Proving Ground's NPC party is horrid...

(Locked)

90 Draenei Shaman
[quote="101254015849"]There shouldn't have been any changes in the last few days. My last serious run was Friday and things were fine then, and there have also been no hotfix notes since last week.[/QUOTE]
They don't put everything in the notes; just the stuff they're aware of. Have you actually tried it? I had the same experience as others are reporting. The day it was patched the adds were finally getting the mobs down. Today I tried it again and we're back in the same old boat where adds start to accumulate at wave 5 and by wave 8 there's still stuff from the previous two waves still beating on the tank. On patch day I was close to wave 20 on endless. Today I tried again for the first time in weeks, and despite having gear with more gems I'm not even hitting wave 10. There are certainly elements of L2P and strategize better in my failure, but there's also an element of inconsistency with respect to difficulty. If the NPCs are supposed to be taking adds down then they should do that. Otherwise just tell us that adds are supposed to survive indefinitely and accumulate instead of telling us there's an incoming hotfix and then backing it out later.
90 Pandaren Monk
i feel that feel you feel.
90 Pandaren Priest
Wave 48. Hunter gets fireballed, sonic blasted and the bleed debuff all within the span of less than a second. 100% to dead instantly.
100 Tauren Druid
49, probably. That's a tough moment every time--the Hive-Singer and Tunneler spawn at the far end of the room to start wave 9 (opposite where you were fighting wave 8). They nearly always hit the Hunter first since he's the only one in range. If so, you can shield/Shell/PoM him in advance. Sometimes the Mage is in range of them as well, so it can be trickier.
90 Pandaren Priest
I'm certain he would've died regardless. I also see no reason for fire to even exist in this place... Can't tell you how many times I've wasted 40 to 50 minutes of my time only for NPC to get insta-gibbed in fire.
Edited by Charity on 10/7/2013 10:53 AM PDT
90 Pandaren Priest
Oooh and this time at wave 35 the tank somehow died at 35% HP! Riveting!
100 Human Paladin
I'm certain he would've died regardless. I also see no reason for fire to even exist in this place... Can't tell you how many times I've wasted 40 to 50 minutes of my time only for NPC to get insta-gibbed in fire.

That stupid RNG combo is what almost cost me my title, its insane
100 Tauren Druid
Oooh and this time at wave 35 the tank somehow died at 35% HP! Riveting!

The hit that finishes off the NPC triggers a script that freezes his HP and ends the run instead of actually killing him (just for flavor reasons). Also, sometimes a heal lands a split-second after it triggers so his HP looks high as it ends. But you only actually fail if something hits the NPC that would take him to 0.
100 Goblin Shaman
I just finished Wave 30 last night and just quit at about 35 cuz I was tired.

Conductivity+Telluric Currents really shines here.

I also glyphed Capactior Totem and Healing wave.

My current Spec / Glyphs are what I used last night.

For gear - I did some research and really utilized WoWhead to see stats in Challenge Mode. It was very interesting to see that some lower ilvl gear was better in Challenge Mode. (Nightwatchers Helm for example)

Purified purple gem everything. Not only regen but throughput.
Int Food / Flask

Relic of Chi-Ji / Qin-xi's Polarizing Seal - I deemed BiS trinkets (of what I own) due to the highest flat stats and solid procs.

Key Play Points
Don't wait on CDs - Judicious use wins but always keep 1 availalble (shaman).
Capacitor totem every wave.
Fire Elemental before the start - CD resets so you get a "free one".
BL on wave 5.
Interrupt the Hive Singer!!!
Prioritize Dispels - yourself & hunter are always last. (*You can get out & the dang hunter is always out)
Learn the waves and keep calm.

Buy the restorative amber from the Klaxxi. It's the only way to mana up between waves.

GL!
90 Goblin Shaman
Got gold day 1, first try. Did endless, got to wave 10. Gave up when i got to 18 over and over again. Now im hitting 28,29 every time, but my spirit link totem is forcing a wipe. Its getting soooooo annoying. I wish they would make it so its a wipe when a npc dies, not hits low hp -.-
90 Dwarf Monk
I'm definitely getting closer. Started working on these again this week and made steady progression. I got to wave 25 the other night and I think I died mostly because I was excited to get that far and started getting worried about the damage, so I lost efficiency and ran out of mana. I definitely feel I have waves 1-10 down pat pretty good, so it's just a matter of executing 1-30 now and getting the title!
100 Human Paladin
I definitely feel I have waves 1-10 down pat pretty good

Thats all you need, executing the same pattern 3 times, the mobs just do more dmg so chances are your cd usage may change, especially if everyone suddenly takes huge dmg but interrupting and stunning, if you do, will always be the same.

I remember interrupting the mantid that aoes in the 20-30 round really helped, avoiding all the aoe was fantastic.
Edited by Delalina on 10/12/2013 1:21 AM PDT
100 Draenei Shaman
Tried Endless again after giving it a break for a week or so. I have to agree with Ronduwil, adds are continuously overlapping again. I didn't get a mana break at the end of wave 10. Needless to say I didn't make it very far in this attempt. I can heal CM's no problem but Endless seems like a gigantic pain every time I try.
90 Draenei Shaman
Why do I have to DPS even on gold to reduce the overlapping of waves? Is't this supposed to be a healing challenge?
90 Dwarf Monk
Why do I have to DPS even on gold to reduce the overlapping of waves? Is't this supposed to be a healing challenge?

Well you don't have to, but if you want to drink for the full time you might.
90 Tauren Druid
not too hard at all but challenging. got it to 35 or 36 then I got bored and left.
90 Tauren Druid
Tried Endless again after giving it a break for a week or so. I have to agree with Ronduwil, adds are continuously overlapping again. I didn't get a mana break at the end of wave 10. Needless to say I didn't make it very far in this attempt. I can heal CM's no problem but Endless seems like a gigantic pain every time I try.

yeah, this is true and sometimes it wouldn't let me drink but eh you deal with it. it did annoy me it happened a couple of times just have to manage stuns, interrupts better in order to save mana
90 Blood Elf Priest
Can a priest who has done this since the hotfix please tell me his strat for doing it as holy or disc? i've been trying for two days now bouncing between holy and disc and have only reached wave 16..i'm to the point where i've basically given up and said screw it which sucks cause that title would be pretty nice, i guess i'm not a proven healer :(
90 Troll Priest
I did mine about a week ago following http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4627

I regemmed all my gear focusing on spirit, Int and mastery. I was at about 23k spell power (with Fire up and food/flask) and 10k spirit and 30% mastery. I found mastery better than crit, more reliable here.

For glyphs I used POM, Binding Heal and either Smite or Weakened Soul, cant remember the 3rd. Talents went Solace, DP, Twist and Star.

I found using Fear and Psyfiend didn't matter much as they broke instantly, I eventually stopped trying.

X2 Wait for SS a few seconds, get a shield on tank, POM, Penn and Sol before you cast it. The first few get interrupted.

X4 to deal with both dispels, if it was on the Mage, LoF him out and move away, shield him and let it blow up (this only works after the first add is dead). If its on the hunter or you, shield and let it blow up. BH works good for when you get it after it blows. If both are in melee, I just used a Mass Dispel. Healing the 2-3 targets after one blew up eats just as much mana most of the time. Never LoF the rogue or Warrior here, they just Charge/Shadowstep back in, mage will go back in too if all 3 adds are up still. Pain Sup Early so its up when you need it for the next wave.

For me, waves X5 were the trickiest and gave me the most issues, mostly stemming from my luck of the hunter always getting the first Chomp and he refuses to get under barrier during the AoE. AoE + Chomp made getting the hunter up a pain while dealing with the tank damage from the enraged adds. I started using Voidshift on the hunter in this case and DP/HS/Binding Heal the tank. If it wasn't the hunter it wasn't that bad to deal with the chomp due to Barrier keeping SS up much longer. Always save Barrier for the enraged add.

X7 start with Shield/POM tank then go into SS. Pop Pain Sup during enraged adds.

X9 Pop SS when you start the phase, the AoE mob is up awhile. Barrier as well here.

Chomp:
They target whomever will get chomp while they cast their burrowing animation, watch for it and shield that person, they usually wont even get the debuff. Otherwise with POM glyphed, its a pretty good single heal for the first jump. i used it a lot to get rid of chomps if the CD was up at the right time. Penance is another great option. If neither were up, I would shield and wait for one. If it ended up on the tank, used shields, Penance and POM, I believe a few times I went as far as Focus/Flash heals to get it off.

I used the following CDs and cheat sheet with Shadowfiend on 2 (after SS went out) 5 with Hymn when only the big guy was left and 9 at the start.

2 Barrier & SS - AOE
3 - CHOMP
4 Pain Sup - DOUBLE DISPEL
5 Barrier & Void & SS - CHOMP/AOE
6 - CHOMP
7 Pain Sup & SS - AOE
9 Barrier & SS - CHOMP/AOE
10 Pain Sup
100 Tauren Paladin
Any Holy Paladins done this lately? Two areas I am running into on Gold. Wave 6, these guys are hitting the tank for crazy amounts, I throw up BoS and sometimes it keeps him up other times, he just takes too much damage. Second, wave 10, I just don't have cooldowns back up at this time to handle all the incoming damage. Pointers, tips appreciated. :)

Ranelan

PS: Not being able to drink when sometimes things are down 15 seconds early really sucks. Also sometimes the NPC's interrupt and other times they don't, this also is really frustrating. Finally, the NPC's are usually about 5 seconds slow on waves 1-7, then 5-10 seconds fine on waves 8-9. There needs to be a lot more consistency. These NPC's act like the worst LFR/Random dungeon group you could get and to me doesn't PROVE anything that you can heal idiots.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]