Healing Meters and Absorbs – question

19 Night Elf Warrior
Can anyone please confirm or deny?

WorldOfLogs – Includes both healing and absorbs for healing

Recount Healing Done – Includes both healing and absorbs

Skada Healing – Includes both healing and absorbs

Skada Healing and Absorbs – Includes healing but *double* counts absorbs (since when?)

I use Recount, and it always matches very closely with WorldOfLogs. For once, I was actually throwing out awesome heals on my resto shaman then some guildy whips out their “Skada Healing and Absorbs” meter, and I’m barely even on the meter behind the absorb healers. However, their “Skada Healing” meter seems to match my Recount Healing Done meter. They quickly tell me that Recount and Skada Healing meters are -not- counting absorbs at all. Apparently, more than half of my raid group has always been using “Skada Healing and Absorbs”. I google it, and figure out that "Skada Healing and Absorbs" is double counting the absorbs.. is this true?
Edited by Horrorkiller on 9/12/2013 11:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
WorldOfLogs – Includes both healing and absorbs for healing

Recount Healing Done – Includes both healing and absorbs

I can confirm these two. Can't help you with Skada though, since I don't use it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
The rest are correct too. Skada added its own healing and absorb module baseline in version 1.2-25 which was posted in december of 09.
Edited by Runtime on 9/12/2013 11:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
19 Night Elf Warrior
Is there any proof that I can show them that Skada Healing and Absorbs is indeed doubling absorbs? Talking to a disc priest.. they seem confused and still insist the other meters are not counting their absorbs.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
You could look at the change logs for skada.

Edit:

1.3-11:
* Added Spanish translation.
* Added accurate absorbs tracking to Healing module (oliv48).
* Removed Absorbs module. See SkadaHealAbsorbs (thirdparty plugin) for more in-depth absorbs.
* Added Activity display to the Damage tooltip (Eridius).
* Added absorbed healing to Healing module (Eridius).

source
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info12499-SkadaDamageMeter.html#changelog
Edited by Runtime on 9/13/2013 12:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm really interested in this. My recount was inaccurate compared to the skada used from my raid team. I see myself ahead of the disc and pally in our raid group but their skada shows way different numbers.

They keep telling me that recount doesn't record absorbs as accurately as skada or that it just doesn't merge absorbs with healing. I feel like my recount is recording their absorbs and I do have it checked to merge absorbs with heals. Is recount just completely unreliable for recording absorbs or is skada just recording absorbs incorrectly or too much?

In the end I know it doesn't matter if the paladin is 8% ahead of me or 8% behind me but when I work my @ss off 2 - 3 healing a fight only to have them link skada with me way behind them It kind of bugs me when I see myself on top with recount.

Edit: And it's not just them sniping my heals with their absorbs. I am doing a crap ton of actual healing cause there is a lot of healing to be done.
Edited by Stratous on 9/13/2013 1:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
09/13/2013 01:35 AMPosted by Stratous
They keep telling me that recount doesn't record absorbs as accurately as skada or that it just doesn't merge absorbs with healing.

Recount calculates different from skada. Skada is always much closer to WoL reporting. A gnomes dies every time someone says "recount"
Reply Quote
09/13/2013 05:41 AMPosted by Harpoa
They keep telling me that recount doesn't record absorbs as accurately as skada or that it just doesn't merge absorbs with healing.

Recount calculates different from skada. Skada is always much closer to WoL reporting. A gnomes dies every time someone says "recount"

Perhaps but our meters were WAY off. Someone from mmo champ said it may be peope using the outdated addon for skada called skadahealabsorbs that is no longer necessary since skada now records absorbs on it's own and thus people still using it have absorbs added twice. I kind of doubt multiple people have an outdated addon like that along with their skada though. I've used recount for a long time so I like to think that it's info is at least close to actual or at least accurate with similar addons.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
09/13/2013 06:02 AMPosted by Stratous
Someone from mmo champ said it may be peope using the outdated addon for skada called skadahealabsorbs that is no longer necessary since skada now records absorbs on it's own and thus people still using it have absorbs added twice.

Can confirm the skadaabsorbs + absorbs high number thing.

Was doing this and had INSANE numbers (ego inflation ftw?).
Edited by Naér on 9/13/2013 6:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
least close to actual or at least accurate with similar addons.

I've seen it 10% off. I used to use it but switched to skada and am much happier with it. Also Skada has been updated since the patch. If your friends have the Curse Client is will update right away.
Reply Quote
09/13/2013 06:12 AMPosted by Harpoa
least close to actual or at least accurate with similar addons.

I've seen it 10% off. I used to use it but switched to skada and am much happier with it. Also Skada has been updated since the patch. If your friends have the Curse Client is will update right away.

Well the most recent skadahealsabsorbs add-on in curse was last updateded 1/17/2012 which is a 20 months ago. I assume that is a different add-on than actual skada and I'd say the skada damage meter at 576, 523 popularity on Curse and last updated 3 days ago on 9/10/2013 is what everyone uses for most things skada related nowadays. skadahealsabsorbs is the second highest skada add-on in curse at only 37, 153 but perhaps that just helps explain how so many have skada numbers that look inflated?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Yeah i don't know why anyone would use an addon that has been updated in almost 2 years. Going to be a broken mess.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Paladin
Recount is accurate. Your other healers prefer Skada because it pumps up their numbers obviously.

People don't usually pass up a chance to pat themselves on the back and boost their own ego.
Reply Quote
Recount is accurate. Your other healers prefer Skada because it pumps up their numbers obviously.

Skada is also accurate. The main reason skada and recount sometimes differ on hps/dps is skada uses Total/Combat Length and recount uses Total/Active Time (by default). Skada will usually match World of Logs eHPS/eDPS numbers.

There is no reason to use SkadaHealingAndAbsorbs. Just use the standalone skada addon.
Edited by Evry on 9/13/2013 1:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

People don't usually pass up a chance to pat themselves on the back and boost their own ego.

Not even close :P

Skada is more accurate for both healing and DPS because it takes into account the total time (I know it does this for dps, not sure about healing) which is the same thing WoL does.

I prefer Skada because it's more accurate, customizable in a way I like, and has the same or close to numbers that WoL has. Plus recount always seemed to have lag problems with new patches, got tired of it :3

I don't use the absorb addon since it's outdated.
Edited by Veroicone on 9/13/2013 1:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

Thats cute, because it is actually the opposite.
Reply Quote
19 Night Elf Warrior
Thank you everyone for all of the helpful replies. I very much appreciate it. It's also nice to hear people with similar problems.

I wish I could uninstall the SkadaHealAbsorbs from my guildies. (Yeah, I know healing meters don't matter that much, but it just kills me knowing that addon is the one my guildies had always been looking at.)
Reply Quote
Thank you everyone for all of the helpful replies. I very much appreciate it. It's also nice to hear people with similar problems.

I wish I could uninstall the SkadaHealAbsorbs from my guildies. (Yeah, I know healing meters don't matter that much, but it just kills me knowing that addon is the one my guildies had always been looking at.)

How can you even be sure if they are using it if you haven't asked them?

I do think that something is "fishy" though since my co-healers skada had similar healing results for ME but the paladins and discs numbers were very inflated compared to my recount numbers. In the end I don't think it's the difference of this total/combat and total/active thing.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

How can you even be sure if they are using it if you haven't asked them?

I do think that something is "fishy" though since my co-healers skada had similar healing results for ME but the paladins and discs numbers were very inflated compared to my recount numbers. In the end I don't think it's the difference of this total/combat and total/active thing.

If they have skadahealabsorbs, all absorbs get counted twice. Since you dont have absorbs you would end up the same between both.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Confirm that the SkadaHealAbsorbs module is outdated and double-counts absorbs. It's a relic from the time when that functionality wasn't baseline.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]