Healing Meters and Absorbs – question

90 Goblin Shaman
Thank you everyone for all of the helpful replies. I very much appreciate it. It's also nice to hear people with similar problems.

I wish I could uninstall the SkadaHealAbsorbs from my guildies. (Yeah, I know healing meters don't matter that much, but it just kills me knowing that addon is the one my guildies had always been looking at.)

How can you even be sure if they are using it if you haven't asked them?

I do think that something is "fishy" though since my co-healers skada had similar healing results for ME but the paladins and discs numbers were very inflated compared to my recount numbers. In the end I don't think it's the difference of this total/combat and total/active thing.

I asked each of the people in my guild individually if they were using it, and about half of them were. Plus I saw it when some posted their Skada Healing and Absorbs meter to me. It was pretty disheartening, but I'm glad to know that it isn't correct.
Reply Quote
1 Goblin Rogue
When I started playing MoP in 5.2 on my disc priest, I still had that skada absorbs addon in my interface from Cata. I won't deny that there was no ego boost (and silent admiration of geared discs and paladins) but I'm not the type to flaunt meters in pugs and LFR so I didn't realize the mod was counting absorbs twice for a month until someone else linked healing meters where all the absorb healers were significantly lower than what showed up on my meter, and was told that the module I was using was doubling absorbs, and to simply use baseline skada, which put the numbers in line with others using skada.

If you're curious if your guildmate's addon is accurate (ie. assuming his numbers are still way off after informing him of the outdated skada absorbs module) log some fights you do with them to WoL.
Edited by Cucumbers on 9/13/2013 7:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
UPDATE

I've confirmed that at least one of my guildies is indeed using the skadahealsabsorbs. If you or people in your guild using skada have this add-on get rid of it and advise them to get rid of it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
only thing i dont understand is how come the other disc priest will top the skada healing chart but the healing and absorbs i tower that priest we are both disc and both use absorbs so idk if this double is for real im not trying to say anyone is wrong i just want someone to explain to me why this is and sorry for the poor grammar and spelling not big on using it unless im being graded to use it :)
Reply Quote
7 Night Elf Rogue
03/08/2014 02:24 PMPosted by Myalyssadal
sorry for the poor grammar and spelling not big on using it unless im being graded to use it :)

Well, you're an idiot.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
03/08/2014 02:24 PMPosted by Myalyssadal
only thing i dont understand is how come the other disc priest will top the skada healing chart but the healing and absorbs i tower that priest we are both disc and both use absorbs so idk if this double is for real im not trying to say anyone is wrong i just want someone to explain to me why this is and sorry for the poor grammar and spelling not big on using it unless im being graded to use it :)

Holy necro batman :3 The double is in fact real :p There's no real way to give you an answer unless you post logs.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
well cant tell you whats different between them but i can tell you this on skada healing done meter my divine aegis did 2.01M and on the skada healing and absorbs meter my divine aegis did 10.3M so the thing about just doubling the absorbs is bull!@#$ thats 5 times more so the whole doubling the absorbs is a lie now whether or not the skada healing and absorbs is correct or not i dont know you would just have to test them out dont believe everything you hear cause some ppl have no real clue and depend on the actual number crunchers to tell them whats up
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
03/08/2014 03:07 PMPosted by Veroicone
Holy necro batman
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
03/08/2014 02:24 PMPosted by Larindria
sorry for the poor grammar and spelling not big on using it unless im being graded to use it :)

you should start because nobody likes to read things like that and it's really easy to do. you'll figure that out when you get older though, i guess.

04/20/2014 11:07 AMPosted by Larindria
well cant tell you whats different between them but i can tell you this on skada healing done meter my divine aegis did 2.01M and on the skada healing and absorbs meter my divine aegis did 10.3M

skada healing and absorbs no longer correctly tracks healing and absorbs because skada healing done tracks that now. healing and absorbs has not been necessary since cataclysm. maybe early cataclysm. maybe wrath of the lich king. probably hasn't been displaying correctly for many years.
Edited by Tsilyi on 4/20/2014 2:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I use just skada. not skada and absorbs. i tried it and it didnt seem correct, so i went back to just skada.

my skada matches the WoL i post.
i only use it because it uses less resources than recount and i can make it black and pink ^_~
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]