Narushen

90 Goblin Priest
Is there a point to the healers going into the other realm and performing the healing test if they don't have a high corruption level? I don't understand the idea of taking a healer out of the fight for a minute.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
We 2 healed the fight, and healers never went down.
Reply Quote
Does the 75 corruption even do anything to healers???

I did the test but I'm not sure if it was actually of any benefit to me now that I think about it. Reading the dungeon journal it says nothing about reducing healing and there doesn't seem to be an obvious benefit from completing it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Two healed it with a holy priest. I did 180k hps and he did 150k hps. We never went down.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Having 0 corruption increases your healing by 25% IIRC.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

This may be something that you need to do in heroic to keep up with the damage. In normal, I don't think it is necessary. I was using SH built, and finished the fight with almost full mana.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid

Don't really need it, especially if you went in decently geared. I 2 healed with a holy priest. Just need to make sure soon as a purple puddle is down, a tank soaks it immediately.
Reply Quote
Not necessary. That said, you aren't (or shouldn't be) out of the fight for a minute. You go back up as soon as the add is dead. I am sure it varies healer to healer, but mine dies pretty fast.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Is there a point to the healers going into the other realm and performing the healing test if they don't have a high corruption level? I don't understand the idea of taking a healer out of the fight for a minute.

It really isn't necessary. Maybe on Heroic for the healing buff. I personally went in as a part of the rotation simply because our warrior tank couldn't survive. (God please, don't laugh)

Not necessary. That said, you aren't (or shouldn't be) out of the fight for a minute. You go back up as soon as the add is dead. I am sure it varies healer to healer, but mine dies pretty fast.

Disc and MWs have it easy in there. However, I didn't really stay in long either, maybe 30s using Denounce and HS.
Edited by Ceresc on 9/13/2013 7:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
The only real benefit is clearing off the 75 corruption makes it so that you are able to soak more than 5 pools. You generally want healers soaking the pools (along with tanks), because DPS soaking them destroys their damage.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest

Yeah, Disc can pretty much blitz the thing down in less than 30 seconds with Mindbender, Divine Star and Atonement spam.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
09/13/2013 07:30 AMPosted by Ceresc

It really isn't necessary. Maybe on Heroic for the healing buff. I personally went in as a part of the rotation simply because our warrior tank couldn't survive. (God please, don't laugh)

Disc and MWs have it easy in there. However, I didn't really stay in long either, maybe 30s using Denounce and HS.
I read somewhere that warrior and druid tanks were having some issue going in on Narushen. Might have been a bug of some sort, who knows?

I went in because it's easy enough to atonement spam through the event, and it enabled me to soak pools and/or provide a bit more dps during the burn phase.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

Healing buff.

We sent all our healers down.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
We sent all our healers down but since we are a 25 man, that was mostly so we didn't get too many adds at once.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest
if your a smite healer, not having 50% damage reduction and 25% increased in heals is like a godsend!
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

we didn't really do it for the healing buff. just myself and one other healer stayed purified, the rest soaked pools like tiberria talked about so the dps didn't have to.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Thanks for the clarification and input, everyone! Didn't really consider disc priests on this fight, but I see the need for them to go especially
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Not necessary to send healers, but our disc and mistweaver did it because it double dips for them.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
09/13/2013 11:00 AMPosted by Tsilyi

we didn't really do it for the healing buff. just myself and one other healer stayed purified, the rest soaked pools like tiberria talked about so the dps didn't have to.

Well, he died so fast for us that I'm not sure pools ever became an issue. All I remember of the fight is dodging cutter, going down and healing, and then spamming my butt off.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]