Timeless Isle Coin Farming

90 Tauren Hunter
What do you guys think is a better way to farm coins as a crappy geared huntard, killing regular 90 mobs quickly or taking more time on elites?

Thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
join in on group kills, every rare elite is universal tag and can reward anywhere from 50 to 1000 coins, especially Evermaw, the giant whale shark that circles the island.

Otherwise, poke about for Moss Covered Chests, they're everywhere and can have like 300 some coins.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
Picking up the chests at these locations:

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2013/september/legendaryInAnHourMap.jpg

And farming frogs.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
OK, thanks guys!

This may be a silly question, but isn't everyone running around looking for chests? LOL...

Also, I heard in tells that most of the chests are limited to one lifetime loot per character. Is that true?
Edited by Bulror on 9/10/2013 8:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
It doesn't matter if someone else loots the chest, as long as you haven't looted it, it'll be accessible to you.

I'm not sure on the lifetime loot thing. It may be true.
Reply Quote
Yes all the chests besides 3 daily and 2 weekly chests are one time loot only so arent a really good source of anything.

Farming gulp frogs..
forever

thats how you earn timeless coins.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
LOL, okie dokie...How much are these froggies worth? Also, you save up 7.5K coins and get an armor piece that may be a slot you've gotten before? Is that right? I've gotten two slightly different legs so far...

Also also...How often do the epic armor pieces drop from rare mobs?

Thanks!
Edited by Bulror on 9/10/2013 10:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Also also...How often do the epic armor pieces drop from rare mobs?
Thanks!

Fairly often. In farming the 5000 coins for the legendary quest (All on turtles on the west coast of the isle) I pulled 13 various item pieces. The trick is getting ones that are the right armor type.
Reply Quote
53 Draenei Shaman
Yes all the chests besides 3 daily and 2 weekly chests are one time loot only so arent a really good source of anything.

This actually isn't true, my main got the achieve for finding all the chests on day one, and has been finding the odd moss-covered now and then since (usually 1-3 a day).

As well as she's found a smoldering chest here and there since too.

So far as I know, only the Blazing Chest in Ordos' Sanctuary is a lifetime loot. Everything else can come back, just at varying times.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Throw on some pvp gear and farm bloody coins. They are much more fun.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Throw on some pvp gear and farm bloody coins. They are much more fun.

keep your pve gear on, it's better for isle pvp
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage

Farming gulp frogs..
forever

Which chests are dailys and weekys?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Never ending frog farming

Watch those poison stacks!
Edited by Kezmaefele on 9/18/2013 9:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage

This actually isn't true, my main got the achieve for finding all the chests on day one, and has been finding the odd moss-covered now and then since (usually 1-3 a day).

So far as I know, only the Blazing Chest in Ordos' Sanctuary is a lifetime loot. Everything else can come back, just at varying times.

There are like 40+ moss covered chests. Are you sure that you aren't looting chests you missed, seeing as how the achieve only requires 15 i believe
Reply Quote
- Hearthstone
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Join a rep farm group, everyone gets coins from every mob that dies, the elites can drop 50+ coins each. Plus you get rep, at honored you get a quest that rewards a free burden.
Reply Quote
9 Undead Mage
Farming gulp frogs..
forever

Pretty much this. Gulp Frogs are my no. 1 kill target.
Reply Quote
95 Undead Rogue
If you're not thrilled with the frogs, there's an alternate -- though lesser effective -- method of farming coins... it requires that you have skinning. When you kill anything on the isle that is skinnable, your initial loot of the corpse gives some coins... and when you skin it you get more coins as well.

Ironfur Grazer, Ironfrun Great Breat Bull and the Imperial Python just a few examples. I the cash, the skins to sell (plus whatever else shows up like Dew of Eternal Morning, etc.) and additional coins. The Grazer usually gives me about 5-10, then the skinning is about the same... nice little 'double dip' if you're not heavily pressed for time -- a rather casual stroll around slaughtering innocent animals for everything they're worth -- literally.

Just a thought.
:-)

Edit: To clarify the above, my 'average' with the above method is right around 15 coins per skinnable kill. Also, with skinning do not fail to skinn every corpse you find... great way to get extras for almost zero work. Finally the sprites on the upper level are also skinnable and my average with them runs very close to 20 coins @. Not many others seem to bother with them so I pretty much get them all to myself. Hope that helps a little.
Edited by Aberzombie on 9/18/2013 10:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter

There are like 40+ moss covered chests. Are you sure that you aren't looting chests you missed, seeing as how the achieve only requires 15 i believe

They Have changed it to 17 chests required, and once you have looted a moss covered chest you WILL NOT be able to loot it again ever on that toon period. If you are still finding them you did not loot it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Option number three: Join a turtle farming group. Also, you should do the quests. Many of them offer quite a few Timeless Coins, and one even rewards an armor token of your choice (plate, mail, etc).

Killing rares whenever possible can get you a considerable number of coins, and chests also contain coins. If you have skinning or mining, that too offers coins (I'm sure herbing works the same way, but haven't yet taken my herbalist to the isle).
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
1) Loot all chests: They are everywhere. Each chest is a once per character loot, with the exception of three special weekly chests (they are the ones marked on your minimap with a chest icon, such as the one you jump the pillars to reach..)

2) Quests: The first half dozen quests on the island net you several thousand coins, and are very quick to complete. They gradually get more time-consuming as you work through the quest chain.

3) Rare Elites: This is going to be your best source of quick and large coin gains, assuming you are lucky enough to detect the spawn and get there fast enough to tag the mob. Especially focus on the big three, Houlon, Dreadship, and Evermaw. I've rarely seen less than about 500-700 coins per kill, and, unlike chests, they can be continually farmed..

4) Normal Elites: The most notable mob for quick respawns, easy kills, and decent coingains is the Gulp Frog, on the east coast of the isle. They typically drop around 50-75 coins per kill. There is usually a lot of competition from other farmers, and it is advisable to talk others in the area into joining in a group to farm, so you all get to loot ach others' kills...Also, knowledge that the place is a preferred farm spot also lures in a lot of PVP action, so you may go from farming timeless coins to being farmed for bloody coins... D:
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]