TradeSkill hyperlink usability degraded

(Locked)

90 Tauren Druid
Came back today, and still no word from Blizz i see.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
It is extremely helpful to be able to check your alts professions in game, without having to log into the other character first. To remove this capability is absolutely silly.

Please fix Blizzard. I should not have to wait 5 minutes to check if my alt knows a particular recipe.
6 Human Warlock
Lots of well considered posts and narry a response from the Murlocs.
92 Draenei Priest
Should've spent less time futzing with something that wasn't broken, and more time making sure servers ran properly after patch release. BlizzFail
95 Human Monk
I have a total of 20 professions. This ability was crucial and one of the most used functions for me. Now i have to switch toons EVERY time someone asks in trade for something. Please revert whatever you all did. Taking this away/changing add very little value. Are nominal server side issues > Major play satisfaction?
90 Night Elf Warrior
Please fix this bug. It is very inconvenient that this broke during the 5.4. I believe this AddOn is awesome it saves time and there is no downside on it.
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Gonna add my voice to those hoping for a fix. Very much missing Profession Vault funtionality.
90 Draenei Shaman
I really miss PV already. I use my bank character to look for AH recipes that my characters could potentially use, but now I have to go log in my alt, see if (s)he has it already, and log back to buy it. Incredibly annoying.
97 Human Priest
Please Blizz, there is literally no reason for this not to get fixed. This is a fantastic addon that makes having mastered all 15 primary and secondary professions easier to manage and more fun to have. You've fixed things for the community before with way less relevance than this.
90 Dwarf Hunter
Unless I am mistaken, this makes the Professions tab in the guild window practically useless. I can see what professions my guild-mates have, but not what recipes.
90 Human Paladin
I have 11 toons each having a different profession/levels. Using Professions Vault I can supply mats between toons, and provide mats and information to friends and guildmates . It is an indispensable tool I use to stay on top of the crafting needs of all my toons. Please fix it so I can get my PV back!
90 Pandaren Mage
Blizzard, please repair the TradeSkill hyperllinks so that addons like Profession Vault can work properly again. We depend on them. They make the game so much more pleasant for us. If you can't do connected servers and still make the hyperlinks work as before, then scrap the connected servers.

Let's be frank. You Blizzard developers do a lot of things that are slaps in the face to your dedicated players. We hang in there, trying to believe that you actually believe - however misguidedly - you are making the game more fun to play when you nerf our favorite player classes and deprecate items we have worked our hearts out to obtain. For me, at least, if you do not fix the TradeSkill hyperlinks you have broken, it will confirm beyond any doubt that you really do not care at all about those of us who pay you money to play this game.
97 Human Priest
Blizzard, please repair the TradeSkill hyperllinks so that addons like Profession Vault can work properly again. We depend on them. They make the game so much more pleasant for us. If you can't do connected servers and still make the hyperlinks work as before, then scrap the connected servers.

Let's be frank. You Blizzard developers do a lot of things that are slaps in the face to your dedicated players. We hang in there, trying to believe that you actually believe - however misguidedly - you are making the game more fun to play when you nerf our favorite player classes and deprecate items we have worked our hearts out to obtain. For me, at least, if you do not fix the TradeSkill hyperlinks you have broken, it will confirm beyond any doubt that you really do not care at all about those of us who pay you money to play this game.

I couldn't have possibly said it any better.
90 Pandaren Monk
I am supporting this thread. I love Profession Vault. So nice to be able to look on an alt to see if they can make something that you need and not have to log onto that toon. Its also nice when you are at the AH or a pattern or plan drop and you can see if you or the alt need it.
90 Worgen Druid
Please blizzard correct this problem.
90 Gnome Warlock
I really hope this can be fixed fast as it has broken things that have worked so well for so long.
90 Blood Elf Priest
I just updated and opened my FAVORITE addon to find a note regarding the changes to Profession hyperlinks!

Not only was the OP extremely decent and logical in his request, but he brought to light a BIG issue with Blizzard. Don't fix it if it isn't broken!

I really hope that we get a blue response soon. This addon wasn't game changing, but it was a great addition to any altoholics UI. Please re consider this change, Blizzard!
90 Blood Elf Priest
This is annoying, please fix this Blizzard.

((waits for a blue post))
11 Goblin Rogue
I too find this very irritating. Used to use an add-on to show what recipes my alts need. This change really needs to be rolled back .
88 Night Elf Druid
Blizzard,

Please be more forth coming to the addon teams regarding radical changes in how data is going to be served. If you are going to change something, please be aware of what you are changing and how it will effect game play and how it might break things. Try to be prepared for work around ideas that won't make it game play slower, if you have to change something to make something on server side work better for WOW.

If it were not for the addons, I'd have abandoned the game a long time ago. It's pretty and fun and you learn but I'd not have been here for the many years I have had it not been for addons helping me to manage what I have, and how I play.

Thank you for listening

Will
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]