5.4 Cooking Recipes

90 Worgen Hunter
from what i am reading the recipes are bugged and wont drop unless you have 525 cooking and do not learn the zen cooking training..idk how true this is but just trying to help out
Reply Quote
94 Blood Elf Hunter
I am Zen Master at 600 cooking and nothing at all is dropping for me in the vale
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
09/11/2013 03:50 PMPosted by Groklin
You guys are my very last resource, how does that make you feel?

Probably making us feel like not helping you too much.
Reply Quote
86 Gnome Priest
I just tested it out ingame and the patterns are a 100% drop chance from gou lai caches BUT it is bugged atm and you have to be *****525 illustrious grand master cooking***** to get them. Your best bet is open up a GM ticket ingame and when enough of us complain to blizz about it they will fix it.
P.S. I used 3 keys and got 3 different recipes, one for every key of course.
Edited by Sagrada on 9/15/2013 7:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
94 Blood Elf Hunter
525 exactly or 525 and above?
Cause i'm 600 and no drops at all.
Reply Quote
94 Blood Elf Hunter
Used a key with every chest in the room once i cleared room. Mats, rep tokens etc. etc. not 1 frikken recipe
Reply Quote
94 Blood Elf Hunter
I just tested it out ingame and the patterns are a 100% drop chance from gou lai caches BUT it is bugged atm and you have to be *****525 illustrious grand master cooking***** to get them. Your best bet is open up a GM ticket ingame and when enough of us complain to blizz about it they will fix it.

Did you test this on another toon?
Reply Quote

They are not 100% (opened 4 chests, got only 2 recipes) from every chest you open. But yes, it is bugged right now and you have to be either 525/525 or 525/600 for them to drop. I had to level my monk's cooking to 525 to get them to drop, but they are soulbound ofc :l
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9948634971?page=1

The recipes not dropping has been reported in the bug report forum at the above link.

Wowhead.com also has noted the bug in there 5.4 cooking overview here:

http://www.wowhead.com/guide=1640/mists-of-pandaria-cooking-overview#new-to-patch-5-4

5.4 Vale of Eternal Blossom Recipes
These drop from mobs in Vale of Eternal Blossoms and Ancient Guo-Lai Cache. However, this currently seems bugged and requires you to be 525 skill without Zen Master Cook:
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Also haven't seen a skyshard, yet, but my luck has always been rubbish with those.

I still only have 3 on one server and 2 on another.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Dropped for me yesterday. I just happened to have my cooking at exactly 525.

The recipes require level 600.

I got farmers delight, mango ice, fluffy silkfeather omelet.

I better go back for more before my skill advances..
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage
The Noodles recipe is from a quest line on the timeless isle Quest: The Lost Secret of The Secret Ingredient. Once you have the quest you can run the Temple of the Jade Serpent Dungeon. I have the quest but I haven't done it yet.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
09/11/2013 06:12 PMPosted by Bogia
Insult... insult... insult... GIVE ME ANSWER NOW!

This
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Hotfixed yesterday according to the notes. I farmed my keys waiting for it to get fixed so as soon as the servers are up I should be able to get them....
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
hotfixed on the 16th and my akis recipe addon shows them all dropping in the vale.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
The hotfix seems to have worked. I got 4 of the recipes out of 5 or 6 Guo-Lai caches last night with 600 cooking.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Just to let you know, I have found 3 recipes from the guo-lai caches. I was in the room with the dragon past the hall of tiles. hope this helps.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
Since the hotfix, I estimate that I've gone through about 25 keys so far. Have found 5 of the 6 recipes and still looking for the final one. Don't start looking for these and think you're going to done after just 6 keys.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I just got all four cooking recipes from inside Guo-Lai Vault from the caches after looting the keys. I took looting 7 keys to get all four recipes. I did this on my warrior who has 600 cooking and maxed on all the way's.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
I have gotten all the recipes on this character and here is what I've learned: KEEP TRACK OF WHAT CHESTS YOU OPEN.

Seriously, the recipes are 100% drop from the Ancient Guo-Lai Caches BUT they are in specific chests spread between 2 rooms; one behind the dragon in the crypt opposite the door and one in Crumbling Halls. I wasted 20+ keys trying to get Spiced Blossom Soup before I started trying each chest and got it in 2. Easiest way to get them is just go between the rooms cleaning out all the mogu and opening each chest you haven't yet tried until you get all the recipes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]