timeless curio...

(Locked)

90 Night Elf Death Knight
Ditto - my elemental shaman for whom I have never been healing got that item. So sad :(
90 Night Elf Priest
That said, while I see why you're going after the critical strike, the Contemplation of Chi-Ji is also considered to be viable for DPS, as Spirit counts towards your Spell Hit rating. That's why it's possible to get that trinket while in Elemental spec.

The ignorance is overwhelming.
90 Draenei Mage
i'm guessing that it is an error on their side as I just had a similar problem on my shaman. I was in elemental spec, and I set my loot specialization back to elemental, and the game gave me Contemplation of Chi-Ji

Why is this a problem for an elemental shaman? Int is key, and spirit attributes to your hit rating, so what's the problem?
What's your loot specilization set to?
90 Gnome Warlock
@Arraeis... The problem is.. Anyone at this stage of the game would already have their spell hit rating at the appropriate level which is 15%... Why would anyone want more than that from an On Use Trinket?
90 Night Elf Priest
i'm guessing that it is an error on their side as I just had a similar problem on my shaman. I was in elemental spec, and I set my loot specialization back to elemental, and the game gave me Contemplation of Chi-Ji

Why is this a problem for an elemental shaman? Int is key, and spirit attributes to your hit rating, so what's the problem?

An on-use hit effect is utterly useless. Think about it.. the amount of spirit on that trinket alone is over the hit cap, so you have two options. You can either have no hit but be able to hit your target for 15 seconds every minute and a half... or you can have some amount of hit and only be certain you'll hit your target for 15 seconds every minute and a half, with the vast remainder of that hit rating going to complete waste.

There's not even anything to which I can properly compare it. Spell hit is the one stat in the game that, past a certain point, has absolutely no purpose.
90 Night Elf Priest
The idea that they would promote this trinket as "viable for dps" is so ludicrous, it boggles the mind. There has to be some technical issue here. Like with their horrible explanation for why the LFR satchels are virtually unobtainable, this has to be a cover-up for something technical that they can't/won't fix.
90 Troll Mage
Taken from: http://icy-veins.com/elemental-shaman-wow-pve-dps-statistics-priority-reforging

The stat priority for an Elemental Shaman is:

Hit Rating or Spirit (until the 15% hit cap);
Intellect;
Mastery Rating;
Haste Rating;
Critical Strike Rating.

Taken from: http://icy-veins.com/balance-druid-wow-pve-dps-statistics-priority-reforging

The stat priority for a Balance Druid is:

Intellect;
Hit Rating or Spirit (until 15% chance to hit);
Haste Rating (until haste cap, see below);
Critical Strike Rating;
Haste Rating;
Mastery Rating.

Working as intended. /thread

/facepalm

Who equips a trinket that proc's hit rating as dps? Most are capped anyway, the proc is just a waste. They need the dps version of the trinket.
90 Pandaren Priest
My priest in Shadow spec and shadow loot spec just got Contemplation of Chi-Ji as well!

Is this a case of "you're a priest, you get the healer trink"?

Hanlon's razor applies here:
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

It's a bug. Has anyone tried filing a GM ticket on these yet?
90 Draenei Mage
@Arraeis... The problem is.. Anyone at this stage of the game would already have their spell hit rating at the appropriate level which is 15%... Why would anyone want more than that from an On Use Trinket?

That's not necessarily true. There are probably quite a few people who are bringing their toons to the isle to get geared and perhaps haven't reforged or done anything with that toon to make sure they're at their cap. Just saying that it's not a useless trinket for an ele shaman.
90 Pandaren Priest
Just saying that it's not a useless trinket for an ele shaman.

Uh, the uptime is extremely low. You're right that it's not "useless" but it's about as useful as chopsticks for eating jello. Sure, you can do it, but it's terrible.
90 Human Paladin
09/17/2013 12:00 PMPosted by Arraeis

That's not necessarily true. There are probably quite a few people who are bringing their toons to the isle to get geared and perhaps haven't reforged or done anything with that toon to make sure they're at their cap. Just saying that it's not a useless trinket for an ele shaman.

No dps would ever use a hit proc trinket. It puts you over hit cap even if you have zero hit rating, and it is not reliable. Hit proc items simply do not exist for dps classes, hybrid or not. It's an obvious bug (assuming these players DID actually have their loot spec set correctly).

The one GM response posted earlier is wrong. GM's are not always right, and many just throw the default copy/paste response at you if you have a problem.
90 Gnome Priest

It's absolutely useless for ANY caster dps. Even if they are not hit capped. As soon as they get decent enough gear to spend the gold reforging, its suddenly a pointless trinket that they spent a burden of eternity on.
90 Tauren Druid
I've gotten two of the healing trinkets on my warlock, so...yeah.....gotta be a bug.
52 Orc Shaman
same here, on my spriest, spec shadows, loot spec shadows, trinket ...comtemplation of Chi-ji, and i already have it...
The Chi-Ji trinket is very clearly a healer only trinket.

Anyone who is dps'ing and relying on an on-use effect to reach hit cap is doing it wrong.

Ele Shamans, Moonking Druids and Shadow Priests should all be getting the crit trinket from the Curio if that is what their loot spec is set too.

GM's have a history of being wrong about in-game things, this is one of those things.

Anybody trying to defend this ask yourself this question?
If the DPS trinkets for agi/str/int all had a huge +hit on use/proc for 15seconds, would you want it or even use it for anything other than getting past an ilvl barrier?
90 Night Elf Death Knight
*Serves Jell-O with chopsticks*
Enjoy kiddies, now don't use your fingers!
That trinket is pretty bogus for caster dps class imho. Haste, crit, mastery, int proc i could see as justifiable but spirit= hit and that's not good, not good at all.
80 Blood Elf Death Knight
Same Happened to my shadow priest. Got the spirit trinket. I opened a ticket in fury. While waiting for my ticket to process. I opened another one and got the dps one. That's luck for ya. I canceled the ticket, and since then I received 3 other Curios, which i sent to an alt.
90 Human Death Knight
Do you even play a shaman? maybe a mage should get that trinket. There would be a hot fix quick.
90 Draenei Mage
09/17/2013 12:11 PMPosted by Dremel
Do you even play a shaman? maybe a mage should get that trinket. There would be a hot fix quick.

Yes, I do have a shaman. And my shaman has that trinket. From my perspective I didn't see it as utterly useless. You don't need to be hateful. And from what I've gathered from reading the responses, I'm obviously not correct for the statement I made. But I'm able to admit when I'm wrong and misinformed. I have no problem with that.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]