Gold Proving Grounds (Damage)

90 Orc Hunter
It is way too easy. I finished it on my 2nd try only failing the first time because I used my CD's on the wrong wave.

I thought Gold is supposed to be hard and prove skill.....?
Reply Quote
77 Draenei Hunter
You are wearing challenge mode gear.

I'm not sure the Proving Grounds are meant for you.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Actually endless is suppose to be hard and prove skill. Go get the achievement for 30 waves on that.
Reply Quote
94 Night Elf Hunter
It is way too easy. I finished it on my 2nd try only failing the first time because I used my CD's on the wrong wave.

most of your gear is heroic/reg ToT. Proving Grounds is meant to be a place to test your build and serve in a way as a gearcheck. For me, I sort of skirt by until by 7-8 wave and end up running out of time. Checking those who got gold, either got Reg/heroic ToT gear. For me (being in a majority of LFR gear) might want to hit the Reg ToT/Flex SoO to get higher DPS
Reply Quote
55 Worgen Mage

most of your gear is heroic/reg ToT. Proving Grounds is meant to be a place to test your build and serve in a way as a gearcheck. For me, I sort of skirt by until by 7-8 wave and end up running out of time. Checking those who got gold, either got Reg/heroic ToT gear. For me (being in a majority of LFR gear) might want to hit the Reg ToT/Flex SoO to get higher DPS

Proving grounds scale your gear down
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
ITT: Someone complains on patch day.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
but it scales down to 463 so like why would it matter if my gears 500+ or 480+

It still gets scaled down.
Reply Quote
94 Night Elf Hunter

Proving grounds scale your gear down

oh, then in a way, our buddy is in Challenge mode gear which sort of puts it...I'm guessing either I need to get help or i'm doing it way wrong on wave 7-8 :\
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
gold is faceroll until you get to the sha adds and then its simple, wait until shield is down, pop CDs

GG.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Proving grounds is meant to provide an environment for players to try a role that they are not familiar with without the pressures of not wanting to let a group down. Looking at your achievements, you are obviously an accomplished DPS'er, so:

I'm not sure the Proving Grounds are meant for you.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
You probably are better than the PGs, anyway.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
ranged class? check.
permanent pet? check.
most retarded spec of said ranged pet class? check.

Pick up a less autopilot class and see if it's still as simple.

I really wish they'd made instances tuned to specs for the dps challenges.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]