A vision in time cutscene bugged

(Locked)

90 Human Paladin
The cinematic appeared fine but the bug was there was no sound so you see Thrall and a bunch of orcs but have no idea what they are saying.
90 Human Paladin
^This...i guess ill keep it until they get it fixed...don't want to miss anything exciting
90 Human Hunter
I had this happen as well, and just assumed it was a really weird... silent... thing. Like, actually a -vision- and not having an audio half. Which struck me as odd and sort of cheap, but since it didn't have subtitles either (and I have subtitles on for cinematics) I figured it was just a quiet "infer what you can from these mostly-stock emotes" moment :T

Would definitely be better with audio though, haha.
90 Human Death Knight
I had the same problem so I had to have my character work on their lip reading skill. Don't think it worked really well though... it kept sounding like something from mystery science theater 3000.
90 Gnome Death Knight
I experienced the same issue, cutscene played with no sound.

After I completed the quest I went back to the isle and turned it in, but didn't receive a follow-up quest. According to wowhead there should have been another quest.

1. A Timeless Tour
2. The Essence of Time
3. Empowering the Hourglass
4.A Vision in Time
5. Refining The Vision
6. Seeking Fate
7. Hidden Threads
8. Courting Destiny
9. One Final Turn

Anyone else experience this or did I miss something?
90 Blood Elf Warlock
No cinematic subtitles (or sound) for me either.
Nor for 2 of my other friends.
90 Human Paladin
Militis, i believe each week you have to get the 50 epoch stones and a new part to the quest chain, i could be wrong though
Quality Assurance
There is intentionally no dialogue in this scene... I mean *COUGH COUGH* the timeways are hazy, you must unlock more secrets to unravel the mystery, go forth adventurers!
90 Human Paladin
Thanks for that Sapperwix :) now we know
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Just double-checking, but are you 100% sure? The scene's dialogue is provided in BroadcastText.dbc, but the cutscene has not implemented the lines.

I mean two possibilities: Either they (devs) started writing for the cutscenes and then decided not to add words/audio intentionally, or it was accidentally omitted.

The first explanation (they decided not to add the text and record audio) is the one you back, but I mean, I've seen all of the scenes on the PTR and I had no more idea what was going on at the end then I did at the start. If anything, I was more confused.

*semi-spoilers*
Without giving away real spoilers, none of it makes sense to me, so I'm not sure the point was conveyed very well. Like I understood the Visions in themselves mostly, but what does the final revelation even mean? How can that person be responsible? Why would they send you there if they knew what you were going to find?
*semi-spoilers*

If this is truly intended, then maybe my feedback would be better off elsewhere, but I think that there should be more context given. It doesn't even need to be within the cutscenes - but the quest giver should explain more and react more to your discoveries... I mean the things you see are pretty crazy and his dialogue (in the quest text) only covers it for like a single sentence.

Militis, i believe each week you have to get the 50 epoch stones and a new part to the quest chain, i could be wrong though

You are correct. It takes six weeks to see every scene.
Edited by Simca on 9/11/2013 2:55 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Warlock
SiX
To me it doesn't make sense to remove the dialogue when theres a file of it already made. Another post from a person on the PTR said there was dialogue on it. Can you please confirm with a developer? Also Simca could you provide a transcript of that file? I don't know where it's located.
90 Human Paladin
It would have been nice to know it is supposed to have no audio rather than having to do a Google search to find out it is "working as intended". It appears to be bugged, not intentional at all.
Some garbled voice audio would have been better to let us know it was intentional. I cancelled the cinematic because I thought it was just messing up. :(
90 Blood Elf Paladin
This is at the 'end' of the current BroadcastText.db2 file. There is no text for any of the other 5 cutscenes after this one in the files (though, only one had people talking after this).

Step aside, brothers. We must speak with Hellscream.
No one may enter the city. Not even you, Shaman.
Thrall? Varok? What business do you have here?
Strength and Honor, General. We come to speak with Garrosh. There may yet be hope for peace.
But...
Kor'kron! You are needed at the front!
NOW!
You know I can make no guarantee of your safety... or Garrosh's response.
Lok'tar Ogar, brothers.

I assigned the text to their owners as annonations in this somewhat-messy Youtube edit of the scene: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0szvJicCuss
Edited by Simca on 9/11/2013 11:50 PM PDT
90 Draenei Death Knight
That's just silly. It's not a "feature" if you're frantically changing settings because you think the game is bugged. No music, no dialogue, no sound effects, just a bit of background static?
90 Human Rogue
There is intentionally no dialogue in this scene... I mean *COUGH COUGH* the timeways are hazy, you must unlock more secrets to unravel the mystery, go forth adventurers!

Well... I can understand that but it certainly comes across as bugged! It's too long for that kind of total silence. Especially with obvious character gestures and dialog going on.

Maybe if there was at least some audio... dropping out here and there to wind noise or something.
90 Night Elf Druid
A voiceover of Kairoz explaining why you can't hear anything would help clear up the "bug" nature.
90 Human Rogue
A voiceover of Kairoz explaining why you can't hear anything would help clear up the "bug" nature.

Yep, even this would be fine...
90 Pandaren Monk

I assigned the text to their owners as annonations in this somewhat-messy Youtube edit of the scene: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0szvJicCuss

Only by watching this fan made video did the cutscene make any sense to me. Like Machineman and others I was thinking it was a bug that my audio cut out. Also, I did it right at the entrance when Lorewalker Cho had some RP dialogue and I thought that caused the cutscene to lose its dialog. I cancelled the cutscene and abandoned the quest. Then I reacquired the timepiece, only to discover the cinematic actually is missing dialogue.

If this was intentional, then the intention was to release content in a known incomplete state and cover it up with a bit of hand waving in the forums. My money is on subtitles showing up in a future hotfix if not full voice acting.
90 Draenei Paladin

Releasing unfinished content that has everyone thinking their sound is bugged.

Classy Blizzard.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]