New healer (End game) Advice?

90 Pandaren Monk
Hi there! I'm Fluffy and this character is the first healing character i've ever gotten to 90, and I've been healing LFRs recently. I was wondering if any of you pro healers out there have any advice or tips for a newbie like me.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Welcome, Fluffy!

Tips:

- press "Escape" to get to the game menu, then Interface > Raid Frames. Enable them, and play with the options there. Raid Frames make healing easier, especially at level cap, because of how they display debuffs etc (and you can move them around on your screen to wherever you want them, unlike party frames). You don't have to be doing a raid thing to use Raid Frames.

There are other addons you can use, which with a bit of effort can make your raid frames appear & display everything EXACTLY the way you want to (VuhDo, Grid, Healbot), but if you're not ready to jump in on that right away, at *least* try the in-game Blizzard Raid Frame option.

- Practice using your *cooldowns* even when they're not needed for survival. You have to build muscle memory for them so you can know to reach for them in clutch moments, when the time *does* come. So... Life Cocoon, Chi Brew, etc... Use them! Just... whenever, at first! Eventually, you'll start thinking to use them at specifically useful moments. But you gotta start somewhere.

- Never give up. Does it look like a wipe? KEEP HEALING (you'll eventually get to a point where those panic moments are when you reach for your cooldowns effectively!)

have fun :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]