Timeless Armor/Trinkets (Curio)

90 Troll Shaman
Well, unfortunately I had to learn this the hard way. It seems there's only one possible outcome when using a Timeless Curio (for your loot specialization), and it gives you a Unique-Equip trinket.

I'm offering a suggestion to perhaps have two trinket options in each loot specialization. I'm using Timeless Armor/Curio/Cloaks for my other 90s, that I don't have time to grind loot on.

Also, a timeless weapon and timeless shield would be great.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Hunter

I'm pretty sure the BoA weapons only drop off Garrosh from what I recall reading of the ptr and mmochamp datamining.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
It gave me a healing trinket.

At first I thought I accidentally switched my spec to resto. But no.

Apparently an on use spirit is totally desirable for Elemental.

Totally.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Apparently an extra 6k hit on demand is awesome for a shadow priest too.

I ticketed it and the rather useless GM replied with "Thanks for the bug report LOL"
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue

Totally.

spirit is hit for elemental i think, the way spirit is hit for shadow priest. so yes it's a stat for you i'm pretty sure.

edit:didn't notice the on use sorry. ya on use hit is stupid i'll agree.
Edited by Evilme on 9/13/2013 9:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk

Totally.

Same thing on my balance druid. Have an open GM ticket about it though I'm sure the GM will be completely useless.
Reply Quote
93 Human Paladin
What a ripoff. used a 50k token to get a 535 chest piece for a Holy Pally and what do i get?
a 535 piece that is not a good as a 522 chest i got from Shadow Pan Assault. You would think for grinding 50k coins you would get at least something a little better. Not at all happy. Mr Robot lists 6 -535 chest pieces, 4 of them are not as good as the 522 for a HP. Think about that when you are grinding out coinage. Checked armor for a warrior, same thing. Most of the 535 "upgrades" not as good as the 522 stuff.
Edited by Shireiff on 9/14/2013 11:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
What a ripoff. used a 50k token to get a 535 chest piece for a Holy Pally and what do i get?
a 535 piece that is not a good as a 522 chest i got from Shadow Pan Assault. You would think for grinding 50k coins you would get at least something a little better. Not at all happy. Mr Robot lists 6 -535 chest pieces, 4 of them are not as good as the 522 for a HP. Think about that when you are grinding out coinage. Checked armor for a warrior, same thing. Most of the 535 "upgrades" not as good as the 522 stuff.

i think you shouldn't spend coins for the Timeless Burden. i've found 2 on separate toons from rares. that's the better way to go. in terms of usage, i would replace stuff like boots since upgrades for boots prior to 5.4 was typically obtained after the scenario grind (which i think isn't available anymore), purchase from AH (which is a horrible ripoff) or getting lucky in ToT. i'll probably continue to stick with my ToT LFR gear until LFR SoO comes out and/or I can get into some Flex raids. otherwise, what i do is reforge the "bonus" stat (since usually it's only one extra one outside of your main two) so that it's not an all-in-one situation. you can even sink some VP into it; i would consider that aspect as there really aren't many things to spend VP on at the moment. otherwise, you probably should just focus on upgrading your Shado-Pan Assault items as the stats are probably better and not as poorly randomized.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
This 'catch up' mechanic is hardly working as intended, in my humble opinion.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
09/16/2013 07:09 AMPosted by Vrede
How so? It's suboptimal gear with ilvl high enough to get into SoO LFR.

Sounds like it's working as intended.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
09/13/2013 12:43 PMPosted by Tindomerel

I'm pretty sure the BoA weapons only drop off Garrosh from what I recall reading of the ptr and mmochamp datamining.

...which has abolutely nothing to do with what the OP said.

Still, catchup mechanic is working well. In the time it takes you to grind out your quests & armor tokens, you should have amassed enough coins to get the 476 weapon as well. Just do those quests & kill every rare you find, you'll get there. Just made another mage that went from level 89 to ilvl 502 in like 4 hours time.

Keep in mind the timeless/token stuff is just there to get your ilvl up so you have something okayish but meant to be replaced in actual raiding. They don't want to completely outfit you with free gear.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I was so disappointed when I sent a curio to my WW monk and found out the proc gave me mastery. Do you know what WW's mastery is? They have a chance of generating an additional charge of Tigereye brew. So for a scant few seconds you have a slightly higher chance of generating an extra Tigereye brew stack.

Seems pretty trashy to me.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Timeless Curio

Create a soulbound item appropriate for your loot specialization.

Notice the word "useful" does not appear in the above description.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter

For my alts who were never going to have a chance to finish out their valor gear sets and were going to be stuck in PVP blues until the next expansion, it's worked out great.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
09/16/2013 07:22 AMPosted by Umbranar

Appropriate implies useful.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
It's pretty obvious that the DPS specs getting healer trinkets is unintended. Hardly the first time that kind of thing has happened.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
For my alts who were never going to have a chance to finish out their valor gear sets and were going to be stuck in PVP blues until the next expansion, it's worked out great.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Gnome Warrior
09/16/2013 07:37 AMPosted by Mordahn

Appropriate implies useful.

No. That would mean I'd be delighted about getting haste on everything.

I ain't.

The gear isn't ideal or best in slot. It's darn good gear for catchup purposes.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Shaman
Still, catchup mechanic is working well
Be nice if Timeless Isle offered something other than catch-up gear, I'm not feeling very motivated in doing Timeless Isle content.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I made a ring yesterday with str/stam/haste. Nothing but crap since i have to reforge out of haste now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]