Ruby Droplet

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Hunter
I like that this pet is rare, really makes the time invested worth it.

Also to all the "got it first kill huehuehuehuehue" kids, shut your face.
90 Dwarf Shaman
Not sure how many times I've killed Garnia... but it's getting very discouraging.
90 Goblin Rogue
Pet drops are horrid and rng. It sucks ) but nothing to do about it.
last weekend and this weekend so far i've done:

Zhu-gon - 81 Kills
Gu-chi - 68 Kills
Leafmender - 22 Kills
Bufo - 8 Kills
Jadefire - 4 Kills
Spineclaw - 20 Kills
Garnia - 3 Kills

I did get the adder from the Imperial Python and the azure Crane chick.
and the dandelion sprite event is just crazy rng. killed damn near 100 of the guys and not 1 Scary popped.

Oh well back to the grind.
90 Draenei Paladin
She's at the top of a bloody great big mountain, so she'll likely stay rare (and expensive).

Eh, lots of folks on my server have figured out the easy way to get on top of the mountain or they are parking alts there so they can log on every half an hour or so. There are always at least a dozen people killing Garnia now and there were three on the AH this morning. I'm not saying it'll get as cheap as the crane chick but it won't be expensive for very long.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
The price on these pets has dropped by more than half in the last few days on my server. When RNG decides to nasty there's always farming the AH to consider!
90 Draenei Monk
09/21/2013 09:08 PMPosted by Zyriva
She's at the top of a bloody great big mountain, so she'll likely stay rare (and expensive).

Eh, lots of folks on my server have figured out the easy way to get on top of the mountain or they are parking alts there so they can log on every half an hour or so. There are always at least a dozen people killing Garnia now and there were three on the AH this morning. I'm not saying it'll get as cheap as the crane chick but it won't be expensive for very long.

I checked the Moon Guard AH last night, five Ruby Droplets. The cheapest being 25k. Compare that to Skunky Alemental, Ominous Flame and Jademist Dancer, which inhabit a 5-8K range and falling, I'd say my assessment is spot on.

There may be a dozen people camping Garnia (usually closer to five or six, though I've had to solo her three times this morning....) but there's close to a hundred whacking Skunky when he spawns at peek hours, and hundreds running through the caves and across the misty shore.

I'd say my assessment is holding fairly true. It will hold its value better than most pets on the island, save the Frolicker, unless Blizzard makes major changes to how that even works.
Edited by Zashana on 9/22/2013 6:24 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I'm over Garnia.. camped her continuously on two servers since the patch and no drop. I'm just going to buy it. My pally on the low pop server has died twice on her and GEE THANKS BLIZZ, NO GRAVEYARD.. she despawns with your loot by the time you can get back up there. Gotta love how Blizzard treats their customers. *rolls eyes I'm sure they thought no graveyard up there was just HILARIOUS.
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
I'm over Garnia.. camped her continuously on two servers since the patch and no drop. I'm just going to buy it. My pally on the low pop server has died twice on her and GEE THANKS BLIZZ, NO GRAVEYARD.. she despawns with your loot by the time you can get back up there. Gotta love how Blizzard treats their customers. *rolls eyes I'm sure they thought no graveyard up there was just HILARIOUS.

Buy gliders. After traveling the isles a ton I am positive they intend for us to use them as a coin sink.
90 Draenei Monk
It finally dropped. Finally! The breed sucks, I don't care. I'm done. DONE! I leveled her, named her and slapped her into my favorites. Adorable pet, fun skill set. Worth every second of the time I spent up there.

Met some fun people on both sides of the faction divide, too. Made a few B-tag buddies. Now it's done. Done. Done. Done. Case closed. Goodbye Ruby Lake. Goodbye forever! Perseverance has prevailed.
Edited by Zashana on 9/24/2013 5:42 PM PDT
90 Draenei Paladin
Cool name choices.
90 Orc Warlock
Just saw one on sale Horde side AH on server Ravenholdt for 10,000g buy out. So they are dropping, but that's the first I've ever seen.
90 Human Death Knight
09/21/2013 07:30 AMPosted by Apollo
I like that this pet is rare, really makes the time invested worth it.

Not really. RNG just gives the illusion it's "rare."

Yeah, I've been trying 4 or 5 times every night and nothing yet. Parked an alt up there because the Albatross thing is nasty, especially if you die and Garnia de-spawns *before* you get back to loot while the bird takes the scenic route.

I noticed after the patch that it was still there when I had to make that miserable trip back, so at least I could loot my coins :P

A few people who have been around to kill it mentioned they got the pet, usually 3-5 people show up.

On the bright side, I got two worms and the Huolon mount dropped twice. Wish I could trade them for the pet.
90 Draenei Priest
It does drop I have been fortunate got mine on the 4th kill
90 Blood Elf Priest
I think punching myself in the face would be more fun than waiting to kill Garnia over and over for another week and seeing other people get their pets :'(
I decided yesterday to take a break from it while I level another character
90 Human Death Knight
Totally RNG. Killed it for first time ever today got The Pet and a Burden of Eternity. Good luck to everyone else who isn't as lucky as me :) Now if a Dancing Spiritflame thingy would drop...
90 Undead Rogue
I spent two weeks killing garnia 5 days a week, 9-15 times per day (I have 2 accounts and 90s on 2 servers so i can xrealm invite myself between the two on timers) to get my first drop (which was last Friday I believe).

This week I farmed Garnia for 5 days and got 1 to drop on Wednesday, nothing on Thursday or Friday.

The most frustrating thing about this rare is that on my high pop server I've seen several people get the drop when neither of my 2 toons got it from that kill.

Even more frustrating than Garnia for me was Bonkers.

I spent 280+ keys on my first bonkers from my warlock, then got a second on this rogue after about 50 keys(I got quite lucky with some coin redrops from boxes opened).

Considering I could really use the coin trinkets and burdens on all 11 of my 90s, it really sucks to be dropping over 100000 coins on my battle pet habit.
Edited by Buckcommnder on 9/28/2013 11:45 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Priest
I finally said "Screw it!" and traded for a Ruby Droplet (._.) I am never going to that stupid mountain again....
90 Night Elf Rogue
Took about 3 days of camping up top on an alt. When Garnia spawned I would log onto both my toons, so I got 2 chances per kill. Luckily, I got it on my main so I don't have to worry about the t(-.-t) achievement.
90 Troll Druid
Just got Ruby Droplet after...some number of kills. Nothing too bad, must be lucky. Decent breed too, I'm happy!

Stick to it folks, you'll get there.
64 Troll Shaman
I finally got it yesterday. I had parked my main there for nearly 2 weeks. It dropped the 2nd or 3rd time I had killed Garnia that day.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]