Contemplation of Chi-Ji

90 Night Elf Druid
Is my math off, or does Contemplation of Chi-Ji return less mana than Soothing Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault?

Contemplation of Chi-Ji gives 12423 mana over 15 seconds with a 1.5 minute cool down for 24846 mana over 3 minutes
Soothing Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault gives 29850 mana instantly with a 3 minute cool down
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
8924 spirit (max upgrade level) is equal ~4200 mana returns every 5 secs. So 12.6k mana every 90 secs.

Soothing Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault returns 32,118 at its max upgrade level @ 180 secs.

So, ~25.2k mana returns @ 180 sec compared to 32,118. You would also gain 204 intellect.
Reply Quote
Isle items are considerably underbudget for their ilvl, which is intended given how easy they are to come by. The Shado-Pan and LFR ToT trinkets are likely to be ahead of the Isle trinkets, but they are still an ok option for alts who haven't got trinkets.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
I enjoy the trinket. It might be under-budgeted but it was still an upgrade for me (I was using a 463 trinket.) Plus, Chi-Ji is my favorite celestial.

But when I can get the Shado-pan assault trinket I will probably upgrade.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
For the classes who have regen mechanics based on Spirit (such as Healing Tide Totem and now Innervate), you can macro the on-use of the Chi-Ji trinket with those for a small, additional boost.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
For the classes who have regen mechanics based on Spirit (such as Healing Tide Totem and now Innervate), you can macro the on-use of the Chi-Ji trinket with those for a small, additional boost.

Wrong. It's a temporary Spirit gain, and temporary on use/proc Spirit gains do not increase the Spirit based mana regen from MTT, Rapture, Innervate or Divine Plea. Only static Spirit (or permanent Spirit proc trinkets like DMC: Tsunami) scales those type of abilities up.

As far as the Chi Ji trinket, the extra INT makes up for the the reduced regen in a lot of cases. I also think that this trinket is better than heroic Lightning Imbued Chalice. The Lei Shen trinket's proc is really underwhelming, generally around a 1% output gain. The 1487 effective Spirit gain from Contemplation of Chi Ji lets you drop Spirit for a throughput stat, and 1487 more of a secondary stat will almost certainly give you more than a 1% output gain.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Ah, I had heard Innervate was working with temporary buffs on the PTR, and since I didn't do PTR, didn't realize they changed that. Makes sense, though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]