5.4 Cooking Recipes

90 Troll Rogue
Ok, I am asking this here as I cannot find a single thing about it on the Internets. No idea why I am asking you guys, this forum is pretty useless as far as actual information goes and yet, this is my last resource.

You guys are my very last resource, how does that make you feel? Anyway, here is the crux of my problem.

Seasoned Pomfruit Slices
Mango Ice
Fluffy Silkfeather Omelet
Stuffed Lushrooms
etc...

You get the ingrediants from the Vale of Eternity rares, which drop and yet I cannot find where or how to get the scroll to craft these recipes! Where are they?! How do I acquire them? Is there a trainer? Is there a drop? There is no information apart from the actual recipe on how to obtain this.

Again, my last resource but I am seriously doubtful. I mean if this was a hug the person below you thread, have at it and I am sure it would be immensely popular but as such, I am your above average Azeroth Citizen with a legitimate concern. I fully expect nothing but disappointment here but go ahead, surprise me.
Edited by Groklin on 9/11/2013 3:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
I am not surprised.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
Anyone? Someone? Getting desperate here!
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
They're supposed to be a zone drop in the Vale. I haven't gotten any yet, however.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
I'm still trying to find the 25man noodle cart recipes.
Reply Quote
Insult... insult... insult... GIVE ME ANSWER NOW!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
aus
We are players not blues, the fact that none of the recipes are on wow head yet is probably a good indication that no players have found it.

I have seen them mentioned 2-3 times but always by players looking for them never by someone who had found them.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue

I don't think 25 man is relevant as the noodle cart is based on time, not quantity as it currently is with Feasts. It stays up for 2 - 3 minutes and you can sell as many unique (5) as you wish to as many as you want. A 25 man doesn't make much sense in this regard.

They're supposed to be a zone drop in the Vale. I haven't gotten any yet, however.

I thought this as well and even went farming today and came across nothing. I was feeling really frustrated. Even more so concerning the complete lack of information regarding the drop or vendor of these.

We are players not blues, the fact that none of the recipes are on wow head yet is probably a good indication that no players have found it.

Fair enough, it could also mean it just might be bugged or hasn't made it past PTR, even tho the ingredients have. I just don't know what to make of this as the recipes and the ingredients look really good for the buffs and the meals. A healthy alternative to Ironpaw tokens.

Anyway, tl;dr: If anyone has an actual answer instead of the floundering hub bub that is currently being regurgitated, please let us know!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
09/11/2013 06:09 PMPosted by Turquli

As mentioned, they seem to have changed it late in the PTR cycle.

The formerly-10-man carts are now the only carts, and have an unlimited number of servings. Meaning you get six for all your raid members (buy five, eat one, buy one more) except the cart operator (who only gets five). Which means they're an absurdly good investment, mats-wise.

It also seems like they can be purchased by players outside of your group, meaning if you set up in a crowded area... You can turn six high-end food dishes into a nearly-infinite amount of +300 stat, unique (5) food.
Edited by Bor on 9/11/2013 7:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
You really should be able to get the gold from this, I don't understand why you don't. You made it, you collected the mats, people buy it from you but it goes to charity? Explain that one...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I agree 100%
You really should be able to get the gold from this, I don't understand why you don't. You made it, you collected the mats, people buy it from you but it goes to charity? Explain that one...
only problem is engineers would cry about it, and it would somehow become a HUGE QQ session when everyone can do it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I also spent several hours over the last few days farming for the recipes. I've had the mats drop off the rares in the vale, but no sign of the recipes themselves. Either they've got a silly low drop rate, or something's going on with their implementation. Hoping it's the latter.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Patch notes say new cooking recipes drop from VEB. I've been killing any mob i can find there for the last few days, not one drop. Starting to think they lied.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Supposedly they're in the Ancient Guo-Lai Caches. I've seen one armory with one recipe learned, and that's how the person had claimed to find it.

But the drop rate must be absolute crap if that's true. I've opened a dozen or so Caches since the patch, and no recipes at all (and I've heard the same from others).
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
I guess there is a cooking quest on the island. Pick it up some broken sign underneath the broken bridge. Some people are having a hard time clicking it. I can't access it though my son did because i am bugging. I guess there leads to the new recipes.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Got the Island quest start. it's for the noodle cart recipes.
I officially give up on the VEB recipe drops. Been farming area for days and days with nothing.
Thought Blizz actually wanted people to learn them not get frustrated as hell.
FF14ARR is looking pretty good after todays struggle, lol
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
09/14/2013 12:16 AMPosted by Kälaas
Thought Blizz actually wanted people to learn them not get frustrated as hell.

This appears to be the patch where the devs got all huffy and sarcastic saying "You like vanilla? See how you like your nostalgia NOW."

And then they went and made everything a 1% drop or a 40-hour straight grind.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
Having tried about 8 keys so far. If they are in the chest, they are a low drop rate. At this point, it doesn't matter. It's easier to do the cooking dailies and bell daily for tokens and make sea mist noodles and use all the frellin' wildfowl breasts from the Isle to get what I don't already have stocked.

Another 14 keys done, still nothing but rep tokens and treasures of the vale. Also haven't seen a skyshard, yet, but my luck has always been rubbish with those.
Edited by Oddjob on 9/14/2013 10:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
I think these are the recipes I've been trying to find out about.

You turn them in for tokens?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
Up to 41 keys now, still have seen 0 recipes from the chests. Have seen someone posting that he's gotten one on an alt that did not have maxed cooking.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]