing there waiting for the next wave to spawn).

That's odd, I was able to change one of my talents between waves while messing around on the DPS one. Unless there was a bug and I wasn't supposed to be able to.
100 Goblin Priest

I had zero problem with getting gold. If anything, I felt it was too easy. I am. Holy priest. Holy is largely considered to be the underdog healing spec. You're a disc priest. If I can do it as holy, you can do it as disc.

Or maybe disc is just completely gimped in the proving ground setting, in which case I recommend you try holy.

Please stop telling everybody that it's too easy and perfectly balanced for priests when you still haven't gotten the title from it.

There is no title for gold (which is the level mentioned in the quote). I did gold as holy as well without too much trouble. You just have to know when to pop CDs.
90 Human Mage
What is the recommended ilvl for a healer in this?

You are baselined to a 463 ilvl.
100 Night Elf Druid
I wiped a couple times on gold wave 10 because I couldn't keep the tank up. He just hovered at 10% health despite me spamming heals on him, eventually I ran oom and he died.

Might try changing up my reforging on my next try.
29 Blood Elf Hunter
There is no title for gold (which is the level mentioned in the quote). I did gold as holy as well without too much trouble. You just have to know when to pop CDs.

You also have to be extremely lucky with RNG, and you have a major gear advantage. Not everybody has 30 gem slots on their gear, nor do they have overtuned gear that is still stronger when scaled down.

There's no argument that it's completely imbalanced for priests when you take into account that there are only like 2 priests in the entire game at the moment who have the title from endless mode.
Edited by Radget on 9/12/2013 11:33 AM PDT
100 Draenei Shaman
I was able to get gold fairly easily on the first day... only 2 tries. I got to level 23 two or three times on the endless trial... but today, for some reason, i cant make it past 10. mana regen is an issue when it wasnt before...hotfix?
90 Tauren Druid
Got my gold yesterday. Wave 6 was the toughest wave for me. 10 has a couple tough spike damage parts, but after those it's easy sailing.

• Remember to reforge when you get in there since your ilvl drops.
  • Use a flask
  • Focus on conserving mana
  • 90 Human Monk
    I don't know, maybe I'm wrong here, but it doesn't seem like my renewing mist is hitting the mage sometimes when it should.

RM didn't spread on my one attempt before I realized I'd have to regem and come back. I got almost to wave 9 before oom. I have since switched my red int sockets to int + spirit. I really hope I don't have to go and buy blue spirit gems to get this done. :) Tough but fun.
    90 Blood Elf Priest
    Just curious if anyone out there has been able to do this yet, I consider myself a pretty decent healer and can't get pass wave 5, Not sure if it's over tuned or what, Thanks!

Yep, did it on the first day. Had no idea that the gear scaled down so my mana was taking a hit, but I just rotated my Mana CDs accordingly and pulled the stupid hunter NPC out of fire :)
    09/10/2013 05:41 PMPosted by Kakurine
    uhh, for a bit of fun?!? Do people who play this game actually enjoy it, or does everyone just play for the gear?!?

I have fun when I play more often then not. And more often then not the game serves to relieve stress.

However I have one final goal in this game as I do with all games. To "beat" the game. due to the nature of an mmo. I can't "beat" it like other games. The closest I can get is to obtain the best gear possible within the time I have to do it.

This means activities which do not get me closer to that end goal are not worth doing nor are they fun or stress relieving.

If this mechanic doesn't get me gear, titles, pets, or mounts I have no interest in it.

Beating the game would be getting every achievement. These give achievements.
    90 Pandaren Monk
    TG
    I've been working on this all night, dps stand in stuff constantly, dps miss interupts, the tank gets completely destroyed, my healing doesn't do anything since I'm not even able to reach my second haste breakpoint and my mana is nonexistent.
    I've lost quite a few times because dps won't interupt and 3 or 4 fireballs goes off on the mage (ALWAYS THE MAGE) and basically one shots him.
    I'm cycling my CDs, everything from grapple weapon and ring of peace to revival and life cocoon. But when I'm having to heal through 3 or 4 waves because the dps can't kill them fast enough, idk what else to do. I have no time to drink either so this is really really stupid.
    I'm getting really frustrated with this.
    90 Pandaren Monk
    TG
    finally got it, after about 3 hours of smashing my face against the wall. I definitely don't like that I don't get mana time after a certain, point I only won cuz of nice RNG on my side. :/
    90 Blood Elf Paladin
    i can get to wave8/10 before i crumble. the npcs don't interrupt or cc they stand in stuff and the tank by then takes alot of damage so im trying to keep the tank up but having a hard time keeping everyone else up. so frustrating
    i can get to wave8/10 before i crumble. the npcs don't interrupt or cc they stand in stuff and the tank by then takes alot of damage so im trying to keep the tank up but having a hard time keeping everyone else up. so frustrating

Just like real people! The funniest part is when I life gripped the mage out of the fire and she just walked back to her spot as if it was nothing... yup, just like real people.

But seriously, not only that, but also the fact that there's absolutely no time out of combat to at least let my mana regen a little, not even a second, even if we're waiting for the next wave... and that only on bronze and silver... the dps hardly can finish a wave before the next spawns in gold.
    Edited by Midare on 9/14/2013 1:52 PM PDT
    100 Human Paladin
    I didn't have much issue at all with the DPS Gold until wave 7-10 where I had to see the waves a couple times before I could plan out how best to use my cooldowns.

Healing Gold on the other hand is just relentless. No breaks for mana in between waves, DPS that stand in everything, big time AOE damage that I have to interrupt or else heal through and a tank that may as well be in battle stance for how much damage he takes.

Not going to lie, the DPS have it easy. Healing Gold is much more challenging.
    100 Human Paladin
    09/14/2013 01:52 PMPosted by Midare

Just like real people! The funniest part is when I life gripped the mage out of the fire and she just walked back to her spot as if it was nothing... yup, just like real people.

But seriously, not only that, but also the fact that there's absolutely no time out of combat to at least let my mana regen a little, not even a second, even if we're waiting for the next wave... and that only on bronze and silver... the dps hardly can finish a wave before the next spawns in gold.

I laughed out loud the first time the Rogue NPC told the Hunter to get out of the fire.

Whichever dev was in charge of making that 4 man group as lifelike as possible with your run of the mill bad dungeon group deserves the utmost praise. They got it totally right.
    100 Blood Elf Paladin
    Holy pallys remember to use your divine plea on CD. Belfs use arcane torrent to interrupt pyroblasts and hand of protection on bleeds so you don't have to waste your fast heals on things other than the tank. During the last waves of gold with those hard hitting illusions you can use a stun/taunt kite rotation to keep pressure off tank, but he will taunt it back within 5 sec every time.
    I was able to get gold fairly easily on the first day... only 2 tries. I got to level 23 two or three times on the endless trial... but today, for some reason, i cant make it past 10. mana regen is an issue when it wasnt before...hotfix?

They buffed it after the first day, that's why some people said "I got it easily". Well, it's not easy now. I consider myself a very good healer, I've gotten many many compliments of "wow, you're awesome" throughout the years. But I didn't have time to do proving grounds on the first day, so I got to it after the hotfix.

I forgot to turn on Healbot on bronze (had to hit shift-V and do things the old fashioned way) and still did it easy. Remembered to turn it on for silver, breezed through it. But I can't do gold. I managed to get to 8/10 once, but I popped every cooldown I had and couldn't keep people up. Gold also requires you to do decent DPS while you're healing, which is very problematic for some classes (like mine). I have made about 60 attempts on gold, and I have not once managed to get to 8/10 again. I got very lucky with RNG that time, and since then my record is 6/10.

Some classes (like mine) also don't have things like hand of protection and thus if the tank gets the bleed on them while they are at 50%, it's over, you cannot save them. The bleed debuff works completely contrary to shaman mastery too. Shamans were designed at the start of Cata as a triage healer. But sadly they removed triage healing and we're back to just spamming our highest output spells like we were at the end of Wrath, only without the mana to support it. Shaman mastery is COMPLETELY worthless in proving grounds.

I can see healing gold being easier for classes that have absorbs (pally and disc priest), and for classes that can put out decent dps while healing (disc priest and monk). But shamans have it really rough in there, because the way our class is designed just doesn't work with the bleed debuff, you have to waste mana keeping people topped off.

I would say that most of the people that said it was easy got it before the hotfix. If you can just walk in and do it NOW with no preparation (ie, building a gear set specifically for it, getting the right food, flasks, being a class that has abilities that can cheese the bleed debuff), then you are Paragon or Blood Legion material and should join one of them.

This is one of the things that's making me consider being done with this game. It's not just a "I can't get gold so I'm quitting" ragequit, just another thing on top of the huge pile of things that irritate me. But I was hoping to have a lot of fun with proving grounds, I was hoping that, Timeless Isle, and the new raid would revive my interest in this game. Instead, it did the opposite. Proving grounds sounded SO good on paper, but in reality it's a stupid gimmick, and it's not any fun at all. Timeless Isle was boring as heck after about 30 minutes. The new raid is just...more of the same in new environments. I've been playing since early 2006, I think I'm done. This game has just become completely stale to me and isn't fun anymore. Logging in feels like a chore now.
    Edited by Vralok on 9/15/2013 11:20 AM PDT
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]