Spirit of War

90 Blood Elf Hunter
So I guess I am a bit disembobbalated over this new item. Am I correct in thinking that the Spirit of war is ONLY in the new raids or does this drop somewhere from random mobs on the new Island? If anyone can clarify this for Me I'd appreciate it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
blizz fail again. Its de from new raids gear so enchanters going to be making gold while other profession need them to progress faster but they don't need other profession mats to do their thing.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
So I guess I am a bit disembobbalated over this new item. Am I correct in thinking that the Spirit of war is ONLY in the new raids or does this drop somewhere from random mobs on the new Island? If anyone can clarify this for Me I'd appreciate it.

Spirits of war are only obtainable from disenchanting drops from the new raid. It's just a means to make the 553 items faster, they are the same as Haunting spirits.

The difference is that this time everyone is able to make the 553 items and not just people who raid, its just an accelerated progress for them so it helps them gear faster in case they are unlucky with drops.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
ITS CRAZY!!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
This isn't even the 522 gear from last patch where you needed to buy raid mats. This is the ability to burn raid drop mats to speed up the crafting process. You can still have the new shinies, you just have to wait like the rest of us.

Also, as someone who mains an enchanter, you have no idea how normal/heroics actually work. Any enchanter who tried to monopolize all the drops, or even just all the drops that nobody else needed at the time, would be dropped in short order.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Simply the new raid material. We've had them all the way back to Molten Core with the Lava Cores. Each raid has one.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Alright awesome. Thanks for all the answers. I think I would rather wait then spend gawd knows how much on it. >_>
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
So if you do not raid ,this item is out of reach and absolutely useless to even think about. It does not make any sense at all to make the formula that uses it an out of raid drop. I picked it by killing a mob on Sky Range.
Reply Quote
Mykinglion:
So if you do not raid ,this item is out of reach and absolutely useless to even think about. It does not make any sense at all to make the formula that uses it an out of raid drop. I picked it by killing a mob on Sky Range.

I think it makes sense. If you get the recipe, you might be able to craft something for someone else, either for money or just as a favor. Or you might want the recipe just because you like collecting profession recipes. And even if you don't raid, you can still buy the spirits of war and craft something. It'd be expensive, and I wouldn't pay that much myself, but some people might want to. So the recipe may not be useful to all non-raiders, or even most non-raiders, but it will be useful to *some* non-raiders.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
So the recipe may not be useful to all non-raiders, or even most non-raiders, but it will be useful to *some* non-raiders.

Absolutely correct. I am one who might be inclined to get it just to have it. After reading your reply I also thought that I am now able to aquire things from LK and Cat that can be used for crafting and I was not able to get them while they had some value.

BTW I picked it up in the first few minutes of mining after the patch came out. Was I one of the luckiest guys in the game is it a very common drop?
Edited by Mykinglion on 9/17/2013 10:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
blizz fail again. Its de from new raids gear so enchanters going to be making gold while other profession need them to progress faster but they don't need other profession mats to do their thing.
LOL

Enchanters don't get to keep what they DE in most real raids, except possibly when they upgrade their own gear.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Complaining about this is silly. It's a good change. How many non-raiders crafted blood spirit or haunting spirit gear when it was the best crafted gear available? Now anyone willing to put in the very minimal time each day can craft this tier of gear. All the Spirits of War do is let you make one of the pieces that are on a daily cd off the daily cd. Raiding guilds (or moneybags willing to dump the gold into it) benefit from the faster cd but any crafter can make the 553 gear so long as they log on for the 30 seconds daily it takes to click their craft button for the daily recipe. If someone doesn't raid or want to drop the gold, they can still craft their epic given time, which was not an option previously for non-raiders. It's a better system for every type of player than the crafted gear from the first two raid tiers of MoP.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Yeah, not much reason to complain about the new implementation. It's a huge improvement because you don't need Spirits to craft items anymore. All it does is let you bypass the daily cd.

In the long run their value will be pretty low once people start pumping belts out every 3 weeks and legs every 4. The prices are inflated now but they will be worth far less than Blood Spirits in the long run, not mention Ordos loot is 6 ilvls higher, and tier legs drop from the PVP bosses.
Edited by Digerati on 9/17/2013 11:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
As a Blacksmith that can make the gear, but does not raid and does not Disenchant. Then WHAT"S THE POINT. may as well stop playing the game now if this is the path it is going to take. That's a waste of six years or so building my characters......
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
aus
As a Blacksmith that can make the gear, but does not raid and does not Disenchant. Then WHAT"S THE POINT. may as well stop playing the game now if this is the path it is going to take. That's a waste of six years or so building my characters......

You do not need the spirit to make the item. So much complaining over nothing. I am a raid enchanter and a blacksmith.

We killed 6 bosses that first reset and got a couple of trash drops and 2 spirits of war from disenchanting. Guess what? the 2 spirits went to the guild bank and then promptly sold because we can sell them for 6k, umm 5k, oops 4k right now and by the time we actually might need some in 2-3 weeks that will be worth 2k or less.

All the spirits we de in the first month might cut a week off creating an item for someone. meh why bother? just wait one more week and they get the item without using a single spirit of war.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

You do not need the spirit to make the item. So much complaining over nothing. I am a raid enchanter and a blacksmith.

We killed 6 bosses that first reset and got a couple of trash drops and 2 spirits of war from disenchanting. Guess what? the 2 spirits went to the guild bank and then promptly sold because we can sell them for 6k, umm 5k, oops 4k right now and by the time we actually might need some in 2-3 weeks that will be worth 2k or less.

All the spirits we de in the first month might cut a week off creating an item for someone. meh why bother? just wait one more week and they get the item without using a single spirit of war.
Exactly.

Nice perk for creating gear quickly when you have enough stockpiled. Right now, their only use is to be sold for money.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
The spirit lets you make more mats so you can craft one of the new 553s faster. You still need to get lucky and learn the plan so the extra mats might not even help you.

I haven't done it yet, but the 553 gear that drops off the Celestials probably DEs to spirits. It did for blood spirits and 522 Isle gear from Nalak.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Normal level tier gear will give spirits. Anything else from the Celestials' loot table probably won't. I wouldn't bet on Ordos loot giving them either when DEed.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I hear these Spirit of War come from pvp to,is that true?And if so how?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I bought 2 Spirits in the hopes that I would not only make the ingots faster,but would learn extra recipes from them.No luck,still just the 2 a day from the LS,LI cd's. So I decided to wait since I only have the tank belt plan so far,and need a DPS one.I put the second Spirit back on the AH for close to what I paid for the 2 of them.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]