Treasures on the Timeless Isle Mini Map

90 Dwarf Priest
I spent some time last night playing around on the new isle with my Priest, exploring and killing lots of stuff. The first thing I noticed on the isle was all of the nodes that appeared on my mini map, marking anything on the ground that was lootable with a yellow dot (sand piles, ordon supplies, moss-covered chests, etc.).

Today, I brought my Shaman and my Warlock onto the isle, but for some reason, they don't see the same yellow dots on the map that my Priest saw. Definitely makes it a lot more difficult to find moss-covered chests and other goodies. They still see the new icons for the bigger chests and rare mobs, but no yellow dots for the small caches.

What's going on? My first thought was that my Priest is a Dwarf, but Treasure Finding hasn't had that function in years, as far as I know, I thought all races could see treasures on their mini maps now. Then I thought it might be an addon, so I disabled them all but that didn't affect anything either.

Anyone know why my Priest sees things on the mini map that my other toons can't?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Having the same issue. I can see all the rares and chests on my pally's mini-map, but not on this monk. I've tracking and untracking point of interests, but that's not it.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
Having the same issue. I can see all the rares and chests on my pally's mini-map, but not on this monk. I've tracking and untracking point of interests, but that's not it.

I just can't figure out what it is, all the mini map tracking settings are the same between my characters. I'm missing out on a lot of coins and gear tokens by not seeing the nodes on my map on my lesser geared toons that need it more.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
09/12/2013 04:37 AMPosted by Flintte

I just can't figure out what it is, all the mini map tracking settings are the same between my characters. I'm missing out on a lot of coins and gear tokens by not seeing the nodes on my map on my lesser geared toons that need it more.

For me, it was an addon issue. I've since resolved it.

First step, disable them and see if the icons reappear.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
What icons? I don't see any icons.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
09/12/2013 05:59 AMPosted by Barru

For me, it was an addon issue. I've since resolved it.

First step, disable them and see if the icons reappear.

I did disable them, still can't see them on other toons. I also have no problem seeing them on my Priest even with all my addons up.
Reply Quote
78 Night Elf Warrior
Maybe Explorer has something to do with it without showing in actual tool-tip?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
uhm, dwarf treasure find racial perhaps? >.>
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
You should be ashamed to call yourselves dwarves! this human above me knows your secrets, but you don't. shame, shame...
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
actually... i just loged on my dwarf to check this... and that racial doesnt exist anymore, it was replaced with http://www.wowhead.com/spell=92682 , so i have no idea why he can see the treasures in the minimap in the first place :S
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
While yes, the racial was removed, those who had a Dwarf with it on can still track treasure.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I am also having trouble with this. Has anyone found a fix? I've tried disabling addons and even removing them completely from the interface folder but nothing changes.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
09/12/2013 06:44 PMPosted by Madj
uhm, dwarf treasure find racial perhaps?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest

That's what I thought at first, but I was pretty sure that the racial doesn't function like that anymore, it only gives a bonus to Archaeology.

While yes, the racial was removed, those who had a Dwarf with it on can still track treasure.

Hmm really? Interesting. I thought all players could track treasure chests on their mini map now, so that's why I was surprised that only my Priest could track them. I guess it's a nice bonus then.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
I tried it on my Dwarf Mage, he didn't see the nodes on the map either. It's only my Priest. But my Mage was made in Cataclysm, after they changed the racial. Still, it would seem really weird that the only characters that can see the nodes are Dwarves that were made before Cata.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin

they removed that awhile back:O(
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin

Odd, I certainly cant on any of dwarf toons.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
I havent had anything show up on my mini map on the island yet.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]