Timeless Isle...Terrible Design

90 Human Hunter
Blizzard describe the Timeless Isle as this wonderful place where one can explore endless places looking for treasures and other nice stuff...then proceeds to create a mini-isle with high levels mobs every fifteen feet.

What's it take to circle the island...5 minutes tops? That's exploration?

It's high time Blizzard realizes there's more to a game than killing stuff. Two days I've played around on the Isle and I'm already bored to tears.
Edited by Lorralei on 9/12/2013 2:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
wat
Reply Quote
what do you want? just 500000000000000000000000 crates with loot in them? 1% chance at loot. ya that would be fun...
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
09/12/2013 02:34 PMPosted by Lorralei
It's high time Blizzard realizes there's more to a game than killing stuff.

09/12/2013 03:14 PMPosted by Dedededed
what do you want?

If you have an idea of what you would like on the Isle please share it.

I would like more of the beasts to be tameable...they could start with that.
Reply Quote
Blizzard PLayers "We want more content Blizzard you take to long to release stuff!!!"

Blizzard goes away from the long spots between patches in order to give us smaller and high quality patches.

Blizzard players "Blizzard this sucks, it is too small what are u thinking!!!"

It's no wonder GC is snarky on Twitter, if Ihad to deal with this on a daily basis I would hav been fired from the job.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Something has to be done about the Albatrosses. lol
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Blizzard PLayers "We want more content Blizzard you take to long to release stuff!!!"

Blizzard goes away from the long spots between patches in order to give us smaller and high quality patches.

It's no wonder GC is snarky on Twitter, if Ihad to deal with this on a daily basis I would hav been fired from the job.

But...

You look different? Didn't you have a hat or something? Did the patch change your hat???

Edit: oh and agreed with your points =)
Edited by Shadobolt on 9/12/2013 3:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Hunter
These last two patches have been god-awful boring grindfests with little reward. Not fun at all. I'm getting so bored with this game. The only thing I still like is pvp and scenarios. Pvp is going down the crapper and you can only do a scenario 50 times before its absolutely boring as well.

Little reward? I have more 496 gear than I know what to do with. Alts that can be 490 ilvl within 2 minutes of hitting 90. There is a free 535 out there for every character. About 5 hours of grinding, give or take, will net you another 535. Those are pretty decent rewards.
Edited by Sayne on 9/12/2013 3:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote

But...

You look different? Didn't you have a hat or something? Did the patch change your hat???

Edit: oh and agreed with your points =)

LOL, I haven't been back to remog the new gear back to red pointy hats and stuff.Too busy running 25 90s through the isle. Having a blast right now.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
Something has to be done about the Albatrosses. lol

Lord yes. If you happen to get picked up, every yahoo within range starts hitting them. I found a way around the problem and I'm getting pretty good at landing in the ruby lake at the top of the island.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
These last two patches have been god-awful boring grindfests with little reward. Not fun at all. I'm getting so bored with this game. The only thing I still like is pvp and scenarios. Pvp is going down the crapper and you can only do a scenario 50 times before its absolutely boring as well.

You sound like someone who bought a ticket for a movie, then halfway through the movie thinks the movie totally sucks, but will stay until the end, instead of just leaving.

If you are totally bored with the game and feel it is bad, you can leave. Really. The world (real world) will not end if you do. And unlike the movie, you can come back later if something better (next patch or expansion) gets implemented.
Reply Quote
Blizzard is going to cater to hardcores as well as casuals, and not just one or the other, so get used to it.

The complaints I read on the forums... just... what gives?

First it's complaints of never getting a single piece of gear in LFR, so Blizz creates this amazing loot-filled zone full of enemy challenges, and people are complaining about the tons of gear they get now or some bajeebus?

I am seriously laughing at you people. You all are NEVER happy and it confuses me why you guys still play ANY MMO out there.

Go out and get some sunlight.

As for me and my week-long vacation with my girlfriend, I'm ecstatic about the new patch, and I've already dived into a it a little, and I'm loving it so far.

I just do not understand the complaints you people come up with. I think you complain for the sake of complaining.

:)
Reply Quote
100 Troll Warrior
I have been on the isle for around 4 hours and the only thing I have found is rollos riddle.

I don't really want to read guides on this since blizzard are trying for dynamic fun content so i am exploring to find it I know the events are tracked on the map but I have never seen anything pop up on it.

Are the "random events" just the rare spawns or is there scripted stuff too?
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Hunter
I have been on the isle for around 4 hours and the only thing I have found is rollos riddle.

I don't really want to read guides on this since blizzard are trying for dynamic fun content so i am exploring to find it I know the events are tracked on the map but I have never seen anything pop up on it.

Are the "random events" just the rare spawns or is there scripted stuff too?

Scripted stuff as well.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
I guess the problem I see with the island is it will turn into a grind as bad as Battlefield Barrens, only in a much smaller area. I am glad that I'm finding far more quests early on than I thought would be there, but killing mobs is a chore. The place is so crowded I kind of regret leaving my dead original server. On the positive side, I have started gearing up 3 bench warmer alts as the chests are relatively easy to find and I geared out a Boomkin in under an hour on the island and am passing duplicate mail pieces to my Shaman.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]