Shaohao Rep Gain

(Locked)

I don't care that the mobs are hard to kill to get Rep, what I care about is that there are none to kill because my server is just that full.

I spent 2 hours last night grinding and only killed 12 mobs...
90 Human Paladin
I have been killing rares for days and there is no change in my rep with Shaohao. Is this a bug, or are you supposed to get rep from killing rares and elites?
90 Orc Death Knight
So much Zarhym in this thread!
63 Tauren Death Knight
u can solo kilnmasters if u know how to side step the blazing blows. thats all they do. not hard to do so. just a lot of health for little rep.
90 Human Death Knight
Does anyone even remember when WoW wasn't one giant participation award. When you had to earn your gear and you spent months trying to get anything achieved? When I point these things out people will cry about they have a life or it shouldn't be fair only elitists get the best loot. The truth is that business model of making you work your butt off for gear was the best business model. There's a reason why participation was so high, why people treated this game like crack.
You keep crying for things to be "more accessible to the casuals," what you're really asking for is a trophy just for coming to the game. This attitude is exactly what you see in today's scoreless sporting events. "It should be fair for everyone!" really just makes for a mediocre experience and for mediocre players.
I'm not sure why I even posted this since the forum trolls will just break it down as they always do.

i totally agree with u,..but thats why we have this WOW today. because Blizz did pay attention to those mediocre players you mention, they are the 95% of the six million left paying for the game.....so this gonna keep going down obviuolsy.

back to the Topic; From my point of view; its not just about hard or bad or easy,..for me, Grinding is totally boring, there is zero challenge, i can´t even call it "PLAYING", its just doing the same thing over a over not only hours or days,...MONTHS!!!, and thats exactly, what we got with this last faction....so for me, its kills the main reasons why i´m paying the monthly fee; TO PLAY, TO ENJOY!!! to get FUN!!.
90 Pandaren Hunter
I have the coins for the mount, but will never get it because I'm not grinding 22 rep 10 million HP elites. Sorry.
90 Night Elf Hunter
I have the coins for the mount, but will never get it because I'm not grinding 22 rep 10 million HP elites. Sorry.
Guild Battle Standards really help with the rep gain and pretty worth buying if you don't already have one.
4 Night Elf Monk
Dathrel
90 Night Elf Druid
Casually Elite

Couldn't the rep for Shaohao come from killing any elite on the isle, rather than strictly the yaungol and their minions? The difference in difficulty would be negligible, but it would allow a bit more room for people to operate with the rep grind. After all isn't the intent to get people to explore the island? Already I'm beginning to see people focus in on the yaungol, and that doesn't really encourage exploration.

What happened to the player that plays on their own? I agree with Dathrel in that there are so many options to give rep. The Brew Masters are on the island and other factions that would make a daily quest line playable and interesting. Killing Yaungol at 5-6 points per kill is ludicrous and boring.
90 Worgen Druid
In PTR you got rep from ALL elites on the isle. Blizzard, like many things tested in PTR, didn't listen to feedback and decided that the yaungol are the only ones who should give rep. Talk about not listening to the right feedback....
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It is funny, I have really enjoyed the grind of Shaohao Rep.

It reminds me of doing Timbermaw in Vanilla, and somehow, I am really liking it.

Go Figure.
90 Undead Hunter
Yeah, thats about my only criticism with that rep too. For a player looking to maximise his game time, he pretty much has to ignore 80% of the isle and just grind the same Yaungols ad-infinitum, wich seems in direct conflict with the Timeless Isle's design.

I understand the storyline reasons for it but i think this could easily be fixed by simply creating small stackable 5, 10, 25 rep tokens (depending on the difficulty of the mob) that could drop from anything on the isle and the various chests and events, allowing both the exploration and rep grind.
Edited by Vaelys on 10/26/2013 1:34 AM PDT
90 Night Elf Monk
God I still can't believe that this grind is in game talk about going from one extreme to another, mind you this is optional but come on at lease make all mobs on the timeless give rep or at lease.... you know give more rep per mob we kill or even more rep on the one daily quest we do a day I am not sure anyone but the really dedicated will finish this in any timely manner.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
hahaha! so true
90 Human Hunter
The way I'm doing this is just getting 500 rep every couple of days so it's not a grind, really easy to do and I'm not getting burned out
90 Undead Hunter
Weird to see what you posted 2 months ago.

Its still not a big deal just slowly working on it, might give it a push sometimes but shrug.
90 Worgen Hunter
25 pages of QQ, old school players knew the rep grind.
90 Blood Elf Mage
25 pages of QQ; Blizzard should take notice.

A statement of fact: 'Rep/kill/hour', relating directly to Productivity (output/person/hour) should not be so low as to discourage players for even attempting it. Before reading further, a fair warning - there is Math involved.

At 5 rep a kill per non-Elite Yaungol (non-humans), you're looking at around 210,000 kills for exalted reputation. This is based on the reputation amounts needed per "level".

Divide these kills up by 60 (for the hour basis) and you have to average 3500 kills every 60 minutes; 58 kills a minute, which actually translates to (just under) 1 kill every second!

Now, this is if you wish to get Exalted in an hour - won't happen. But by expanding the time-frame, you can see that even a month in at, say, one hour a day, gives us:

60 (hour) * 30 (average days a month) = 1800 minutes a month
210,000 (kills needed) / 1800 (minutes) = 116.6667 kills per day!

You can expand the time, but the fact remains that it will still take you about 116-117 kills every day just to hit exalted.

To make things even more fun, compound that difficulty with the fact that there are hundreds of players on at any given time, through about 20-30 servers, and that gives you what? 4000, 5000 players?

Of those 4,000 players, maybe 200 will be on the Isle; and probably only about 20 farming Yaungol. You're still looking at 20 people looking to make around 2400 kills of the 5-rep non-elite mobs.

Do the math yourself, you'll see that 5 rep per mob is quite the spit in the face.
Edited by Reixian on 1/10/2014 9:32 PM PST
90 Night Elf Death Knight
One hotfix we're applying that should help a bit:

Completing the daily quest "Path of the Mistwalker" now awards a player with 250 reputation with Emperor Shaohao.

I am afraid that is... Not enough. Suffice to say that 10-40 reputation, depending on difficulty of the Ordos in question killed, while all of these mobs are heavily farmed, will take... A considerably longer time than I am willing to invest.

Then maybe you are playing the wrong game.Rep's have always been a grind.
90 Pandaren Hunter
01/10/2014 09:41 PMPosted by Cyberssinner

I am afraid that is... Not enough. Suffice to say that 10-40 reputation, depending on difficulty of the Ordos in question killed, while all of these mobs are heavily farmed, will take... A considerably longer time than I am willing to invest.

Then maybe you are playing the wrong game.Rep's have always been a grind.

grinds are one thing. Insane grinds for paltry rewards are another, particularly after getting rep grinds like landfall that rewarded time invested with extra story.
90 Gnome Priest
01/10/2014 09:31 PMPosted by Reixian
25 pages of QQ; Blizzard should take notice.

A statement of fact: 'Rep/kill/hour', relating directly to Productivity (output/person/hour) should not be so low as to discourage players for even attempting it. Before reading further, a fair warning - there is Math involved.

At 5 rep a kill per non-Elite Yaungol (non-humans), you're looking at around 210,000 kills for exalted reputation. This is based on the reputation amounts needed per "level".

You're multiplying where division is indicated.

It's actually 8400 kills if you're ONLY killing non-elites. Divide this by 30 for expected days in a month, and you need 280 kills per day.

Now factor in the quest; if you kill only lower-tier Elite Yaungol for the quest, you can reduce this number to 190: if you have an hour to play, this is more or less three kills per minute.

Or you can form a rep-grinding group and support / leech off each other, shortening the time substantially.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]