Shaohao Rep Gain

(Locked)

100 Night Elf Druid
Couldn't the rep for Shaohao come from killing any elite on the isle, rather than strictly the yaungol and their minions? The difference in difficulty would be negligible, but it would allow a bit more room for people to operate with the rep grind. After all isn't the intent to get people to explore the island? Already I'm beginning to see people focus in on the yaungol, and that doesn't really encourage exploration.
Blizzard Employee
One hotfix we're applying that should help a bit:

Completing the daily quest "Path of the Mistwalker" now awards a player with 250 reputation with Emperor Shaohao.
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Gnome Warrior

Completing the daily quest "Path of the Mistwalker" now awards a player with 250 reputation with Emperor Shaohao.

Well, it's a start.

But this particular grind is... well, a grind.
100 Blood Elf Priest
Ooh thanks. That will help for sure!

Do the raids (especially LFR next week) give Emperor rep too?
100 Human Paladin

Well, it's a start.

Hey, people want Vanilla back all the time, welcome Timbermaw grind 2.0!
100 Night Elf Hunter

The grind is still absurd. At this rate I'm going to hit 100k coins before I'm even Honored because not all my island activities revolve around mindlessly slaughtering yaungol.
100 Blood Elf Warrior
Well, it's a start.

God forbid some tasks take work for our menial reward.
100 Orc Warrior
It is a grind for sure but I have found using OQ and and joining a less populated server in a group of 5 with a tank and heals makes it go much faster. I grinded 3000 rep in less then an hour last night.
100 Night Elf Druid

Yeah I'm thinking that should be buffed to 500, if not 1000. There should also be an increase in the actual rep you get from killing NPC's, because that 6/12 rep does NOT cut it.
90 Night Elf Priest

Thus taking 4~5 months on the daily alone. That's not too bad.
90 Goblin Priest
is the bugged spawn rate going to be looked at?
90 Night Elf Rogue
Does anyone even remember when WoW wasn't one giant participation award. When you had to earn your gear and you spent months trying to get anything achieved? When I point these things out people will cry about they have a life or it shouldn't be fair only elitists get the best loot. The truth is that business model of making you work your butt off for gear was the best business model. There's a reason why participation was so high, why people treated this game like crack.
You keep crying for things to be "more accessible to the casuals," what you're really asking for is a trophy just for coming to the game. This attitude is exactly what you see in today's scoreless sporting events. "It should be fair for everyone!" really just makes for a mediocre experience and for mediocre players.
I'm not sure why I even posted this since the forum trolls will just break it down as they always do.
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Gnome Warrior
09/12/2013 01:38 PMPosted by Zarenna
Does anyone even remember when WoW wasn't one giant participation award. When you had to earn your gear and you spent months trying to get anything achieved?

I did Timbermaw prior to any changes in rep reward. For something that basically awarded a silly trinket.

Doesn't mean it's a good mechanic.
90 Pandaren Monk

Thank god

I noticed it didn't give rep earlier. May I ask why no one thought to let this award rep from the beginning? I would think it's common sense...?
100 Human Warlock
Zarhym, you can do better than that... After I helped you find your body.
100 Blood Elf Priest

Thus taking 4~5 months on the daily alone. That's not too bad.

The Molten Core rep to exalted took me 6 months, many years after running that place at level. Doesn't matter what your gear is, the rep could only be earned once a week from boss kills alone.

This is like vanilla rep grind, for sure. Months, years of teeny weeny gains. I can .01-shot the mobs I need for Steamweedle rep but the mindless grinding gets to me quick. But at least the new Isle has an eventual goal (pets and stuff) and not just rep for rep's sake (/shakes fist at Rep achievements).

It should take months. These new gimmeh-right-now players need to learn some hard working dirty RPG grinding and toughen their gamer. I'm ready to work for my fluff rewards, these kids need to drop and give us 50.

Don't be wimps, get your game on.
90 Human Mage
human racial OP
100 Human Death Knight
I thought we were in MoP not vanilla, this rep gain just reeks of poor design and a cruel delight by its designers. I can't believe I'm saying this but I'd rather have 5-10 dailies each day than mindlessly grinding these mobs that already have 4-8 people camping each spawn outside of the sanctuary.
90 Night Elf Priest
It should take months. These new gimmeh-right-now players need to learn some hard working dirty RPG grinding and toughen their gamer. I'm ready to work for my fluff rewards, these kids need to drop and give us 50.

Don't be wimps, get your game on.

I played in vanilla too, lol. It doesn't mean that grinding reps like that isn't anachronistic and out of touch with the current design philosophy of the game. They've really just been all over the place, this expansion.

With the daily, I think this rep is fine. Without it, it would be awful.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]