Taran Zhu the unkillable.

Sooo lets see how many times he should have died.

Shado-pan Monastary where we forced the sha out of him, liu flameheart and multiple other pandas died after forcing the sha that deep out of them.

Thunder Isle, is almost bleeding out and lives.

Vale of eternal blossoms gets impaled by gorehowl.

3 times this guy has survived, I'm sorry but it was all a set back and now I have no respect for this character.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Shado-pan Monastary where we forced the sha out of him, liu flameheart and multiple other pandas died after forcing the sha that deep out of them.

You don't become the leader of the Shado-Pan without being pretty badass. Nothing against Liu Flameheart, Gu Cloudstrike, and Suna Silentstrike, but it may be that they just weren't as strong as Taran Zhu.

Yalia was right there and she's a priest. She easily could have stabilized him as soon as we left. He wanted for Jaina and Lorthe'mar to see him wounded, having taken those wounds holding the line for their forces.

My guess is Garrosh intentionally spared him, so Taran could see his land ravaged and know that he failed.

I have a pet theory that if we get a 5.5, it will involve Taran Zhu becoming the new Emperor of Pandaria with the blessing of Shaohao and ruling it as a independent nation.
Edited by Taelen on 9/12/2013 3:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/12/2013 03:23 PMPosted by Taelen

You don't become the leader of the Shado-Pan without being pretty badass. Nothing against Liu Flameheart, Gu Cloudstrike, and Suna Silentstrike, but it may be that they just weren't as strong as Taran Zhu.

Yalia was right there and she's a priest. She easily could have stabilized him as soon as we left. He wanted for Jaina and Lorthe'mar to see him wounded, having taken those wounds holding the line for their forces.

My guess is Garrosh intentionally spared him, so Taran could see his land ravaged and know that he failed.

I have a pet theory that if we get a 5.5, it will involve Taran Zhu becoming the new Emperor of Pandaria with the blessing of Shaohao and ruling it as a independent nation.

Did you not see the giant explosion of death that killed that butterfly... how does he live that.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Did you not see the giant explosion of death that killed that butterfly... how does he live that.

The same way Garrosh survived being at ground zero, I would imagine.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
09/12/2013 03:25 PMPosted by Darmonic

garrosh was standing right next to him and he walked away just fine.

also, it here were a new pandaren emporer, lorewalker cho fits the bill better than taran zhu, although taran zhu deserves it way more
Reply Quote
89 Undead Warlock
I kinda like how unkillable Taran Zhu is. It's almost a gag for him, to be massively wounded in the patch only to recover in time for the next.

Magic?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
I kinda like how unkillable Taran Zhu is. It's almost a gag for him, to be massively wounded in the patch only to recover in time for the next.

Magic?

The magic of being stronger then a mere butterfly, I would say. One can take out a butterfly with a book if so inclined <although that's quite mean>, but that doesn't mean smacking a person with a book would kill them.

I personally enjoy his iron fortitude, so I have no issues with it. Sometimes someone can take a lot of wounds and live, especially in a world with magical healing thrown into the mix.
Reply Quote
89 Undead Warlock
but that doesn't mean smacking a person with a book would kill them.

It can. It just requires very exact circumstances. Like it being an undead child who has mostly rotten away.
Reply Quote
72 Blood Elf Warlock
KIREL NARAK! I AM MAL'GANIS!

*entire population of Pandaria drops their jaws*
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
09/12/2013 03:39 PMPosted by Ximothy
but that doesn't mean smacking a person with a book would kill them.

It can. It just requires very exact circumstances. Like it being an undead child who has mostly rotten away.

Don't do that! You could damage a n important source of knowledge that way. If you want to kill someone like that, use a tree branch or something. Books are too precious and valuable to used in such a heinous way.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
All that fat panda blubber.

We thought it was his heart, but it was just flabby flesh.
Reply Quote
66 Blood Elf Warlock

I would be happy with this. Taran displays the ability to get feisty and assertive when he needs to. Not a fan of the way Blizzard has made other faction leaders respond to him, but standing on his own I think he would make a great official leader for his people.
Reply Quote
I just mean this is getting frustrating how many times he should have died.

Also Liu flameheart can call upon the inner power of the Jade Serpent I am sure she is much stronger then Taran Zhu.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I swear I'm like the only person who like Taran Zhu
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
I swear I'm like the only person who like Taran Zhu
Nah, I like him too. I think he hits the war between the Horde and Alliance right on the head. Every retaliation is an act of aggression, every act of aggression merits immediate retaliation. Ad infinitum.

Of course, him having the gall to be miffed at the people dragging his land into their devastating war can only be punished by death. Then reanimation. Then re-death.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue

Lol. I like Taran Zhu, but this would be pretty dang funny.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
Let's be realistic.

Very few people die from being impaled by an axe for the sheer fact that isn't how an axe works.

Also, look at Gorehowl. There isn't really a blade at the top, which is obviously where Taran was impaled by his positioning.

So he got a superficial wound, it's still a gut wound which would bleed quite a bit, but it's superficial in that 'He's not in immediate danger of dying.'
Edited by Iraalius on 9/12/2013 6:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
09/12/2013 04:08 PMPosted by Jirard
You don't become the leader of the Shado-Pan without being pretty badass.

Defying logical storytelling doesn't make you badass.

It makes you a terrible character.

How is it illogical? No one said Sha removal is automatic death. You would need to be strong to survive and Taran has proved he has a powerful will. I see no point in letting him die on Thunder Isle. He didn't obtain any wounds that should indicate death. For the final turn, we've seen characters get stabbed and survive. That and Garrosh was allowing him to live so he obviously was kept alive.

Taran has to be shown his errors and live with it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

...Frankly, I would not be the least bit surprised. In fact, for all we know, he's probably having Garrosh taken away to the legion's hideout, to make him the new leader of the new demonic Horde.
Edited by Cassima on 9/12/2013 7:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]