Connected Realms Update- 9/25

(Locked)

90 Troll Rogue
Well here we are in the beginning of week 3 and not a single update from Blizz on the progress of connected realms. I just cant believe that after doing so many things so well - Blizzard has absolutely screwed the pooch on this one. I have had many discussions with others on my server and none of us can figure out why this is so hard to figure out.

This could have been such a godsend for the hardcore raiders stuck on small servers that cant form reliable groups. I guess we will have to hurry up and wait. Really really dissapointed and frustrated.
91 Human Paladin
Thank you for the update Neth. Your communication is appreciated.
Edited by Tariç on 9/24/2013 11:09 AM PDT
Community Manager

More than happy to. We know people have been waiting to hear more. We'll do what we can to update as soon as we have the rest of the picture to share with you.
Thanks for the update, Looking forward to seeing some more bodies!
Edited by Teek on 9/24/2013 11:25 AM PDT
100 Human Priest
So are we going to call the new uber-realm Boulderscalp? Or Bloodfist?
100 Undead Rogue
Bloodfist sounds awesome. :D
90 Pandaren Shaman
Just a question, and I do not know if it has been asked yet, but when servers are connected, will we finally be able to send BOA to other toons on connected servers? like from my main server, to one that is connected to mine?
100 Human Mage
09/24/2013 11:11 AMPosted by Nethaera

More than happy to. We know people have been waiting to hear more. We'll do what we can to update as soon as we have the rest of the picture to share with you.

I really wish Blizzard and we the community were willing to bite the bullet and just get CR's up and running.
91 Human Paladin
Just a question, and I do not know if it has been asked yet, but when servers are connected, will we finally be able to send BOA to other toons on connected servers? like from my main server, to one that is connected to mine?

I think they would have to since they would be allowing players to post/collect auctions, there would need to be some sort of inter-realm mail mechanic enabled.
100 Night Elf Hunter
I really wish Blizzard and we the community were willing to bite the bullet and just get CR's up and running.

I can't blame them for being cautious but, as a person on a tiny server, I kinda wish they would if the result was tiny bugs... but not huge bugs
10 Troll Warlock
Good luck guys, hopefully everything turns out awesome after the merge.
100 Pandaren Warrior
09/11/2013 02:05 PMPosted by Draenybrit
Two different time zones. Interesting. Other than that, as expected. Same Datacenter, both PvP etc..

They can't be in different time zones if they are in the same data center...
75 Orc Warlock
anything said about alterac mountains? it was blooming with activity when vodka was here (alliance side ) but not its pretty dead. hopefully it gets fixed
GL HF
58 Troll Death Knight
Well here we are in the beginning of week 3 and not a single update from Blizz on the progress of connected realms. I just cant believe that after doing so many things so well - Blizzard has absolutely screwed the pooch on this one. I have had many discussions with others on my server and none of us can figure out why this is so hard to figure out.

This could have been such a godsend for the hardcore raiders stuck on small servers that cant form reliable groups. I guess we will have to hurry up and wait. Really really dissapointed and frustrated.

You can't be that hardcore if you're not willing to reroll or server transfer.
90 Night Elf Druid

I'd like to think the thread from earlier helped with this...
100 Gnome Warlock
I want to reiterate to the CM's just how important it is to the WoW RP community that ONLY RP realms get merged together.

The RP community in Warcraft has been under siege from the beginning, with large numbers of non-Roleplayers migrating to RP Realms with no intention of ever roleplaying or even obeying the posted RP Realm Policy.

With the erosion of the RP Realm Policy and non-existent enforcement of the Policy by the GM staff, things have only gotten worse. RP is completely DEAD on most of the designated RP realms, due to non-Roleplayers essentially driving Roleplayers off their own servers through targeted harassment.

Roleplay is not like PvP or PvE. Those forms of gameplay cannot be easily disrupted and shut down by a few trolls. But Roleplay takes place outside of Battlegrounds and Instances in the cities and towns and out in the wilds and is highly susceptible to disruption.

Putting trolls on /Ignore when you are trying to Roleplay does *NOTHING* when they are dancing naked in the middle of an event you spent two weeks organizing, or parking their mammoths on top of your group, or chain-barfing in your face.

With the reality of Blizzard GM's non-existent enforcement of targeted harassment against Roleplayers, our ONLY viable defense against it, is to fill up servers with Roleplayers to the point that there is little room left for trolls.

If you merge an RP Realm with a non-RP realm, you will kill off any RP left there as effectively as if you had sent a GM to grief it personally. Because you will be IMPORTING thousands of immature players who know that they have a Free Pass from Blizzard to grief Roleplayers. You'll be bussing in thousands of players who will be telling your paying customers to: "GTFO with that RP BLEEP! This is OUR realm now!"

And I think I speak for many Roleplayers in WoW when I say that when RP dies on my realm...my subscription dies with it.

- Forbs
"For Gnomeregan"
51 Undead Warrior
09/24/2013 11:45 AMPosted by Fairadey

It appears that Blizzard wants to make sure everything is working perfectly before launching this on a large scale. You must have missed the massive QQ just from today's hotfix, imagine if connected realms didn't work out.
90 Gnome Warlock
my server is dead I hope it happens soon!
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]