Proving Ground's NPC party is horrid...

(Locked)

100 Blood Elf Priest

Yep. Uploading video shortly if you care to see.

That would be awesome.

Done :)

http://youtu.be/yhauJqwKpuw
100 Human Paladin
Wondering if my server got all the hotfixes. NPC's still not killing the waves before the next arrives.

Eleanor some waves overlap a tiny bit by no more then one mob usually, I've seen a mixture of one mob overlaps and 10 sec breaks in each set of 10. They also fixed it in the sense mobs move to the tank more and the tank moves to them more, its just overall much better but still a hard challenge for some classes
100 Night Elf Druid
Got to wave 54 this afternoon.

Was able to drink after every 10th wave no problem.
90 Troll Shaman

Were you only able to drink ~2 seconds before the next wave? Still shows me in combat for 10 seconds after they die then about 2 seconds before it drops and allows me to drink
100 Night Elf Druid

Were you only able to drink ~2 seconds before the next wave? Still shows me in combat for 10 seconds after they die then about 2 seconds before it drops and allows me to drink

The last add from wave 10, 20, etc. would usually die with around 7-8 seconds left in the drinking wave.

Gave me time to get my mana bar back.

I really never had any mana problems, the only reason I had to stop at 54 seemed to be bad rng on abilities. I don't remember exactly what happened, but it was like a bleed went up just before a big AoE attack...not sure
90 Pandaren Monk
My mage seems to hang out in melee range all the time for some reason.
90 Blood Elf Priest
I was able to drink without dpsing after every 10th etc wave.

I hold off actively healing when the conq/aqua is almost dead. I use restorative amber also, to quickly regain mana.

Yeah I wiped on the 53rd because I hit my goal of 50 and quit trying so hard. Tank blew up iirc and I had no cd's due to popping tranq etc on a prior wave so I could sip on my caffeine and not drop it on my lap if burst came out. Paid for that =/
90 Blood Elf Priest
My mage seems to hang out in melee range all the time for some reason.

Arcane explosion. She has to get in range of the mobs. It's an aoe that she has to be in melee to use. Sucks for bombs, but at least she is finally casting aoe again.
90 Pandaren Shaman
what do I do when the tank gets the bite... I just got screwed on wave 27 because I could not get him back up with him tanking all those mobs and a bite

wish earth ele could actually taunt
100 Blood Elf Priest
what do I do when the tank gets the bite... I just got screwed on wave 27 because I could not get him back up with him tanking all those mobs and a bite

Option A: Dump as much mana and as many CDs as you need to to get it off.

Option B: Just try to keep him stable until most of the mobs are dead, then heal it off slowly.

Definitely use Option A if you're about to have to deal with Conquerors. Option B will work most of the time otherwise.
100 Pandaren Shaman
Also, I haven't tried it yet, but you may want to try Primal Elementalist, that Earth Elemental can usually taunt things the other one can't.
90 Pandaren Shaman
i forget what happened. i think it bit him first and i couldnt heal through it when the conqueror enraged, i put spirit link down but that didn't help. then it went to bite someone else so i had to worry about them too. bite persisted to 27 and i was done

the bite is the worst part for me, since topping people off is difficult when your mastery isn't suited for it. i use most of my cooldowns in the earlier-mid waves, as the later waves are really easy for shaman (wave 8 is the easiest imo)

are there any OP trinkets for this? any recommendations?

Also, I haven't tried it yet, but you may want to try Primal Elementalist, that Earth Elemental can usually taunt things the other one can't.

hai AssultTank
Edited by Cloud on 9/20/2013 11:51 PM PDT
100 Blood Elf Priest
You might try an Int-on-use trinket if you can find one.
90 Goblin Shaman
I reforged and re-gemmed spirit/crit/mastery and it does nothing at all. I got to 18 then it was over. I oom'd and my Cds couldn't even keep the party up. They are so terrible. I also agree that they need to do a little more damage.
100 Blood Elf Priest
I reforged and re-gemmed spirit/crit/mastery and it does nothing at all. I got to 18 then it was over. I oom'd and my Cds couldn't even keep the party up. They are so terrible. I also agree that they need to do a little more damage.

They've already been hotfixed. They're fine now. Wave 30 is completely doable on every spec, and 10-20 Americans (~50-100 worldwide) of each spec did it today after the hotfix.

Get a helm specifically for PG so you can have a metagem that works (the legendary meta doesn't).

Grab any pieces of old gear that have a better stat distribution than your current gear and the same number of gem sockets; ignore set bonuses.

Flask Spirit.

Practice. Those of us who got to wave 30 relatively quickly today had dozens of hours of practice on the old broken version.
90 Pandaren Monk
It took me a bit longer than i would have liked especially after getting Gold first try pre-hotfix, but i got the title, then kept going til...36? Around there. It's quite possible I could have gone higher but tbh I blew everything I had tea-wise on wave 29 so that ended up harming my longevity when the damage started getting spikier.

There's still a few (small) class specific mechanics i would like ironed out (ReM jumps now but it's priority to damaged party members isn't registering for Monks at least) but beyond that I felt that when i failed it was usually my fault. Seems more about proper CD timing for particular waves and remembering wave order than clutch reactions outside of Wave 4 double bubbles and "unlucky" chomp decisions, but overall it was a very satisfying title to get and one of the harder things I have done in the game that I also find fun.

I recommend taking Charging Ox Wave over the other two as a Monk though. The 15 sec shorter CD really does make a difference when it matters, and is a reliable stun x 2 for each wave. Xuen and Chi Wave are pretty amazing for this also.
90 Night Elf Druid
Got to try it once last night before jetting out to dinner. Got to wave 19 before I started getting "The Stare". Definitely seems a lot more doable now with the hotfix. Now I spend more time healing than trying to constantly bash or typhoon things. Double bite on the tank still sucks though.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Okay. This is finally over. Got to wave 34 this morning, and the only reason I didn't go beyond that was, well... I forgot to buy more ambers. Used up my last amber on wave 20, ran OOM at 34, wiped. Doh!

Ah well.

I like my new title, though. :)
90 Dwarf Paladin
Got to wave 35 easily, had a little hiccup on my end that caused a wipe.
Didn't flask/take better talents/didn't bring pots/no ambers.
Just wanted to test to see if it was fixed and it worked out really well.
90 Pandaren Shaman
Try Silver Tank if you want another challenge. I'm not even sure if you can do as some classes but the rabbits and last 2 waves are pure terror.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]