Legendary cloak and blizz

(Locked)

Community Manager
But seriously it's one boss you might want to do at least once or twice for some loot. You're not missing out on much and you can always just like Goblin Glider over to the area to see it (unless they fixed that since the last time I was on the PTR which is highly likely).

It's possible to get to the area where Ordos is through select means, but there's a frequent pulse that kicks everyone without a cloak out of the area. :)
Community Manager
Will there be a new legendary quest for those of us that were just getting started when it was taken away?

The entire quest chain is still available, and most of it has been updated so that it can be completed running 5.4 content. Check out the Wowhead guide I linked in my previous post: http://www.wowhead.com/news=217993/mists-of-pandaria-legendary-quest-guide-updated-for-5-4
90 Undead Death Knight
I'm fine with Ordos being exclusive as he is centered around progression, what I'm NOT happy with is rares being cut off, especially ones that drop awesome pets.

Nevermind; apparently birds.
Edited by Mesorem on 9/10/2013 7:38 PM PDT
90 Human Hunter
09/10/2013 07:28 PMPosted by Zarhym
Will there be a new legendary quest for those of us that were just getting started when it was taken away?

The entire quest chain is still available, and most of it has been updated so that it can be completed running 5.4 content. Check out the Wowhead guide I linked in my previous post: http://www.wowhead.com/news=217993/mists-of-pandaria-legendary-quest-guide-updated-for-5-4

How about updating it so older content will drop the quest items too? That would certainly help progression on those steps, if we could get others to run the older raids of course. (Or does it do that already and I missed that?)
Community Manager
It is really a way to make casual gamers feel they are worthless yet again.

You can absolutely be a casual gamer and still get the legendary cloak. It was specifically designed to work that way (i.e. items that drop in raids still drop in LFR).

I consider myself a very casual gamer and have still been steadily making progress on the quest chain, none of which was done through anything higher than LFR raid difficulty.
90 Night Elf Priest
I consider myself a very casual gamer and have still been steadily making progress on the quest chain, none of which was done through anything higher than LFR raid difficulty.

Filthy casuals shouldn't get their own NPCs.

/sarcasm
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Human Mage
Let me know when it's updated so it can be completed without doing any PvP :).

(I don't actually expect that to happen, but that's why I chose not to pursue it.)

“I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.”
– George Bernard Shaw
Community Manager
It is correct that you need the legendary cloak to fight Fire-God Ordos. It's not half of the Timeless Isle. It's one boss -- literally one thing on the isle you can't access without the legendary cloak. You can still get to the area surrounding Ordos using the Albatrosses.

Not entiiiiirely true. There's a decent chunk of the island locked off to those without the cloak that includes a few rares and treasure chests. I'm more upset about that fact than not being able to kill Ordos on day 1. In fact, I actually think this was a neat idea, I'm just beating myself up over letting myself fall behind on the cloak.

I would just prefer that those extra goodies weren't locked off. Sadly, despite there being easy methods to get to that section, once you enter the walled off area you get ported out.

Have you tried getting an Albatross to drop you off? You should be able to do everything over there without a legendary cloak, short of fighting Ordos, (edit) and the crazy-good-loot chest.
Edited by Zarhym on 9/10/2013 7:38 PM PDT
90 Undead Death Knight
09/10/2013 07:34 PMPosted by Zarhym

Not entiiiiirely true. There's a decent chunk of the island locked off to those without the cloak that includes a few rares and treasure chests. I'm more upset about that fact than not being able to kill Ordos on day 1. In fact, I actually think this was a neat idea, I'm just beating myself up over letting myself fall behind on the cloak.

I would just prefer that those extra goodies weren't locked off. Sadly, despite there being easy methods to get to that section, once you enter the walled off area you get ported out.

Have you tried getting an Albatross to drop you off? You should be able to do everything over there without a legendary cloak, short of fighting Ordos, (edit) and the crazy-good-loot chest.

How would one go about getting an albatross to carry you up there? I would search around the isle myself but it's quite laggy and there isn't much information about the small stuff yet.
90 Human Paladin

(I don't actually expect that to happen, but that's why I chose not to pursue it.)

“I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.”
– George Bernard Shaw

Or make it possible doing it with out doing any pve? Its perfectly within reason that a legendary item should have you doing something out of your comfort zone to obtain it, even if its the casual legendary....
90 Worgen Mage

How about updating it so older content will drop the quest items too? That would certainly help progression on those steps, if we could get others to run the older raids of course. (Or does it do that already and I missed that?)

Why would you need that? Timeless Isle lets you get up to 496, enough to let you run any LFR up to Siege of Orgrimmar.

Everything from 5.0 raids up to the first 8 bosses of Siege drop Sigils.

Everything from ToT to the first 8 bosses of Siege drops Secrets (with a guaranteed drop from Lei Shen)

The last 6 of ToT and first 8 of SoO drop Runestones (With a guaranteed drop from Lei Shen).

Once the first 2 wings of SoO open up you won't really even need to run the 5.0 raids except for the Terrace of Endless Spring for the Chimera of Fear.
90 Tauren Death Knight
I just want the chest in Ordos' area. ;_;
90 Pandaren Priest
Or make it possible doing it with out doing any pve? Its perfectly within reason that a legendary item should have you doing something out of your comfort zone to obtain it, even if its the casual legendary....

Legendaries have always been the purview of PvE.
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Human Mage

Or make it possible doing it with out doing any pve?

Sure. In general, I prefer that the game let you play the parts you enjoy, rather than trying to drive you into the parts you don't.

I mean, it's not a big deal. I dislike PvP more than I like shiny things, so I opted out. But I think a better solution would have been a quest path that allowed people to stick to the parts of the game they like. After all, many of us have been playing for many years -- it's not as if we don't know what we like.

– George Bernard Shaw
90 Tauren Monk

In my experience it's pretty much impossible to actually go anywhere an albatross. If you manage to get picked up by one, someone else will immediately attack it and then the albatross drops to the ground and won't move until it's killed.

It'd be great if they could go immune to damage for a while after they're pulled, or if they could just ignore everyone besides the one who pulled them.
90 Human Paladin
09/10/2013 07:42 PMPosted by Mesorem
How would one go about getting an albatross to carry you up there? I would search around the isle myself but it's quite laggy and there isn't much information about the small stuff yet.
Near the entrance to the Celestial Arena and the quest guy there's a white bird that flies by every once in a while (pretty often really!). Just throw a knife at it or something and it'll pick you up and slowly carry you around the island. Make sure to stop attacking! When you want to get off just attack it and it'll put you close to the ground. =)

If you try to get into the Sanctuary via goblin glider or albatross it'll port you out before you can do anything, but you can use that to do the Rolo's thingy.
90 Night Elf Druid
They had to do something to make the cloak you already had in 5.3 in conjunction with not getting legendary weapons worthwhile, right?
Take off your PvP requirement for your legendary quest. It's what's holding me back from finishing, forced PvP is no bueno, I didn't transfer to a PvE server for no reason. >.<

I honestly could care less that the story explains fighting between the two factions, it's quite obvious by now that Alliance and Horde don't get along, you've only had 4 expansions explaining this.
90 Tauren Druid
Zarhym, if you're still there, tell me why Wrathion gave me a cloak with a healer enchantment.

I don't have that kind of gold on my horde character to just buy a new one...
90 Undead Death Knight
09/10/2013 07:49 PMPosted by Syelli
Near the entrance to the Celestial Arena and the quest guy there's a white bird that flies by every once in a while (pretty often really!). Just throw a knife at it or something and it'll pick you up and slowly carry you around the island. Make sure to stop attacking! When you want to get off just attack it and it'll put you close to the ground. =)

If you try to get into the Sanctuary via goblin glider or albatross it'll port you out before you can do anything, but you can use that to do the Rolo's thingy.

Thank ya.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]