Spelurk - Mysterious Den - How do you get in?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
So the tattered note says:

I have tried everything to remove this cave-in! Black Ox give me fortitude, I cannot move even a single rock. Perhaps if I were to borrow one of the great weapons of legend from the temple grounds...

The temple that the note is referring to is ambiguous, but given the mention of the "Black Ox", I'd assume it's referring to the Temple of Niuzao in Townlong Steppes. But at this point, I'm out of ideas.

Yes, I know mages and druids can exploit their way in. I'm looking for the correct way to open it. Anyone figure it out yet?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
I haven't seen anyone break the rocks, but I've seen people with a buff called the Rock-Breaking Hammer. Not sure where to get it, though
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
AFAK that's the 5 minute buff you get by clicking the hammer on the inside. If someone else opens the cave, you can walk in for a period of time and click the hammer (or stay inside waiting for the cave-in to respawn).
Edited by Moìra on 9/11/2013 7:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
09/11/2013 07:46 AMPosted by Moìra
the great weapons of legend from the temple

Warglaives? Wow, wouldn't that suck?

Hmm, weapons sound more like Xuen, maybe look around the Temple of the White Tiger. It could be a dungeon drop from Temple of the Jade Serpent or Siege at Niuzou Temple.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
You need to find a weapon or armor on ground that give a limited time spell and use it on the rocks to get in.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Human Paladin
There is a hammer inside the cave. If you really want, you could just wait inside the cave until the rocks appear to cover the opening again, pick up the hammer and then click the rockslide to summon Spelurk.

Otherwise, there are the four artifacts found on the Isle you need to collect for the Timeless Legends achievement. Comments on wowhead indicate that picking up one of those will give you an extra action button you use to break the rocks. I can't personally confirm that, as I did the waiting in the cave bit. When I found one of the artifacts, the rocks weren't there to test it on. =/
Edited by Lull on 9/15/2013 1:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Can confirm the four artifacts found on the Isle you need to collect for the Timeless Legends achievement do open it up.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Can confirm the four artifacts found on the Isle you need to collect for the Timeless Legends achievement do open it up.
Same. There is one that spawns right to the west of the cave on the side of the little mountain thing, too. Just look around for giant sparklies, they're obvious once you see one.

P.S. there's also one that spawns on the debris of the bridge.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Someone in guild said you could Displacer Beast / Blink inside to get the hammer =p

Dunno if that actually works, but I trust them.

Edit: Wow I totally didn't read the OP

but yea, Time Lost Artifacts / Hammer only way inside =p
Edited by Carbuncle on 10/3/2013 2:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Shaman
http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=8784

Any items listed here, most upvoted comment has all co-ordinates for their spawn locations.

Personally, I think it is really cool.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
Yes the rock breaking hammer can be found in the cave on the left side so its kinda hidden and also there will be a sturdy chest on the opposite side occasionally

I haven't seen anyone break the rocks, but I've seen people with a buff called the Rock-Breaking Hammer. Not sure where to get it, though
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
1. Find mage.

2. Have said mage Blink through rocks and grab hammer, then right-click rocks.

3. Profit.

;)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
There is a hammer inside the cave. If you really want, you could just wait inside the cave until the rocks appear to cover the opening again, pick up the hammer and then click the rockslide to summon Spelurk.

Otherwise, there are the four artifacts found on the Isle you need to collect for the Timeless Legends achievement. Comments on wowhead indicate that picking up one of those will give you an extra action button you use to break the rocks. I can't personally confirm that, as I did the waiting in the cave bit. When I found one of the artifacts, the rocks weren't there to test it on. =/

*I* can personally confirm they work to break the cave-in. I do it all the time. If I find one, I go check to see if the cave-in is there.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
09/11/2013 07:46 AMPosted by Moìra
Yes, I know mages and druids can exploit their way in. I'm looking for the correct way to open it.

1. Find mage.

2. Have said mage Blink through rocks and grab hammer, then right-click rocks.

3. Profit.
Looks like someone didn't read the OP.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Looks like someone didn't read the OP.

Looks like you're correct ;)
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Rogue
Sweet! the artifact buffs let you open the cave?? I learn something every day :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]